1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 3, 2003.

1. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Okay, so it wasn't Eric's Grover. It was an early Frank Oz Grover. Thanks for that info.

116, 117, 118, 119, 120 Hmmmm. That worked for Crazy Harry.
  2. Clean Gultch

Clean Gultch New Member

Hmmm.. I was just listening to MC Radio and they played Roosevelt Franklin Counts but the intro was alot longer and he introduced different people before his mother (ie: ab cito or whatever). Ive never heard this version beofre. Even the mp3 i got off of Winmx skips from Roosevelt introducing himself and going right to his mother. Am i crazy or something?
  3. Chilly Down

Chilly Down Member

Phil,

Just listening to the updated Radio. Fantastic job! Sounds great. And I'm getting a string of really good songs in a row. It started with "Follow Me" from Fraggle Rock (and right now as I type this, it's playing the reprise, which I've never heard! How cool!).

Anyway, keep up the good work. I'd second the vote for some Farscape music (at least the theme song), maybe a selection from the Dark Crystal CD, and maybe even a few oddball things, like the Little Muppet Monsters theme.

Of course, maybe all those are already on there and I just haven't heard it yet. Might as well keep listening! :)

Every morning, every day,
    Every evening, callin' me away...
  4. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

There are two different versions of this track. The original (which you just heard) is from the 1970 record "The Year Of Roosevelt Franklin". The song was reissued in 1974 on the "Letters and Numbers" album, however, his family and friends were removed. The shortened version was also released as a single. One of the things I did when I re-recorded all the tracks was to put the songs in their original form. Hopefully that helps clear things up.
  5. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I think I just heard an old skeach of the first season of the muppet show. Because Miss Piggy sounded like Richerd Hunt's voice. Thought if was kind of cool. It sounded ok it was kind of weird. It was my first time to hear what they sound like w/ Richead Hunt's voice.
  6. Wander McMooch

Wander McMooch New Member

I'm loving the changes that you made to MC (I'm currently updating my wishlist), but I've noticed a couple of errors when it comes to track listings. Should we report them here?
  7. Phillip

You can post them here, but I would prefer if you would e-mail them to me (click on the e-mail link below). If you can credit a source if known it would help. Keep in mind for songs that have been released on multiple albums, I try to always list the original source of a recording.
  8. Phillip

As announced earlier today, phase 2 of our Muppet Central Radio updates are live on our on-line station. Here is a summary of the updates that were announced.

1. Ten hours of new music has been added to our rotation.

2. A specialized and comprehensive playlist is now in place for the station.

Let us know your thoughts and feedback on the latest additions.

Click here to listen to Muppet Central Radio...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

Just a reminder that if you hear a song you like, click the thumbs up icon. Likewise if you do not like it, click on the thumbs down icon. This feedback is very valuable in planing future playlists.
  9. JimmyDeanDog

JimmyDeanDog Member

Viva La Muppet Radio!

I LUV MUPPET RADIO!

:)
  10. Daffyfan2003

Well, the good news is I got the Internet connection up in my dorm room so I can listen to MC Radio. The bad news is that it runs super-slowly. By the way, I no longer carry a credit card, but I'd like to keep listening, so I thought I'd send a money order. Can somebody tell me how to do that and how much it would cost per month? Thanks.
  11. Phillip

It doesn't cost anything to listen to Muppet Central Radio. You will hear ads in the audio stream and get pop ups. You can optionally choose to pay Live365 about $3 a month to eliminate the pop up ads and ads in the audio stream. It will also always guarantee you access to the station (there is a free listener limit to how many people can listen at one time). Keep in mind, all of this is optional. If you want to pay the $3 or so for those features you can, but Muppet Central Radio has always been free to listen.
  12. Daffyfan2003

O.K., I see. I got an e-mail about billing information a week okay, so that's why I was wondering. I was worried I might get arrested for listening to the system when I couldn't afford it. Lol. But I guess I'm alright. Thanks, Phil.
  13. Phillip

It sounds like you signed up for the VIP/Prefered membership instead of the free login.
  14. Daffyfan2003

Hmmm. I don't know. I might want to check on that.
  15. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

I wonder: does it cost anything to run a Live365 station like MC Radio? :confused:
  16. Phillip

Muppet Central Radio currently costs about $30 a month to broadcast via Live365. Smaller stations do cost less. It really depends upon how much storage space you need and how many free listeners you want to allow at a time. Music royalty payments are included in your monthly bills to Live365.

Check out this page for an overview...

http://www.live365.com/broadcast/index.live?1069087101751

If you would like more info on broadcasting, let me know and I'd be happy to help answer any questions that you might have.
  17. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

Cool, I was wondering if the thumbs up/down actually made a difference or not.
    I've noticed some super tunes and I always give the thumbs up when I hear them.
    Sometimes, I hear a great song then I go to see what it is the playlist it's blank. :(
    It's like the list locks up, but the music still going. Then I have to close it and restart the player again.

Anyhoo, the old Sesame Street and Muppet show stuff is EXCELLENT!!
    I LOVE ALL THE DISCO STUFF!!!
    It's awesome! I can't get enough... :D
  18. Phillip

If you right-click on the blue playlist window and choose "refresh", the screen should re-load to it's current place. This sometimes happens after you have been listening for a few hours.

The thumbs up, thumbs down feature does indeed make a difference. I check the entire playlist monthly to see how people are responding along with adding new music on a regular basis.
  19. Spicy Bubbles

Spicy Bubbles New Member

I'm not sure if you'll be able to answer these questions or not, but I figured it was worth a shot.

First, where did you get the songs from Muppet 3-D? Is there a CD out somewhere or something, because I love 'em!! I have a friend who visits Disney World on a regular basis and if there's a CD, I'll have him pick one up for me.

Second, how did you get the skits & songs from the shows into a format like this? Again, I would love to have some of The Muppet Show skits & songs on a CD, and I was curious if there's a way to go about doing it?

I love Muppet Central Radio, it makes my work days so much more enjoyable & easier to tolerate. Thank you, Mr. Chapman, thank you so very much!!
  20. Phillip

The Muppet Vision instrumental tunes were donated to the station earlier this year. Unfortunately the songs were never available on CD.

Most of the unreleased tunes (not on CD) I have mastered one-by-one from the best source material that I have whether that be LP, cassette or VHS. I've been working on some new songs that will be airing in 2004 by the way.

Our Christmas music will begin in the rotation this Friday and continue through Christmas Day. We will play Christmas music non-stop for five days from December 21-25.