1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 3, 2003.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

There are currently two versions of "New York State of Mind" in our rotation. One by Floyd (from the 1978 Muppet Show 2 album) and the other by Rowlf (from the 1993 Ol' Brown Ears is Back CD).

The version from the Tonight Show was Floyd's version. In fact, the soundtrack was played and Floyd lip-synched during the song. It wasn't a "new version" sung live.
  2. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

The radio just won't work for me today, no matter how often I turn it on and off. I'm sad, because I really like the radio.
  3. Phillip

Exactly how is it not working for you? We need more details in order to help.

How do you normally listen (with what player)? Are you getting an error message? Have you tried running the listening wizard (linked below)?

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/
  4. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

It keeps a moving red line on instead of the green line, and after the music doesn't play for 5 minutes a sign comes up that the connection to timer has tuned out. I use Real One Player.
  5. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

Do you need to become a Live365 member in order to listen to Muppet Radio?
  6. Phillip

Well it depends how you listen (with what player). Each handles the stream a little differently.

For example, with the Live365 player you can listen about 10 times or so without logging in, then Live365 asks that you register. When you register you get some additional features like station presets, ratings, etc.

Let us know if that answered your question or if you need additional help.
  7. christyb

christyb New Member

I can't seem to get the live365 player to install on the computer I'm using. (it's a computer at a university so that may be the problem) Is there any way to listen using windows media player???
  8. Phillip

You can use Windows Media Player, but you'll need to create a free listener account on Live365, then adjust your listener settings.

After you have created a listener login/password, go to this page and change your player preferences...

http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/personalize.cgi

Keep in mind I believe when you do this the Live365 player will initially pop-up, then launch your designated mp3 player. So if you can't even get the Live365 player to launch this may not work as described. Check for a pop-up blocker to disable, that may be the issue right there.

Another alternative if you can install a small program is Radio365. You can try it out for free for 30 days. You'll hear the station in mp3pro (twice the quality) with this player.

http://www.live365.com/help/radio365-win/diagram.html

By the way, for those of you who do use the Live365 player, you will now only see a maximum of two pop-ups a day. They use to show hundreds so this is a big step in the right direction.
  9. christyb

christyb New Member

Thanks Mr. Chapman. I'm listening now and it's great!!!! :sing:
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

The radio is phenominal, what a super selection. It's all I listen to at work. So much variety. Tremendous job, Phil. Very excellent, the only flaw is that it makes me want every song on there, and most of 'em are impossible to get, at least MC radio gives me my fix.
  11. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

Hey!

Ohhhh... Guess what I just heard!?
    'Scooter's Guest Star Song' by Scooter ;)

So, please, please, please play "You and I, and George" by Rowlf.
    Please, it's from the same show!!!
    *sniff* I haven't heard that one in so long.

Ah, this is an excellent station.
    :flirt: I try to listen everyday.
  12. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Sorry, I just gotta' post again and say how excellent Muppet Central Radio is, Mr. Chapman; this is what sets Muppet Central apart from other Muppet sites, just exceptional, truly exceptional, I can't praise it enough.
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

there was a song sung on the trip to New Mexico week song series by Luis called My Special Place. that just reminds me there's another song he sung called it's fun to wonder that also should be included.
  14. Mario

Mario New Member

When I listen to the radio they all have really deep voices. :cry:
  15. Phillip

16. Mario

Mario New Member

Thanks, I think its just my comp. I still have Windows 98 :eek: . Its soo old, but it works, so I won't be changing it soon. I tried it on my laptop, and it works great, so I do just think its my comp. Thanks, Phillip :)
  17. christyb

christyb New Member

Just wanted to say again that MCR is wonderful! On a side note: Where do you find all the songs that you put on there? Some of them I haven't heard in forever, and I was wondering where you dug these gems up!
  18. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Jim Henson's Limbo.

Just heard this rather strange recording by Jim on the MC radio tonight. It wasn't a song about limboing but it was Jim speaking and this wierd music playing. Can anyone here explain this recording?
  19. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I have also heard many times before a great song listed on MCR as "Muppet Medley - The Princeton Nasoons - MCMXCVI". Can anyone give me an idea or information on this great piece? Who are the Princeton Nasoons? Is someone from that group a member here at MC? How did MC get their hands on it? Is there anyway I could get a copy of their work? To whoever did do this; VERY creative and very well done!
  20. Muppetlord

Muppetlord New Member

I just heard this today and I was wondering the same thing!!