1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 3, 2003.

1. Vibs

Vibs New Member

Um...

I love the MuppetCentral Radio!!

:flirt:

hehe...
  2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh, I cannot cope with the EM song "Jam" Becuase Animal shouts Jam over and over, and it sound sliek Jim, and he sounds so sad...and it's like he shouting for Jim, but Jim is gone. Everytime he shouted Jam I hurt inside...

Ok, forgive my ignorence, but, what are MuppaToons?
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Bunsen is Rapping! Why? Um...is ther a reason why Dr Bunsen Honey Due was rappin on MT?
  4. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

MuppeToons are from the old muppets.com site. there was a link to "Muppet World" It was kind of vaguely like the current muppets.com site, but it was set as sort of a cyber-space version of the muppets and how they existed. You could go to muppet labs, and other random stuff I don't really remember. And muppetoons was just sort of little acts with the cyber-muppets. there were a couple muppet labs, there was one where gonzo simultaniously e-mailed himself to the entire world... that sort of thing. At least that's what I remember it being. I could be wrong.

And I've never seen Muppets Tonight, but I'm guessing that Bunsen rapping has something to do with the fact that there is also a song where Johnny and Sal are trying to make Bunsen more "cool". I'm just guessing here, though
  5. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

I have another question. I recently switched over to I-tunes. I already adjusted the setting on Live 365, but I was wondering, do I need any extra software for it?

Thanks,
    Kate
  6. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yayyyy!!! I'm sorry, I just had to shout it to the world, that I am now listening to Muppet Central Radio! After all these months, it is finally happening! I-tunes works perfectly, by the way.
    I'm sorry; I'm just vary excited right now, and so I am slightly hiper.

Kate
  7. anythingmuppet

anythingmuppet New Member

8506 This Station has reached its maxium capacity. Over & Over. Yep, it must have a lot of people tuning in again...
  8. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Lou Rawls Story Of the ABC's

So nice to hear that 1 for the first time since the SSU shows. I wonder if the whole song was made up for the show or if it was a priority of another song of his? There's a song he recorded 2 years prior to his SS appearance called Dead End Street which was basicly about him growing up dirt poor and trying to make something of himself which he obviously did. the piano sound in the ABC song sounds kind of the same as this other song I mentioned though slightly more sped up.
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

There's one song I'd like to hear that Judy Collins sang I think called "A Song Without a Reason a Song Without a Rhyme". Is it possible to include that one?
  11. Phillip

I'll have to look to see if I have that. I do have several Judy Collins Sesame songs here that aren't on the station. I'll look into it and add it if possible.
  12. RyGuy

RyGuy New Member

Ways to MCR more enjoyable

1. Why not experiment with "Theme weekends" on MCR ? I suggest this because a lot of regular radio station do that type of thing to increase listenership Some examples of "theme weekends " may include a Sesame Street Records " weekend where you play a song from a vinyl each hour ?

2. Also why not hire some DJ's for Muppet Centreal Radio ? there could be a morning show a request hour( this could occour during the week . Aand a Sesame Street Classic Saturday Night ( where Sesame fans young and old could request any Sesame song before 1990 . To accomplish this, there could be a link on the MCR section of the website to submit requests for either the weekday request hour which could be from noon to 1:00 Sesame Street Classic Saturday night could be from 8:00 P.M to 12:00 midnight .

I think they should have Muppeteer interviews too . The DJ's should be people who really know the muppets well they should hire people just out of high -school and regular adults. There could also be a " this day in muppet history " tidbit ach day .

There should be both male and female and willing to talk to everybody , parents and kids . For instance if a parent called in and said I'd like to dedicate a song to my son)

3. There could also be cont
  13. Phillip

Thanks for the feedback. These are both ideas we've tossed around for awhile. Look for at least one of them to happen in the future.

Did you mean to include something else here? Let me know.

As always, thanks for listening and sharing your ideas.
  14. Infinity Sirius

Infinity Sirius New Member

After you listen to Live365.com for awhile, do you have to eventually become a free preferred member to continue to listen to Muppet Radio?
  15. Phillip

If you mean do you have to create a free login account, then yes. This will give you access to unlimited presets and other settings for your account.

Preferred membership, which is another option, eliminates all audio and player ads, allows you to listen in higher quality mp3pro audio, and you get a special player Radio365. Preferred membership requires a small fee though to listen ad-free.
  16. ILuVERNIE

ILuVERNIE New Member

Ok... but can you hear Muppet Central radio on XM satellite?
  17. Phillip

No... you either need to listen via the Internet, an Internet streaming device hooked up to your stereo or a Series2 Tivo with Home Media Options and a Live365 Preferred Membership.
  18. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Live 365.

Anyone know what's wrong with it?
  19. Phillip

What's happening or not happening for you? Live365 was reporting no problems yesterday. Have you tried re-running the listening wizard? We need more details in order to help.
  20. ILuVERNIE

ILuVERNIE New Member

oh... ok! thanks for the info!!