Your Feedback: Muppet Central Radio on Live365

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are currently two versions of "New York State of Mind" in our rotation. One by Floyd (from the 1978 Muppet Show 2 album) and the other by Rowlf (from the 1993 Ol' Brown Ears is Back CD).

The version from the Tonight Show was Floyd's version. In fact, the soundtrack was played and Floyd lip-synched during the song. It wasn't a "new version" sung live.

Whatever

Reaction score
The radio just won't work for me today, no matter how often I turn it on and off. I'm sad, because I really like the radio.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly how is it not working for you? We need more details in order to help.

How do you normally listen (with what player)? Are you getting an error message? Have you tried running the listening wizard (linked below)?

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/

Whatever

Reaction score
It keeps a moving red line on instead of the green line, and after the music doesn't play for 5 minutes a sign comes up that the connection to timer has tuned out. I use Real One Player.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well it depends how you listen (with what player). Each handles the stream a little differently.

For example, with the Live365 player you can listen about 10 times or so without logging in, then Live365 asks that you register. When you register you get some additional features like station presets, ratings, etc.

Let us know if that answered your question or if you need additional help.

christyb

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the live365 player to install on the computer I'm using. (it's a computer at a university so that may be the problem) Is there any way to listen using windows media player???

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can use Windows Media Player, but you'll need to create a free listener account on Live365, then adjust your listener settings.

After you have created a listener login/password, go to this page and change your player preferences...

http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/personalize.cgi

Keep in mind I believe when you do this the Live365 player will initially pop-up, then launch your designated mp3 player. So if you can't even get the Live365 player to launch this may not work as described. Check for a pop-up blocker to disable, that may be the issue right there.

Another alternative if you can install a small program is Radio365. You can try it out for free for 30 days. You'll hear the station in mp3pro (twice the quality) with this player.

http://www.live365.com/help/radio365-win/diagram.html

By the way, for those of you who do use the Live365 player, you will now only see a maximum of two pop-ups a day. They use to show hundreds so this is a big step in the right direction.

christyb

Reaction score
Thanks Mr. Chapman. I'm listening now and it's great!!!! :sing:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The radio is phenominal, what a super selection. It's all I listen to at work. So much variety. Tremendous job, Phil. Very excellent, the only flaw is that it makes me want every song on there, and most of 'em are impossible to get, at least MC radio gives me my fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.