Your first trip to the movies.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Do you remember the first movie you saw in the theatre? Ever been to a drive-in? (They're almost extinct now).

For me, 1973, Disney's Robin Hood. Back then, you could see an afternoon matinee, with popcorn and a soda for about two bucks. 'Scuse me while I get back to my rocking chair now...

Misskermie

Reaction score
I saw star wars episode 1 when I was a baby.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My parents have told me the first movie I ever saw in theaters was The Lion King, but I really have no recollection of seeing it in theaters; some of my earliest theater memories include A Troll in Central Park (with my daycare group... we WERE going to see Free Willy, but saw ATICP instead) and that John Travolta movie Phenomenon (who takes a bunch of four-year-olds to see a movie like that?)

Drive-ins are already extinct.

Now, as far as movies in general go, I'm pretty sure Who Framed Roger Rabbit was one of the very first movies I ever saw; my memory goes as far back as Follow That Bird, and 101 Dalmatians.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I saw Toy Story 2 when I was 4. I loved it then, and do today.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
The first movie I remember seeing in the theater was Beauty and the Beast, though I've been told my aunt and uncle took me to see Home Alone (I was three, I have no memory of this).

ncchuck

Reaction score
STAR TREK 2 I was a kid but I still remember crying when spok died.
and I saw the avengers at a drive-in last year

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The first movie I saw in the theaters was Toy Story. I'm really not a fan of the sequels, but the first one holds that special place in my heart, especially because my uncle took me to see it, and at the time, he was in the military and was visiting home, so I rarely got to see him.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Don't laugh, but I was told that the very first movie I ever saw was "Barney's Great Adventure" when was I, like, 3 or so. :sigh:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think I've ever gone to the movies with just my aunt and uncle (though there did used to be a family tradition of going to the movies the day after Thanksgiving, but that got too expensive).

Funnily enough, it seems like whenever just my dad and I go to a movie, we always end up being the only ones in the theater. :stick_out_tongue:

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
I have vague memories of seeing Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame with my parents in theaters.