1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by MuppetCaper, Feb 8, 2008.

1. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

2. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I... must... have this! :excited: :D :concern:
  3. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

He look great. Really great, I am so jealous you have yours already :) I gotta wait another 9 days! So are the eyes easy to pin back? I guess they are the same as Animals....cant wait to see a group shot.:D
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Well done for the pics

He does look WAY better with the darker nose, the color doesn't make the nose material as obvious. Also the fur is a lot neater and better done on these too. He does actually look very "Gonzo", i'm suprised at how good its turned out all things considered. Suit is A++++++++++++
  5. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

Yes! I was really happy with the eyes.
  6. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

So whats it like owning 3 Muppets !
  7. MuppetCaper

They drive you crazy. Just kidding. I love them to no end. I want more, more, more!

you don't really notice the plastic eyelid part till you lift up the eyelid part. You do have to pin them back of course. He turned out way much better than I thought. You just could not go without him. Travis is so right. He is amazing and that's just my opinion. He is just too cute. I just had to put pictures up for you guys to see him! ;)

Oh, and he does come with the gold lining in the box as well. I got number 45 out of 2500!
  8. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Thanks MC......if you take a group shout then please post it:D
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

OH MY GOSH! HES OUT ALREADY! :excited: must order asap! :insatiable:
  10. MuppetCaper

11. doc hopper

doc hopper Member

you know what's funny? Travis' photos didn't do him justice! These pics make Gonzo look really, REALLY good!

where's my credit card...
  12. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

The group shot looks great MC. Whats the box like?
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Got em'! Sorry, in a hurry so I'll be brief. First initial feeling was different. I actually squeaked! He looks so cute! I give him a...well, stars are hard. I give Gonzo a B to B+ so far. I haven't had time to tweak him yet.

Here are the issues you want to know about:
    * Visible seams and weird texture of the nose (we knew that) isn't great, but it's not terrible at all.

* Pupil focus is like season one Muppet Show - wandering eyes. Not bad, but needs fixing!

* Lid shells not as visible, but I'll have to fix that too. The green portion of one lid is not painted enough, but easy fix.

* Nose/mouth shape is darn close. Top lip isn't as pronounced as depicted. Color and shading is a little less detailed than I would like but it's purplish with yellow tones in it closer than most other products.

Really Good stuff:
    * The rest - fur, hair, likeness, clothes, little - real - shoes etc. Go get 'em if you can. I swear to Camilla that some people just shouldn't be allowed to take pictures!

This are snapshots taken right out of the box. No futzing no posing no Photoshopping in any way. Just stuck him up there and snapped so that you guys could get a true representation of him. Lighting could be better! here---:concern:
    Gonzo out of the box images.
  14. MuppetCaper

15. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Thats a great set of pics as well FrogBoy. I do think that MC has a Gonzo with better focus than yours, it may be like Animal, you either get a good one or a bad one. I bet you are really pleased to get him a t last
  16. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

17. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Yeah, I'm happy with my Gonzo. There are some micro issues with the foam, paint, stocking seams and tiny pseudo snags, but in all I am pleased. I've met Gonzo and was expecting this to look like his simple cousin, but this is him. Not a perfect him, but a very very good him! I'd almost call him Great. :concern:

A lot of folk around here probably feel they're getting the real skinny on his criticism with me as I have voiced many a concern!

The fabric Caper suggested for eye dots is being shipped and will reach me next week. Thanks Caper. It will be a great help!

Now it's off to see my partner and let him take a look at Gonzo. He's met the real fella too. :)
  18. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

So I take it that Gonzo is presented inside the box the same as Kermit, that is, fully standing in a blister cover, with silk background, so you could still display him in the box with the lid off if you wanted to?
  19. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'm in love with a blue weirdo.
  20. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Wow Jamie, that's a huge pupil-placement difference between your Gonzo and MC's. Crazy factory shenanigans! :insatiable: (love the new smilies BTW, glad I got close on Big Bird!)

Can't wait to get my Gonzie, I cancelled my MR preorder and got him for less through DisneyShopping.com, SO... I have to wait, but I'm glad I'm waiting for something that isn't horrible like I imagined! This is the first time I gave a looksie at in-hand MR Muppet pics before I got my own, cuz I was so scared with Gonzo! I'm very happy to see he isn't the disaster we all made him out to be.

Cheers to MR!
    :)
    Anthony