1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Gonzo Replica Pictures

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by MuppetCaper, Feb 8, 2008.

1. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

2. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

3. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Great pic mate........I have noticed that a lot of these pics are of Gonzo with his eyes left as they are, have you guys tried pinning them back?
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I'm a little frightened to mess with the delicate foam too much. :concern:
  5. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

I agree great pics.

Still feeling a bit deflated about the wait to get him in the UK, but when I see these new pics he looks great and revives my excitement about getting him.

Hurry Up Gonzo, get here soon. I bet he's so bored being stuck at sea for so long!

Chris
  6. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

So are you gonna do a review Jamie?
  7. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I did one. You can check it out at MR website under reviews!
  8. Quick note to any UK buyer who pre-ordered from The Collector Zone. Their release date has been brought forward to 03/03/2008. That's good news!
  9. MuppetCaper

Question about your Gonzo's. Does one the right eyelid seem like it is off a little from the left one? Or do they both look like they are even? Mine seems to look off or crooked.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Actually, that's the authentic Gonzo design. His left (our right) eyelid is a fraction higher than his right one. You will see this in both the posers and especially the actual production puppet. I am glad Master Replicas and Disney retained this particular point of accuracy. :flirt:

A little known fact - Dave Goelz actually designed the first eye mechanism for Gonzo. :concern:

I might help shoot some pictures of Gonzo like the one on the main page, but I would like someone else to handle this and the following official Muppet Central review for the sake of variety. However, I would enjoy reviewing the Pig or the Rat or the sculptures! :shifty:

In all, Gonzo receives an average of 4.25/5 stars from me. His eye focus could be better, his nose netting is unfortunate, but not as bad as expected. Even seeing that he's less accurate he's still my favorite and the most fun of the three this far! That's pretty much my review. He he.
  11. tomahawk

tomahawk Member

Mine seem fine. But than again, it is Gonzo and he is always a bit off. :concern:
  12. MuppetCaper

Well, I am hoping that mine is not the only one. It may be something that I will be fixing soon or later. Just thought it was odd is all when I see everyone elses and they look pretty much even.

See what I mean?

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb82/tsmert/Gonzo1-1.jpg
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That eyelid is supposed to be higher, as stated before, but that does appear to be a bit higher than normal. I might tweak it. :concern:
  14. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

I read the review and I thought it was great, you should submit it to MC
  15. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Thats good that the date has changed to 3rd March.

Only a few weeks to go......................

Chris
  16. Cue the theme from Countdown! :)
  17. MuppetCaper

Any help on that would be nice. How would I submit it and all the pictures? Maybe frogboy can help me on this one.

Also did you get the stuff for your pupils yet frogboy? how did it turn out?
  18. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Muppet Central Reviews

:search: There is a self-explanatory page on the topic on the Muppet Central website that explains the easy process better than I could. There's also a place for notes where you could provide links to your photographs.

I really would like to see more reviews by forum members than the regular staff, but it always seems to fall to us. I encourage Caper and anyone who wants to submit a review (on this or any other product) to do so! Muppet Central can always use help in this department. :wisdom:

:) Hope this answered your question.​
  19. Telly

Telly Active Member

I REALLY hope the Rat gets made! I'd be up for a review on that one!
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think the rat may well be next after da Fozz. Travis seemed to be saying that Piggy could get bumped back a bit.