your ideal Muppet seating chart

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know if this would actually go in another category or not, but I'm putting it here,e ven though it's not a story or script. If you were able to have a big Muppet party, and include a special seating chart, what would your seating chart be like?

Here is what mine would be like. It would be in a room similar to the one from The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years. The main center of the room would consist of Disney-owned Muppets. If Disney was actually doing such a thing, and only the Disney Muppets could be in a shot, then at the bottom left corner of the screen would be a table for the main Muppets, and a few other characters. This table would have (clockwise from the right side of the table) Miss Piggy (holding Foo-Foo), Kermit, Robin, Fozzie Bear, Emily Bear, Scooter, Gonzo, Camilla, Rizzo, and Pepe. On the right of that table would be a table for the electric mayhem, with (from right to left) Dr. Teeth, Animal, Janice, Floyd, Zoot, and Lips. Next to that table would be some major supporting characters: Bunsen, Beaker, Sam the Eagle, Rowlf, Beauregard, Lew Zeland, Link Hogthrob, and Dr. Strangepork. Besides that table would be a table for some of the main Muppets Tonight characters: Clifford, Bobo, Dr. Phil van Neuter, Mulch, Seymour, Johnny Fiama, and Sal.

Behind that table would be a table for some of the main Jim Henson Hour characters: Digit, Leon, Vicki, Beard, and Lindberg. On the left of that table would be a table for some of Muppet Meeting Films characters, and some buisness characters: Leo, Grump, The David Lazer Muppet, Grimley, Ted Thomas, J.P. Grosse, Big Head, Bill, Gil, and Jill. Next to that would be a table for Bean Bunny and his family from Tale of the Bunny Picnic, plus Billy Bunny and a few random white Muppet bunnies. Nex tto that would be a table of some of the first season Muppet Show characters: George, Mildred, Wayne, Wanda, Hilda, and Brewster. The next table would have some more minor characters: Annie Sue Pig, Crazy Harry, Fleet Scribbler, Hoggie Marsh, Baskerville, and Nigel the conductor. On the right of that table would be a table with The Gogalala Jubilee Jugband. Next to that would be two tables for some of the more unusual creatures: The Four Fazoobs, Shakey Shanchez, The Snowtsh, The Koozebanian Phoob, Chopped Liver Monster, Male Koozebanian, Female Koozebanian, and Baby Koozebanians. Next to that would be a table with Bobby Benson and his babies.

Behind that table would be a table with Geri and the Attrics. On the left of that, there'd be a table for Lobbock Lou, Jerry, Lou, Gramps, Zeke, and Bubba. Next to that table would be a table for several generic pigs (plus Spamela, David Hogsohog, Andy, and Randy), then there'd be a table for several generic frogs, then there'd be a table for Mad Monty, Clueless Morgan, Polly Lobster, Uncle Deadley, Zondra, Chip, and Ubu. Then there'd be a table for Muppy, Rover Joe, Lyle, and the two female dogs who appeared on The Muppet Show.

Behind the dog table, there would be a table for Nigel the director, Eugene the mink, Larry, Oliver, Pops, and The Devil. On the right of that would be a table for The Swedish Chef, The Newsman, Trumpet Girl, Gladys, Wally, and Zelda Rose. Besides that would be a table for P.J., Kai-Lee, Mahna Mahna, Louis Kazagger, Angus McGonacle, and Lenny the Lizard. Then there'd be a table for the penguins, a table for the rats, and a table for the chickens.

Behind the chicken tabel would be a table with the birds from The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence, as well as Fletcherbird and Betsy Bird, and to the left, a table for some of the monsters: Boppity, Gloat, Snake Frackle, the two vulture-like Frackles, Mo, and the pink frackle, and then another monster table, with Luncheon Counter Monster, Beautiful Day Monster, Scudge, Behemoth, and Timmy Monster. Besides that, a table for Sweetums, Doglion, Mean Mama, and the mutations, and then a table for Thig, Thog, Splurge, Carl, Flower-Eating Monster, and Lothar. And next to that, a table for Bill the Bubble Guy, Mr. Poodlepants, The Bird Announcer, Gaffer, and Catgut.

There would also be a balcony for Statler and Waldorf on the far left of that area.

To the right of the seating chart I mentioned would be an area for Henson-owned characters, and to the left, a seating chart for Sesame Street (and international) characters. I'll list a seating chart for those later.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Ooh, party planning with muppets! I love it! There was a muppet dinner party thread in classic muppets, but this is somewhat different.

Hmmm, I don't know. Do you really think it would be a good idea to put Janice next to Animal?
:wink:
:flirt:
:halo:
Perhaps Janice should sit on the other side of Floyd?

I'll do mine later.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And now, the Sesame Street section of my seating chart.

First, there is a table next to that of the main Muppets from The Muppet Show, featuring main current Sesame Street characters. This table has Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Mr. Snuffleupagus, Elmo, Zoe, The Count, Abby Cadabby, Cookie Monster, and Ernestine (I know, now a main character, but she is Ernie's niece). The table beside that has Alice Snuffleupagus, Barley, Grover, Grover's mommy, Prairie Dawn, and Rosita. The next table has a variety of Sesame Street monsters: Herry, Frazzle, Leo, Two-Headed Monster, Deena, Pearl, and Aristotle. Beside that table is Telly, Baby Bear, Curly, Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and Goldilocks. Next to that table is a grouch table, with Oscar, Grungetta, Irvine, Gary Grouch, and Osvaldo (Slimey also sits on that table, in front of Oscar).

Behind the grouch table is another grouch table, with The Mayor of Grouchland, the mayors wife, Grizzy, Sharon Groan, and two additional grouches, as well as Bruno. Next to that is a table filled with major characters from the 1980s, including Hoots, Athena, Dr. Nobel Price, Placedo Flamingo, Forgetful Jones, Clementine, and Buster. The next table has characters who were major throughout the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, including Guy Smiley, Biff, Sully, Simon Soundman, Gladys the Cow, The Amazing Mumford, Sherlock Hemlock, Watson (I know he was only around during the early 1990s, but he was Sherlock's assistant), Little Chrissy, and the alphabeats. Next to that table is a table of characters who were mostly just around during the 1990s, including Benny, Sherry Neverland, Ingrid, Humphrey, Natasha, Joey Monkey, Davey Monkey, Merry Monster, Roxie Marie, and Kingston Livingston III.

Behind that table is a table of characters who were mostly just popular during the 1970s and earlier, including Lefty, Herbert Birdsfoot, Roosevelt Franklin, Roosevelt Franklin's mother, Farley, Professor Hastings, Little Bird, and The Mudman. Beside that table is a table of Roosevelt Franklin's friends: Hard Head Henry Harris, Smart Tina, Baby Bree Boo Bop A Doo, Suzetta, and Same Sound Brown. Next to that table is a number of characters who were only around for a very short period of time: Tito, J.P., Meryl Sheep, Tough Eddie, Sinister Sam, Sonny Friendly, Granny Fannie Nestlerode, Rodeo Rosie, and Ferlingetti Donizetti. Beside that is a table of Honkers, and thena table of dingers and martians.

Behind that is a table with Google, Narf, Mel, and Phoebe. Then there's a table with Mother Chairbird and some of the other members of the Feathered Friends. Then there's a table with Sam the Robot, The Elephant, Bip Bipodotta, and some chickens, penguins, and ducks. The next table has Fred the Wonder Horse, the black and white cow, How Now Brown Cow, and Dimples the Dog. And then there's a table with Little Jerry, Big Jeffy, Chrissy, and Rockin Richard. Finally, there's a table with the Muppets from SVU: Special Letters Unit, Colambo, FilFil, and Fat Blue.

And to the left of that area is an area for Muppets from the various international versions of Sesame Street, but I don't know very many of those characters well, especially not by name, so I probably won't make a seating chart for them (maybe I can study them at Muppet Wki and make a chart later). Oh yeah, and in case you couldn't tell, at the end of a listed row, I list the next row in the opposite direction from left to right.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Ooh, party planning with muppets! I love it! There was a muppet dinner party thread in classic muppets, but this is somewhat different.

Hmmm, I don't know. Do you really think it would be a good idea to put Janice next to Animal?
:wink:
:flirt:
:halo:
Perhaps Janice should sit on the other side of Floyd?

I'll do mine later.
I was going to put Animal next to Floyd, but then decided to do something a little bit different from the obvious (then again, if I really wanted it to be different from what's obvious I wouldn't have grouped the characters by production and other simiarities). It's probably better than having Animal between Floyd and Janice.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, it just seems more friendly and realistic to put them in a different order, rather than production. I think I would put Seamore, Pepe, Rizo and Gonzo together, since it seems like the latter three all hang out together. Oh, and of course Camila would be beside Gonzo, with probly Rizo on the other side, Pepe beside him, and Seamore beside Pepe on the far left. Just the way I picture it is all.
:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And now, the side where the Muppets who are owned by The Jim Henson Company get to sit:

It is on the right of the Disney-owned Muppets. In the front row, from left to right, we get our first table featuring Sam, Harry, Omar, Professor Madcliffe, Yorrick, Henrietta, Icky Gunk, and Moldy Hay (okay, I don't really know whether these characters ar eowned by Henson or Disney). Next to that table is Wilkins, Wontkins, Scoop, Skip, Mert, Southern Colonal, Mac, and Fred (from the Munchos commercials). Next to that table is the cast of Late Night with Augie and Del: Augie, Del, and the monkey band members. And then a big table with Puppet Up! characters, including the ***** Aliens, Professor Ape, the Hot Dogs, and a few others (I don't actually know their names). Next to them is a table with the cast of Animal Jam (who I also don't know the names of).

The table behind that is a table with Stinky, Jake, Armstrong, Yves St. La Roache, and another character from The Animal Show (I don't know her name, but I think she's a bear). And then we get to some Fraggle Rock tables. The first one has Cantus, Murray, Brio, Brool, and Basalm. And then we have a table with some supporting Fraggles: Marlon, Morris, Large Marvin, Feeny, Felix, and The Storyteler. And then there's a table with the main characters: Gobo, Mokey, Wembly, Red, Boober, Traveling Matt, and Sprocket.

Behind them, there's a tabel with Philo, Gunge, and several Doozers on the table. These doozers include Cotterpin, Flange, Wignut, Wretch, The Architect, and soem unnamed Doozers. Next to that is a table with Wander McMooch, Aretha, Convincing John, and the Fragglettes. Next to that table is The Worlds Oldest Fraggle, Hency, and some random Fraggles.

Behind them is a table with King Ploobis, Scred, Vash, Peuta, Wisss, and The Mighty Fuvog. Then there's a table with Emmett Otter, Ma Otter, Harvey, Charlie, Wendell, and Heidi Muskrat. The next table has Harrison Fox, Gretchen Fox, Doc Bullfrog, and Will Possum. The next table has Chuck, the Snake, the weasle, the pop-eyed catfish, and the lizard.

The table behind them has Delbert the La Choy Dragon (again, I don't really know who owns him), Bad Andy, Elliot Shag, Artie, Bruno, Bowser (or was it Browser?), and both of Elliot's love interests. The next table has the cast of The Ghost of Faffner Hall (I don't know everybody's names). And then there's a table with Mother Goose and her three goslins. Finally, the next table has the cast of Song of the Cloudforrest.

And that completes my seating chart (at least until I get off my butt and learn the names and identities of the variosu international Sesame Street characters).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Like in the 30th anniversary special, some characters couldn't make it. Why not, you ask? Well, here are why some characters couldn't make it...

Blind Pew -- Too blind to know how to get there.

Angel Marie -- Locked himself in a mailbox.

Mt. Rushmore -- Couldn't move from it's spot.

All of the Muppet Foods -- Just don't look in the refridgerator or stove at the event.

The Houses -- They had trouble getting up and walking to the event.

Ernest Pleth -- His car broke down and he missed the only bus to the event.

The Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Jerry Nelson Muppets -- they had a gig up west.

Marvin Suggs and his Muppaphone -- They also had a gig that coincided with the event.

Don Music -- while writing some songs for a big gig he was scheduled to perform at Carnegie Hall (scheduled a week after this event), he started banging his head on the piano harder than usual, and had to go to the hospital (he's still alive and okay, but he'll also have to miss his gig).

Snokey Bloir -- He had to audition for a new game show.

The cast of Pigs in Space: Deep Dish Nine -- with the exception of Miss Piggy, they had to go ona space voyage.

T.R. Rooster and Leroy the Donkey -- It was their shift to watch over the house to wait for the "family" to return.

King Rupert -- He had to rule his kingdom.

Featherstone -- He had to assist King Rupert in rulling the kingdom.

The Wolf from Muppet Classic Theater -- He decided to blow down the pigs houses late at night, but the brick house was so strong that he blew himself into prision.

The Wolf from Sesame Street (the purple one): He had to work a night shift guarding sheep.

The Sheep -- They had to be protected.

Oscar's pets (besides Slimey) -- They decided that they would rather go swimming in Oscar's pool.

Stinky the Stinkweed -- Oscar's pets invited him over to swim.

Pa, Ma, and Junior Gorg -- They were too big to fit in the Fraggle hole and come.

Marjourie the Trash Heap -- She couldn't walk on her own,a nd although Philo, Gunge, and the Fraggles tried to help, she was too heavy for them all to carry.

The casts of The Christmas Toy and Secret Life of Toys -- If they moved on their own to the event, they would be frozen forever.

The cast of The Wubbulous World of Dr. Seuss -- The lawyers of Dr. Seusses estate refused to let them come, instead sending them to the Universal offices to approve of new unneccessary live-action movies. Yertle the Turtle wants his movie to last more than three hours, Horton can't decide whetehr Horton Hatches the Egg should come before or after Horton Hears a Who, and Cats A, B, and C are in favor of movie versions of Dr. Seusses ABC's, I Can Read with My Eyes Shut, and Hop on Pop.

Boo, Molly, and Tug Monster -- Unaware that Little Mupet Monsters was cancled after only two epsidoes, they were down in the basement working on another show.

All characters created for Muppet Time -- They all got caught in an unusual time warp.

Taminella Grinderfall -- She accidently cast a spell on herself, which trapped her in a force field.

Elizabeth and Little Murray Sparkles -- Elizabeth was grounded by her parents, and Little Murray Sparkles didn't want to go alone.

Chip and Dip -- They had a gig at Birdland.

Howard Pudman and Carter -- Howard was so busy counting his money that he didn't read his mail until after the event, and therefore he didn't see his invitation. And Carter didn't know that he got an invitation delivered at Howard's address.

Harvey, Maurice, Bruce, and other Sesame Stree Monsters not mentioned -- They all ate their invitations.

Harvey Kneeslapper -- He had poor postal service and didn't get his invitation until after the event (could Grover have been his mail carrier?).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder, if Kermit decided to take all of his friends out to dinner, would he have to rent out an entire resturaunt (of course, if Grover works at that resturaunt, maybe Grover could help arrange a good deal with the resturaunt)? And if Kermit invited all of his friends, would that also include all of the real-life celebrities and (non-Henson) fictional characters that he knows?

It might be more friendly to not just group by production, but then would it be logical for many characters to be seated with characters that they most likely don't know very well? It would be logical for characters who are best friends (or possibly relatives) to sit togetehr, but would it be good to have areas for characters who are the same animal or have similar jobs or hobbies or whatever? Would it be good to have, for example, an area for all of the Muppet scientists, an area for the Muppet senior citizens, ana rea for all Muppet children, an area for show buisness types, and so on?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I wonder, if Kermit decided to take all of his friends out to dinner, would he have to rent out an entire resturaunt (of course, if Grover works at that resturaunt, maybe Grover could help arrange a good deal with the resturaunt)? And if Kermit invited all of his friends, would that also include all of the real-life celebrities and (non-Henson) fictional characters that he knows?
I could imagine Kermit saying something like, "I am Kermit the Frog, party of approximately 2, 345". Or "I'm Kermit the Frog, party of too many to actually count".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
At such a dinner party, I guess that Grover would actually serve the food instead of eat with everybody, and The Swedish Chef would probably cook the food.