Your longest running hobby?

beaker

Reaction score
I was wondering what you're longest running hobby/hobbies have been?

It's funny, but I have some of the same main hobbies as I did when I was little. The internet has made it handy so I can finally find others into the same stuff, as well as buy the stuff online.

When I was little my main hobbies as far as collecting/watching was Muppets, anime, Star Wars, video games, and comic books.
A little over two decades later, I still have all those main passions, except for Star Wars(which started to wane a few years ago) It's just kind of amusing to sit back and realize youve had the same passions you did way back when.

Is there any hobbies that surprise you that have stuck aroudn so long? What are some newer ones for you? The only hobby I have now that I wasnt really into when I was little is music I think, even movies I was really into back then.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
As far as collecting things goes: Muppets. I don't really COLLECT too much stuff from other things. Cost too much to keep up with the Muppets as it is! Though, I used to collect alot of Star Trek stuff.

My current hobbies (almost wrote Hoobies. Ha!): Puppet building, film making, writing (but, only so I can make movies), drawing, and, I've started getting into painting.

Other things of note: Hanging out with my friends, and, I hope to get pretty good at driving soon.

I'm sure there's other things I'm into. I'm just really tired right now. :smile:

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hrrrm.

Interesting.

My big ones that haven't changed a ho lot since I was about five are Sesame Street/Muppets, Star Wars, reading, and drawing. Other things have come and gone, but those things have been pretty constant. Throw in SuperFriends, I guess. And Fisher Price Little People--but that was something that went away until I was twenty-something, and then I woke up and started collecting them again.

:halo:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah. I used to be really into Legos. I was thinking about starting up a Lego collection again, but, I never did.

Maybe I will someday.

Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
Yeah. I used to be really into Legos. I was thinking about starting up a Lego collection again, but, I never did.

Maybe I will someday.
I didn't own a single Lego until I was 14 years old. Late bloomer. But once I started, I never went back. Looking forward to getting Jabba's Palace this month!

But since I didn't get onboard the Lego train till I was a teenager, I didn't count that one.

I heart Legos.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnn

Joggy

Reaction score
Muppet Fandom - have been a fan all my life. Somehow that never surprised me, although thinking about what it brought me makes me realise what a big influence the Muppets have had on my life. I've met so many wonderful Muppetfans. I've been inside the Henson Townhouse in New York. I've started a one man puppetry company, and the Muppets inspired me to do more with theatre. And of course, most of my English comes from the Muppets.

Theatre and music - Like I said, it comes from the Muppets. As a kid I loved to fool around in school plays. I started piano lessons when I was eight, but I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I do now. And I didn't start singing till about three years ago. Right now I'm at the point of making my own one man show... I'd never thunka dat years ago!

PVC Collecting - one hobby I stopped. It got too much. Smurfs, Disney, cartoons I never knew existed... where would it stop? So I decided to focus on Muppets. My enormous PVC collection is still in my room though. It's in boxes, and I wouldn't dare to sell them. Maybe when I can't afford any more Palisades exclusives.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Drawing, of course! I've been drawing since I was 7. When I was young I was partially inspired by both the newspaper comics I read (inc. Garfield, Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, etc.) and by the Play-Along video "Wow, You're A Cartoonist!".

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Cartooning is the one that managed to stick. I allways used to do little doodles, and I was ten when I made it a career choice and even started thinking up my own characters.

I did like the Muppets as a kid, but It wasn't until about two years ago that I would have considered it a 'hobby'.

Crazy:crazy:Chris

King Prawn

Reaction score
Well my hobbies are simple Muppet & Writing and to save time I combine them both and just Write Muppet Movie's.

I'm also alot into collecting DVD's & Anything Muppet related, Writing as I mentioned above and going to the Beach, i spend half a year going to the beach, i start in early April and stop late September and i'm still extremley white.