1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your movie-watching habits

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by That Announcer, Aug 12, 2005.

1. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

Admit it, we've all got weird things that we do while watching movies. So, what are your odd habits?

I only have two. One is rather tame: I have to eat M & Ms while watching a movie. The other is kinda funny, but it only works when I'm watching the movie with my mother. We've devised a system of four names that you can fit to anyone within a movie based on all the "MacGyver" we've been watching. Three, I can't say here, but here's a link to them on the Rio Grande. One that I can mention here is "dirty Commie", which we end up using an awful lot. Follow the link to see the others we use, and how they ended up fitting into "Aladdin".
  2. luvtosr

luvtosr New Member

That's kinda odd.:)

I don't think I have any strange movie-watching habits, except in recent years i seem to spend an awful lot of my time taking things off the fella because he is constantly fiddling and it's sort of distracting.
  3. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

a lot of people have to watch movies with the lights off, so do I if I'm just watching a movie, but usually when I'm watching a movie, I'm also doing something so I have to have the light on
  4. homerthegreat

homerthegreat Member

I usually start rubbing the remote on my arm or leg. One time, I looked at the remote after watching a movie and all the writing on the buttons had worn off!
  5. luvtosr

luvtosr New Member

I have now been told that I do have one, apparently very annoying, habit when I'm watching a movie. For the first half of the film I'll keep nudging the fella and asking him to turn the volume up a bit then I'll suddenly start complaining that it's too loud so he turns it down again but then I'll start asking for it turning up...just a little bit more.

Oh, and I absolutely have to have a light on because it hurts my eyes otherwise.
  6. Effralyo

Effralyo Active Member

I usually never let my small plastic Getafix and Dumbledore go out of my hands while watching any movie or toon. They both are my stress-relievers. I adore to stroke kingsize beards! ;)
  7. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Me, I have to shut all the doors of teh room. I cannot watch a movie with the door open.

Then I have to make the room as dark as I can, only Then I can watch a movie.
  8. That Announcer

Actually, I'm the same way there. I've been doing it for so long that I don't think of it as a weird habit anymore! :)
  9. Gonzo14

I have to be reclined or laying down to watch a movie
  10. Harvey Towers

Harvey Towers Active Member

Doesn't that cause trouble in cinemas?
  11. That Announcer

Apparently some US cinemas have reclining seats. This would be a great boon where I come from, as our cinema seats are essentially the equivalent of a piece of stone with two pencils for armrests.
  12. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

When I'm at the theater, I usually whine like a baby just to make people mad and think there's a baby in the theater.

ryan
  13. Gonzo14

Usually I can slouch in theatres, so It's not a big deal, but speaking of causing trouble in cinemas, Me and some friends went to see a movie and we were the only ones in the theatre so we played tag in the theatre
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I always wanted to go to a Cinema and cheer, sob, yell, clap, etc along with the movie. But I've never been brave enough to do it.
  15. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Active Member

I also like to throw popcorn at random people in the theater when the lights are dark. I also like to throw boomarang fish at them and see what they say too......

ryan
  16. Gonzo14

I once went up to a random man in a theatre and told him he'd one a secret prize and gave him a tic tac box, he looked really confused :confused: