1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Muppet mistakes

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by bingboingcutie, Jan 19, 2011.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Ohhh right, yeah, my parents never bought those, lol.

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Hey, if you want a Pepsi, pal, you pay for it!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  3. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

:laugh:

4. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

I don't really have any muppet mistakes, unfortunately. I watched sesame street but I was too little at the time to remember much, and I wasn't really exposed to muppets until a few years ago.

However, a while back, before I really got into the muppets, I watched a youtube video comparing muppet voices, and one of the videos showed how Gonzo's voice changed over the years despite being played by the same guy and I thought "Wow, this guy must be a jerk, cuz he thinks he can get away with changing the character's voice just because he's always played him." I have no idea why I thought that. I'm not even sure how old I was when I first saw the video, lol.

Also, does it count if I thought the Bunny Picnic was the best thing ever when I was in first grade? :p

5. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Well, I think initially it was intentional (not unlike the way Mel Blanc changed Barney Rubble's voice towards the end of the first season). Since Gonzo was originally a depressed type character, but after the first season Dave decided to give him more energy and I guess some time later Dave decided to give him a more energetic type of voice. But in recent years I think the change was more of Dave getting older and not being able to perform the same raspy voice for the character that he used to. Just thought I'd share.

I've noticed the same for Bunsen Honeydew who was also voiced by Goelz. I notice a difference in how he sounded on The Muppet Show than how he sounded in the recent movies, but that change wasn't quite as noticeable.