1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Muppet mistakes

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by bingboingcutie, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Walter

Walter Active Member

Wow, Muppet Mistakes..hmm

For one thing, I also used to call janice lips..you know, cuz her lips are her biggest feature..:flirt:
    And I apologize to Dave Goelz for almost always pronouncing it Go-lez..-sigh- I need a muppet grammar teacher..:o
    And this one is kinda meh, but I used to call "Mahna Mahna" maw-namaw-na:batty:
    bingboingcutie likes this.
  2. JackMonster

JackMonster New Member

At a young age I always used to watch Wayne's World. Like over and over again. So I always referred to Wayne & Wanda as Wayne and Cassandra
  3. Emilia

Emilia New Member

Well if we're talking Muppet Mistakes then I do have a confession. I did call Fozzie 'Fonzie' or 'Fuzzy' a few times, because I couldn't say his name properly.

I also didn't know the names of Waldorf and Statler until I was eleven or twelve.
  4. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

For a long time, I thought the ending promo for the Muppet Playhouse Video releases showed a clip from the sketch where The Swedish Chef makes pancakes. But I recently found the promo on YouTube, and it's actually from the bagel sketch (though both sketches DO appear in the Muppet Treasures video).

Thinking back, I can think of a string of related mistakes. I first saw some of the Playhouse videos (and therefore the promo at the end) before I saw any actual episodes of The Muppet Show. When I first saw the Rita Moreno episode, I thought the pancakes sketch was what was in the trailer, and thought it was weird that several pancakes fell off the ceilling instead of one, but maybe thought I'd misremembered (and back when I saw the promo I thought it was a pancake that the chef shot down). Then I read The Muppet Show Book, which has the bagel sketch, but thought it was supposed to be the pancakes one, with the book changing it slightly to look like The Swedish Chef made doughnuts out of pancakes.
  5. bingboingcutie

bingboingcutie Active Member

I did too, reading the songs listed on the album Platinum Too. I thought, "MAH-na MAH-na? Now what kind of song is that???"
    Emilia likes this.
  6. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Wait...

How DO you pronounce Goelz?
  7. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I can't remember how old I was when I first saw the TMS episode with Carol Channing. At the end of the episode, Miss Piggy is wearing jewelry from her duet with Carol ("Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend"), and Kermit explains that the jewelry is rented and has to go back. Piggy begs to keep just one diamond, and after Kermit agrees, she lifts up her hand and says "This one!" Carol gets all excited and points out that it's an engagement ring. My confusion at the time came from the fact that Piggy looked like she was pointing to her ear, or somewhere else on her head, when all she was doing was lifting her hand in the air.
  8. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I always pronounced it "Goals". XD
  9. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

My muppet mistakes?

I called Kermit, "Kermie", because I did not know how to say, "Ker-mit," I pronounced "Gobo" as in "go-boo," I even couldn't say "Mahna Mahna" right. I procounced it as "mah-nam-ma-na." Honestly, I even pronounced as "goal-lez." Eeeek! All right, that is all the Muppet mistakes I made when I was younger, except I still always pronounce Dave's last name wrong.
  10. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

So that's not how it's pronounced? :o
  11. muppetfan24/7

Absolutely not! What is it supposed to be pronounced as?
  12. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

I DID THE SAME THING WITH DAVE GOLEZ's NAME!
    Heh heh, sorry. I've just been waiting for someone to bring that up. :)
  13. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

It could be pronounced that way. If you don't know how to pronounce it yourself, then why get mad at someone else? :p
  14. muppetfan24/7

All right, I won't stay mad. (sigh) I know it's spelled g-o-l-e-z. I also pronounce it as -goals." I could be wrong though.
  15. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

On a muppets red and green christmas, when kermit and piggy are singing the overlapping parts, I used to think Kermit was saying "Green Christmas crapping on the floor". :o
  16. I used to often confuse puppeteer names, embarrassingly enough (as in, would accidentally list Scooter as a Jerry Nelson character, or The Count was a Frank Oz character). Mind you, this was when I just starting to learn the guys' names. :p
    I still misspell Fozzie here and there (as Fozzy). -groans-
  17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that's how it is.
  18. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I was just kidding with you, by the way. I've always pronounced it "goals".
  19. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

It is actually spelled Goelz, as one person above seems to have spelled it wrong. And I also have always pronounced it "goals," mainly because that's how I heard Brian Henson pronounce it in a time when I didn't know how to say it. Before that I had called him "go-ells"
  20. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I just found out that Jefferson Airplane DID NOT play the music on the Jazzy Spies cartoons from the early days of Sesame Street. I had always thought that, since vocalist Grace Slick was with JA at the time. I found a Muppet Wiki link stating the real names of the Jazzy Spies musicians:
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Jazz_(song_series)

Also, I will throw my hat into the "mispronouncing Dave Goelz's name" ring. As a kid, I said Go-Lez :concern:! :oops:. For years, I was kind of :confused: about how to say his name, and now that I look back, it wasn't very :cool: on my behalf. :sigh:...
    (note who's in the smilies...)
    muppetfan24/7 likes this.