Your Muppet Questions

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
John Cleese did not spoof Fawlty Towers in his own episode. Go to kermitage.com for a full decription of this episode - and all the others!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Okay, I've got a question that popped in my head.
In a TMS skit featuring the Muppet Glee Club (season one, but I forget the special guest), the glee club decides on singing "Temptation". Now Kermit says: "Piggy, Honey? You sing the chorus." Now I know Richard did Piggy mostly in the begining, but it sounded like Frank's voice when the response came in the positive, but when the solo was sung, it was clearly Richard (and a little too manly at times as well). So my question is: Did Frank pass up singing roles toward Muppeteers with better singing voices in the begining? Or was what I heard all Richard doing a very good job of Frank's voice in the dialogue?
well, according to the episode guides here at MC, it's probably Frank doing the vocals, with Richard's singing added in later. If I remember what I read right.
So basically yeah, at first Frank wasn't very confident about singing. That definately changed though.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Oh yeah. Frank was convinced he wasn't a good singer in the first season, a thought which was finally pried out of his head towards the end of the same season. I don't know why he would think this, as he is one of the better Muppet singers- Jerry's the best!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Ah, I see... and thank you! Last year I started a similar thread and didn't get all my answers, so I'll repost them here:

Vic Romano said:
I consider myself a fairly avid fan, but I have to admit, I have some questions I'm a bit ashamed to ask, so I thought, let's start a thread where we can come to terms with our fears and lay it out on the table, so here we go, can you answer these character questions... without mocking me?

Despite his name, I don't think Animal is an animal, is he from the monster family as is Grover, Dog-Lion, Herry, Sweetums, Cookie, Elmo, Frazzle, etc.?

Scooter, Dr. Teeth, Floyd Pepper, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Lew Zealand, Bunsen, Beaker, Crazy Harry... they're all "human" Muppets... right?

And finally, for now, aside from Kermit, I have never seen any species of frog that has a collar, it just wouldn't be Kermit without it, but where'd the idea for it come from?

That Announcer

Reaction score
Vic:

1) According to the Kermitage character guide, "(The EM) doesn't know where Animal came from and prefers not to ask." So perhaps he was built from a monster, but is actually related to Gonzo. Now THAT would make an interesting movie- "The Muppet Family", you know?

2) Yes indeedy! I always thought Lew Zealand looked a bit like Ernie with a mustache and a clown suit.

3) I have no idea where the collar came from. I can tell you this much: No one appearance of Kermit on Ed Sullivan had him with the collar, so it had to probably be somewhere between '72 and '75 that the collar came up. I can make a guess on the year, but not why it happened.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Well I know that Kermit was originally more lizard then frog. He was some type of reptile/amphibian, but I'm not sure they knew either.