1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Opinions: Should Kermit Perform on Dancing With the Stars?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GuySmileyfan, Aug 5, 2014.

1. GuySmileyfan

GuySmileyfan Active Member

Hey everybody,

I remember the last interview with Kermit the Frog and Tom Bergeron last month about next season's Dancing With the Stars. And Tom wants to see Kermit to be on that show.

http://geeknation.com/videos/exclusive-a-capitol-fourth-interview-with-tom-bergeron-and-kermit/

http://www.katu.com/amnw/segments/Tom-Bergeron-and-Kermit-the-Frog-265571761.html

Kermit says he would love to do a special dance number like Happy Feet, just not to compete. I would love to see Kermit doing a dance number on DWTS. What do you think?

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  2. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

Though I have loved the show, I slowly losing interest in it, but if Kermit is able to be on the show, then it would be the only reason I'd watch the show.

3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

He'd make for a more interesting host than Tom Bergeron, that's for sure. But it's the kind of show I could see Kermit or other Muppets making a guest appearance on, lots of opportunity for interaction with the hosts and judges.

4. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Don't even really like that show so this opinion might be biased. Nevertheless, it seems like putting him on the show would mean a full-body Kermit, because there's no way, the Kermit hand puppet can dance with a human in a zoomed shot, they'd have to CGI it!

5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

If Kermit were to do 'Happy Feet' there's no reason why they couldn't have the puppeteers up against a blue screen and then have the set added in post production for the episode.

6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I would love that

JimAndFrank likes this.
  7. Muppet Master

It's just too much of a hassle. That show's meant for a dancing competitiion, not wasting time on blue screens and all that. The judges would also be biased and let Kermit advance (or vice-versa), because he's Kermit.

8. GuySmileyfan

Well, I would like to see Kermit revisit Happy Feet, because I think he's a great tap dancer. One thing that got me disappointed that he said that he's not a great dancer. I think he's a great dancer.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  9. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I'd just like to correct my earlier post:

This would happen only as a special guest-host kind of situation. There is no way Kermit could actually compete. They might as well just have Steve competing even though the viewers would have to be constantly reminded of who he is. Plus, I doubt Steve would do it in the first place.

Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  10. GuySmileyfan

I think that's what I'm trying to say. I hope he makes another special guest appearance and do a special dance number with probably Happy Feet. i just couldn't imagine why he didn't think himself as a dancer. I mean, webbed feet is one thing, but I think he's a great dancer.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Id love to see a kermit/Steve version of happy feet! :)

JimAndFrank likes this.
  12. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Some people here seem to be confused... Kermit wound not be a recurring "star'... he would be a one time guest. So there is no problem for them to shoot something with blue screen. It would be pretty cool to see. I somehow see Piggy also being a guest, though, with both of them dancing together.

galagr likes this.
  13. Muppet Master

Wait, that is what you guys mean? If so, they have already done that, and not with just Kermit, but a lot of the muppets to promote TM on Blu-Ray, so ya it has been done a while back.

14. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

What would be really cool if a Muppeteer or someone involved with the Muppets/JHC was a contestant.