1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your OTHER Name...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fozzie Bear, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

My name is Kevin.

KEVIN!!

How do people get "Keith" (while not a bad name) out of Kevin. At work, folks call all the time for "Keith." I say, "No, Keith works here." They say, "You're the one I talked to earlier. What's your name?" I say, "Kevin." They say, "Yeah, you're it."

So, now, not only does my name change, suddenly I'm "it."

Gee, thanks.

What names do you get called when folks mess it up.

FOZ

(Ps,
    I won't list the other names people call me...) :eek:
  2. Boober_Baby New Member

Hello, my name is Deborah and I'm an alcoholic.

But seriously folks!

Generally people always shorten my name to "Debbie" which really ****** me off cuz I HATE that name! >< It either sounds like an annoying 3 year old with a runny nose or a skanky cheerleader... and I don't like either. So if someone calls me "Debbie" I proceed to punch them in the face.

And I swear, if anyone comes on here and says "But my mom's name is Debbie!" I will not care. I hate it when people do that as if automatically that's gonna change my opinion on the name... it's a stupid name!

But other then shortening of it, I get Brenda A LOT! People mistake my name for Brenda ALL the time... I don't even know how.

^_^ Debo
  3. Manda:-D New Member

Since we're on this subject....DO NOT CALL ME "MANDY"!!!!!!! It makes me VERY ANGRY. You do want to see me VERY ANGRY. :mad: :grouchy:
    .....This lady called me "Amy", once. For FIFTEEN MINUTES this woman kept calling me "Amy"!!!! I'd correct her, she'd say, "Oh, OK", and then start right back up w/the "Amy" thing again a minute later!!!!! Grrrrrrr......
    And people are ALWAYS confusing me w/my big sister, so I guess you could say my other name's "Christina." I don't get it....I mean, yeah, we look a heck of a lot alike, except for that whole fact that I'm 6 inches shorter and about 10 pounds heavier....(I'm a lil' chubby, and my sister's skinny as a rail.) It's not THAT hard to tell us apart!!!!!! Grrrrrrr...... :mad: :grouchy:
  4. Jackie New Member

Don't spell my name Jacquline!!!! It's JACLYN!! Is that so hard? LOL!! I am enjoying this thread.
  5. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Update:

I was just called by a customer who requested "Montgomery."

'There isn't a montgomery that works in this office sir.'

"Well, it's YOUR voice. You're him."

:eek:

'Trust me, sir. I've been me for 30 years, and I'm definitely not 'Montgomery."

"Who are you then?"

:attitude: "Kevin!"

'Yeah, you're him, then.'

:mad:
  6. electricmayhem New Member

Oh man, PERFECT thread!! Ok, so my name is Kristin. That's what I like to be called...that's ALL I like to be called. So that does not include "Kristy" as my neighbor has called me since I was born. That does not include "Kristine" as my bus driver called me since kindergarten. That DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT include "Kris" as my tennis coach called me ALL THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL and that my friends now call me when they want to make me mad!
    So to sum up...KRISTIN is the only acceptable name!! And please please please spell it right! With and "I", not and "E", as a great majority of people in my class could not seem to grasp the "I" concept even after we'd been in school together for 12 years!:mad: :smirk: :attitude:
  7. Luke Active Member

I don't like being called 'Lukester' all that much - i had a job at a tabloid newspaper long time ago and the BIG boss who must be obeyed always called me 'Lukester' when i saw him in the lift or he wanted something. I couldn't really say anything about it cos thats not the done thing with people that important.
  8. Crazy Harry New Member

People keep adding an S to the end of my last name (I'm not goin to tell what it is). This might not sound as bad as what everyone else is telling. But when over twenty people make the same mistake, it starts to become a pet peeve.

Crazy:crazy:Chris
  9. Manda:-D New Member

Oh, last names.....Grrrrrrr.....See, my last name's Italian, and it's not really all that hard to pronounce, but for some reason, PEOPLE ALWAYS GET IT WRONG!!!!!!! Grrrrrr.... :mad: :grouchy:
  10. Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

People always stick an "h" in my last name. There is no H!!!!! :mad:
    Erin
  11. puppets_etc Member

:boo:
    So what does that make me? I'm well over 25, and a mom. :confused:

I refuse to answer to DEBRA because that's what my mom called me when I was in deep ----. (or my dad was being butt and called me De Bra!:mad: ) I was Debi until there were too many of us in the same office, and proceeded to shorten it to Deb.

Yours Proudly and Truely:flirt:,

DEB
  12. Boober_Baby New Member

Boo to you too! You stole my name!

Well, theoretically you could say I stole your name since I'm younger, but... but still! You stole my name, dude!

I'm just kidding... hmmm... maybe if we get a few more Deb's on here we can take over the board!

And I'll be your glorious leader, Debo! (Y'see, the 'o' makes me special) XP

^_^ Deb-O!
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

On the same note, I do have pet names from friends and family.

As a kid, my uncle called me Luigi for some reason.

Nowadays, I get called "Kev" or "Muley" and, because I thought it was funny to sign my email that way one day, I get called "Kevmodee." No problems here, though, except I'm not italian, and Muley is a seperate identity than me.

Folks just like Muley better.
  14. sarah_yzma Active Member

I wonder why?:confused:...:)

Sarah
  15. Fozzie Bear Moderator

*Picks nose*

I dunno.

*Burp*
    *Fart*
  16. scarecroe Active Member

I never really liked being called Scotty by my family. Strangely enough, no one ever called me Scooter. After I saw Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo, I thought Scottie was cool, but only it you spell it with the ie.

But whatever you do, don't EVER call me Shpaenklemeustghauf!
  17. I am not Brian.

:grouchy:

Unlike Debo, nothin' against the name, and I ain't gonna go so far as to flame it. :p But I hate bein' called that---now, I understand, Byron isn't that common a name today, and if someone meets me new and says "Brian", and iffin' I correct 'em and they profusely apologize, that's okay.

But if they've known me for YEARS and still do it time to time, that's kind of annyoin'.

Or worse, if they're lookin' at my name in WRITING and still butcher it!!

"You idiot, can you not READ?!?! Don't just assume it's a word contained in your li'l vocabulary, open your mind and try to expand your 'brain'!"

:grouchy:

*still smartin' after "the incident" durin' his big moment at college graduation*

:mad:
  18. puppets_etc Member

Aww, I think Shpaenkie is a cute name!:flirt:

Deb;)

PS I agree that we DEB people should indeed try a take over (unHostile:halo: of course!)
  19. camilla New Member

A subject close to my heart. i hate being called Sara. i really hate it. I need the h on my name to be me.

Camilla ( aka sarah not Sara)
  20. SgtPepper New Member

My name... is Chris.

But since that name is so common people normaly call me by my last name Sisson (sis-sun) not Siy-Sun or Sissums or Scissors or See-Zon. sis-sun!!!!

Ohh and my full name obviously is Christopher but on all my school papers it reads "Christoph" so I get called Christoph alot. and then you have the nick names: Christopher Columbos, Christopher Robin, etc....

now sometimes they call me Pig-Pen. Not cause I'm dirty, just cause I played him in youre a good man charlie brown.