Your OTHER Name...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My name is Kevin.

KEVIN!!

How do people get "Keith" (while not a bad name) out of Kevin. At work, folks call all the time for "Keith." I say, "No, Keith works here." They say, "You're the one I talked to earlier. What's your name?" I say, "Kevin." They say, "Yeah, you're it."

So, now, not only does my name change, suddenly I'm "it."

Gee, thanks.

What names do you get called when folks mess it up.

FOZ

(Ps,
I won't list the other names people call me...) :eek:

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Deborah and I'm an alcoholic.

But seriously folks!

Generally people always shorten my name to "Debbie" which really ****** me off cuz I HATE that name! >< It either sounds like an annoying 3 year old with a runny nose or a skanky cheerleader... and I don't like either. So if someone calls me "Debbie" I proceed to punch them in the face.

And I swear, if anyone comes on here and says "But my mom's name is Debbie!" I will not care. I hate it when people do that as if automatically that's gonna change my opinion on the name... it's a stupid name!

But other then shortening of it, I get Brenda A LOT! People mistake my name for Brenda ALL the time... I don't even know how.

^_^ Debo

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Since we're on this subject....DO NOT CALL ME "MANDY"!!!!!!! It makes me VERY ANGRY. You do want to see me VERY ANGRY. :mad: :grouchy:
.....This lady called me "Amy", once. For FIFTEEN MINUTES this woman kept calling me "Amy"!!!! I'd correct her, she'd say, "Oh, OK", and then start right back up w/the "Amy" thing again a minute later!!!!! Grrrrrrr......
And people are ALWAYS confusing me w/my big sister, so I guess you could say my other name's "Christina." I don't get it....I mean, yeah, we look a heck of a lot alike, except for that whole fact that I'm 6 inches shorter and about 10 pounds heavier....(I'm a lil' chubby, and my sister's skinny as a rail.) It's not THAT hard to tell us apart!!!!!! Grrrrrrr...... :mad: :grouchy:

Jackie

Reaction score
Don't spell my name Jacquline!!!! It's JACLYN!! Is that so hard? LOL!! I am enjoying this thread.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Update:

I was just called by a customer who requested "Montgomery."

'There isn't a montgomery that works in this office sir.'

"Well, it's YOUR voice. You're him."

:eek:

'Trust me, sir. I've been me for 30 years, and I'm definitely not 'Montgomery."

"Who are you then?"

:attitude: "Kevin!"

'Yeah, you're him, then.'

:mad:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Oh man, PERFECT thread!! Ok, so my name is Kristin. That's what I like to be called...that's ALL I like to be called. So that does not include "Kristy" as my neighbor has called me since I was born. That does not include "Kristine" as my bus driver called me since kindergarten. That DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT include "Kris" as my tennis coach called me ALL THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL and that my friends now call me when they want to make me mad!
So to sum up...KRISTIN is the only acceptable name!! And please please please spell it right! With and "I", not and "E", as a great majority of people in my class could not seem to grasp the "I" concept even after we'd been in school together for 12 years!:mad: :smirk: :attitude:

Luke

Reaction score
I don't like being called 'Lukester' all that much - i had a job at a tabloid newspaper long time ago and the BIG boss who must be obeyed always called me 'Lukester' when i saw him in the lift or he wanted something. I couldn't really say anything about it cos thats not the done thing with people that important.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
People keep adding an S to the end of my last name (I'm not goin to tell what it is). This might not sound as bad as what everyone else is telling. But when over twenty people make the same mistake, it starts to become a pet peeve.

Crazy:crazy:Chris

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Oh, last names.....Grrrrrrr.....See, my last name's Italian, and it's not really all that hard to pronounce, but for some reason, PEOPLE ALWAYS GET IT WRONG!!!!!!! Grrrrrr.... :mad: :grouchy: