Your Picks for Palisades Series 8

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
So it's been said that Palisades visits this website often enough...and I have seen (in my two days as a member) much speculation about who will be in upcoming sets. Here's my idea. We could start this just for fun and bragging rights, but how about we all put in ONE lineup (in our own opinions) stating who we think will be in the upcoming series and playset themes. The winner (as of now, this thing might just balloon into something really cool) would simply have bragging rights. Now I suppose there are a few of you with inside info, so you all are disqualified... Sorry. Those are simple, ethical rules there... But to all else, PARTY ON!!!
I have to go check out what stories the next (series 8) lineup will be in, but after that I will post my own theories and my first official guess. :zany: :concern: :smile: !:eek: :grouchy:

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
OK, this is per Matleo's predictions (Pretty official looking Mat, so good work)

OK, in series 8 we have 4 figs and one speculative exclusive of unknown origin. for humanities sake, I will exclude the exclusive fig for the time being. I know we have little time on series 8 speculation, so I will keep that one in focus and work on more for later. Here we go. (explainations will ensue)
BY THE WAY, if you want to include any props to go with your pics, it will not count against your score but may count for extra credit if you are right. So I for one, will include them.
MT pick-Sal Manilla. Duh. This is pretty easy I think. Who else could it be at this point??? I read somewhere that they already slotted him into their lineups MONTHS ago.

TMS1-Muppet Sports Announcer Guy. Don't know his real name but hey, they made Johnnie Fiama for crying out loud!!!

TMS2-Naked Rowlf??? Please??? So far there has been a different incarnation of one of the fab-5 in every set, so why not Rowlf??? He needs it and we need him.

MTM-Afro Kermit. This would blow my theory for Rowlf out of the water though. Maybe I need to rethink this whole thing.

OK, those are my picks. I have but one entry and this is it. I really couldn't think of more characters we haven't seen that could possibly have figs at this time. I know you guys probably have more educated guesses, but hey, this was fun for me already.

Kinggodzillak

Reaction score
MT - Gotta be Sal, surely.

TMS 1 - I'd go for Rowlf.

TMS 2 - I'm guessing a secondary character of Lew / Crazy Harry status, so either Pops or Lips (I'd prefer Lips)

MTM - Bride Piggy? No? OK... :flirt:

The sports guy was Lewis Kazagger, btw.

Drtooth

Reaction score
sal had better be in series 8, since the next MT slot is designated for series 10!

For MTM, I'd say that a 2 pack of waiter Rizzo and Yolanda...

Anything else, just surprise me!

Aerosmith

Reaction score
Ken said Rowlf and Sal wouldnt be in the same series.

P

Philo and Gunge

My Series 8:

TMTM - Gill The Frog. I figure they should use the characters createted FOR the movie.

TMS - Angus McGonnacle, The Gargling Argyle Gargoyle. He needs a chance, he'd make a good figure.

TMS - Lips. I want a 100% complete EM. :big_grin::sing::flirt::halo::cool:

MT - SAL!!!!! My Johnny Fiama will feel so lonely without Sal.

matleo

Reaction score
Hi there!

noticed that you used my 'predictions' as a starting board for this. While I think that's great and I'm honored, I just wanted to say that those item there are NOT predictions. Most of it, is actually hard-fact leaked over at the Palisades message board or here over the last few weeks/months/years, that I collected and compiled. There is some speculation by me but I'm prettey clear on what is stuff 'I think'. Anyway, just letting you know.

having said that.....

I think S8 will be

1) Rowlf
2) Bobo (logic dictates Sal comes later)
3) Uncle Deadly
4) Tux Fozzie

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
I wish I could change this.

I wish I could change my lineup from Rowlf to someone else. i know someone posted that Rowlf and Sal would not be in the same set together, but that still kinda sucks.
As to commenting on some of your... Picks... The gargling gargoyle??? DUDE!!! COME ON!!! Actually that would be cool but not before I get my Uncle Deadly. :cool:
Love some of your choices, but it looks like my insightful pick of Sal is really old hat. Seems everyone else picked him too.
Anyone have any idea who would be left from MT to make??? I only saw one episode and was pretty confused. LOVED the Out-takes though!!! :halo:
Anyway, keep your guesses coming, I like this idea... Cause it was mine... HAHAHA

ElectricMayhem9

Reaction score
The Line Up I Would Want:

MT-Sal Manilla
TMS-Rowlf
TMS-Annie Sue Pig
TMTM-Broadway Manhattan Melody Dr Teeth

Exclusive-Sweetums

The Line Up I Expect:

MT-Bobo the Bear
TMS-Rowlf
TMS-Lips
TMTM-Manhattan Melody Scooter

Also with around the time of the release of Series 8, shouldn't there be a new playset available? Anyone have any ideas of what this will be?

I'm thinking the Muppets Tonight Control Room with Andy and/or Randy pig, or Muppet Theater Backstage with Pops would be great!

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
Sorry if I offended...

Hey Matleo, no offense there. I wanted to give proper respect the the man who came up with this list and I'll tell ya what, I really don't pay attention to message board names as much as the content. So if I missed your name, and mislaid fact... So matleo, sorry if I misrepresented your FACTS. :halo:
Which brings me to the questions, why the heck is Bobo the Bear coming out instead of Sal Manilla??? I don't get why they don't want Rowlf and Sal inthe same set... It's just weird.
But in other news, the guy who I grabbed my facts from to start this thing has slated Uncle Deadly in his mix... So after I changed my pants, I started some digging of my own and found no hard facts to back up my ecstatic glee. But if the guy in the know thinks I'll get my Uncle that soon, then get my Uncle I probably shall... Awesome. :big_grin: :smile: :wink: