Your Sesame Street Moments!

Barry Lee

Reaction score
What were your sesame street moments. When I was 3 we would always come home from preschool watch Sesame Street and eat. One day we just went to a resturaunt MISSING sesame street. I was crying and we ended up going home and taking dinner with us. What are your sesame street moments?!:stick_out_tongue: :smile:

Stacey

Reaction score
Here's one....I was already a bit too "old" to watch SS and I beleive I was in third grade or thereabouts. My mom told me on the car ride home that Mr. Hooper was going to die on Sesame Street and we talked about it. Then, late that afternoon as I was watching the episode where they reveal to Big Bird that he died, our big giant console TV began to fade into darkness....picture tube burnt out right in the middle of the episode! I was so bummed out to have missed it but luckily i have the unpaved now in my adulthood!

ssetta

Reaction score
I have so many, it's hard to name them all, but I will name one. I have gotten a LOT of flack for watching Sesame Street over the years, and I understand many people here have too. But I remember this one time, when I was in 7th grade, we went to vacation in Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Now I had a RULE that I had to watch SS every day, and couldn't miss an episode. And Cape Cod is a very popular vacation place around here, with very wonderful beaches and ocean. But the TV reception (that is without cable) is not very good at all. It's very rural, and out there. They have rental cottages there on the cape that people rent and stay for long periods of time. And a lot of them have no cable. I remember this one summer where we rented this tiny cottage in Eastham, RIGHT on Cape Cod Bay, and the view was beautiful. But the TV they had was very old, and very small, and the reception was not at all very good. I remember turning to channel 2 (the channel that SS is on here), and there was nothing but fuzz. In fact, it only got like 5 channels, and only 2 of them came in well enough to watch. I got very upset, and I even threw a temper tantrum. My mother got very angry. In fact, I bet it might have been the angriest she ever was. And she meanly explained to me that they don't expect that they would have an autistic kid who would have a rule that he had to watch a certain show at a specific time. And we almost ended up cancelling our vacation, because I wasn't going to be able to handle it. See, Sesame Street has always been a major part of my life, and I can't live without it. But the next morning, I played with the TV a little, to see if I could get it in, and I did. Now, it came in, but you had to REALLY play with the antenna in order to get it to come in a little.

Stacey

Reaction score
ssetta, i know what u mean! We used to rent a cottage in Yarmouth with a crappy little b/w tv and my brother taped a couple of pennies to the back, complete with a coathanger antenna, and even then we could barely see shadows.

Dantecat

Reaction score
When It Came In Good A Little Ssetta,Did You Get To Watch It? :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
Oh, yes, I did get to watch it.

DTF

Reaction score
My favorite Sesame Street moments always were around Bert & Ernie. I was shocked to learn int he last year or 2 they weren't brothers, b/c I thought they had to be, the way they joked around, how Ernie always played jokes and drove Bert nuts, yet no matter how frustrated Bert got they still loved each toher. I wanted a little brother & never got one, but I always thought that little brothers were just like ERnie would be to my Bert. (And I was a geek kind of like Bert seems, too.)

My favorite Bert & Ernie sketches were the banana in the ear (I preteneded to have different things in my ear quite a bit after that as a joke) and the one where Ernie takes Bert's nose off. When my cousins were little later I'd playfully act like I'd grabbed their noses, and they'd do it too, then.

superfan

Reaction score
My brothers and I would watch the same order of the shows every day when we were quite young. The Friendly Giant was on at 10am, then Mr.Dressup at 1030, then Sesame Street at 11.
I HAD to watch SS. My aunt came to babysit the three of us one summer and she taught me all about Jim Henson, Frank Oz, the old clips to look out for, etc. Everyday we would tape the clips we liked onto my tape recorder. Our favorite one to do, for some reason was the clip of the cartoon ants carrying the big 'Q' up the hill and then finally yelling out "Q!!!" in unison before falling over.