1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within the week, Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Sesame Street VHS tape collections

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Schfifty, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Garrett

Garrett Member

Aside from the ones that I showed, I just recently got a copy of The Alphabet Jungle Game that has a different stock number which is LV 51710. Are there any other copies of any other Sesame Street tapes which has a different stock number than the common stock numbers? The stock number would be LV 517__. Are there any copies of any other tapes that fill in the blank?

BradyBunchFan likes this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I only own one SST video tape and that's The Best of Kermit on SST most Sesame Media collection is DVDs rather than Tapes.

3. Luke kun

Luke kun Well-Known Member

My copy of Fiesta had a different label, it had the title in Helvectia letters and I'm pretty sure it was a promotional copy.

I don't remember the video itself from when I was a kid, but I read it does have an in credit version of the Sesame Street website bumper that used to scare the crap out of me on all my other SS tapes.

4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

- Bedtime Stories and Songs
    - The Best of Ernie and Bert
    - Big Bird's Storytime (partial)
    - Sing Along (almost eaten)
    - Count it Higher (DVD)
    - Elmocise
    - Monster Hits!
    - The Best of Elmo
    - Elmo Says Boo
    - Elmo's Magic Cookbook
    - Computer Caper
    - Christmas Eve on Sesame Street
    - Big Bird in China
    - Sesame Street's 25th Birthday: A Musical Celebration
    - A Magical Halloween Adventure
    - A Celebration of Me, Grover (DVD)

My copies of the first four listed are actually illegally-copied duplications, but they're so old and worn-out that they're almost unplayable now, which is why I'm in the process of obtaining replacements for them. I've already got a replacement copy of Bedtime Stories and Songs from eBay and am currently watching a copy of The Best of Ernie and Bert.

5. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I thought you stopped buying from eBay @D'Snowth.

6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm back in the game.

7. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

What do you mean by partial and almost eaten?

8. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Partial mean only part of it and not the full whole thing and almost eaten meaning that the tape doesn't work in either part of it or half of the tape is doesn't work at all and if any of this is not what it mean then hopefully he'll correct me.

9. BradyBunchFan

BradyBunchFan Well-Known Member

Thank you.

10. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

Anyone think its possible to obtain every SST tape out there? At least the Random House and Sony Wonder releases.

11. BertsNose

BertsNose Member

I wouldn't know. I was kind of hoping to someday find the Random House VHS of the Best of Ernie and Bert since that is the one I had as a kid. I don't know if there are still old copies of that being sold. I'm also hoping to find The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street which I believe is a Sony Wonder release I'm not sure. Same with A Celebration of Me Grover. I never saw that one before and have no idea if it's a Sony Wonder release. I never can never seem to find it. I found it on amazon but not for a price I'm willing to pay. I found The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street listed on ebay as well but I'm not too crazy about the price.

12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

Shoot yeah! I think anyone can unless some one else has bought every copy but I know I have several of the Random House ones and Sony too on VHS.. I have two copies of "Getting Ready for School" but they both have different looking covers just the same picture of Grover. See for your self.
    [​IMG] colorings on the cover. [​IMG]

13. DePingPong

DePingPong Active Member

The one's I need to get are;
    Count it Higher
    A New Baby in my House
    and that will complete my MSSTHV collection. Working on the Sesame Songs ones, currently have Sing Yourself Silly and ESAGG