Your Thoughts: 2005 Super Bowl Pizza Hut Commercial

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The new Dippin' Strips Pizza Hut commercial with the Muppets will be premiering during the pregame show of today's Superbowl.

After you see the commercial, post here and let us know your thoughts on it. Bonus points go to the first person who can post a summary for our friends in other parts of the world.

Also, if last year's pre-game was any indication, there were several different Muppet commercials that aired, so just because you see one, it may be worth your while to keep watching in case different versions are aired before the game begins.

UPDATED FEBRUARY 7

You can watch all of the Superbowl commercials (including the Muppets) at the link below. Thanks to Vic Romano for supplying the link.

http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/

King Jim

Reaction score
I bet it will be great! Can't wait. :excited:

Xela

Reaction score
When it came on, I heard it, so I made a mad dash to the TV. I missed half of it, but I did see Miss Piggy spinning around on a fan. It was kind of confusing since I completely missed the beginning.

MuppetCrazy

Reaction score
YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: The Muppets are back again! The new commercial is kinda silly, but so are the rest of the Muppet/Pizza Hut commercials. The best part about it was the return of Statler & Waldorf :sleep: :boo: . Everybody's gotta love their wacky comic relief! So............as I said before YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
I just the tail end of it;Piggy grabs a slice,dips,then the ceiling fan.Then Statler & Waldorf's comment about Look,the pig's hitting the sauce again. I wonder if that's the only showing of it,or will it be reshown?:zany:

Mklonstage

Reaction score
It just played again after the Natioanl anthem. I like this years better than last years. I hope like last year there is actually more than one that we will get to see. I was glad to see Statler and Waldorf, with a great pun as always. Who was doing the voices?

Crazy Kyle

Reaction score
I just saw it.

"Looks like the pig's hittin' the sauce again."

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Another great Pizza Hut/Muppet moment. If you've seen the first set of Muppet ads for Pizza Hut from last year, this one fits perfectly in style with the others.

Philip Chapman said:
Bonus points go to the first person who can post a summary for our friends in other parts of the world.
Here is a brief overview: The commercial starts with Kermit and Animal admiring the new pizza strips. Kermit announces that The Great Gonzo will now demonstrate how to dunk the new Dippin' Strips Pizza, but Piggy thinking "how hard can it be" pushes the others out of the way, and wanting to get some of the Pizza strips for herself she grabs a strip. The strip goes out of control, flying all over, and pulls her all over the place (including into a ceiling fan). Making a mess of the room and Piggy. She falls down in order to get a perfect dunk in the dunking sauce (much to Kermit, Gonzo, and Animal's amazement). The announcer talks about the new dippin' strips and shows some shots of the pizza, and then Statler and Waldorf pop up and make a joke about the exhausted Piggy saying "it looks like the Pig is hitting the sauce again, doh ho ho ho!"

The Muppets who appear are Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, Piggy, Statler, and Waldorf. The people performing the characters (or at least their voices in the commercial) are Steve Whitmire (as Kermit and Statler), Dave Goelz (as Gonzo and Waldorf), Eric Jacobson (as Piggy), and I'm not sure who was doing Animal in the ad because he did not speak (but regularly it would also be Eric Jacobson doing Animal).

So, Philip, what are these points good for?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Was it me or did they look extra colorful!? I loved it!

Xela

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Was it me or did they look extra colorful!? I loved it!
Very colorful! I loved it! I finally saw the full thing. :big_grin: