1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: 2005 Super Bowl Pizza Hut Commercial

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The new Dippin' Strips Pizza Hut commercial with the Muppets will be premiering during the pregame show of today's Superbowl.

After you see the commercial, post here and let us know your thoughts on it. Bonus points go to the first person who can post a summary for our friends in other parts of the world.

Also, if last year's pre-game was any indication, there were several different Muppet commercials that aired, so just because you see one, it may be worth your while to keep watching in case different versions are aired before the game begins.

UPDATED FEBRUARY 7

You can watch all of the Superbowl commercials (including the Muppets) at the link below. Thanks to Vic Romano for supplying the link.

http://dyn.ifilm.com/superbowlads/
  2. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

I bet it will be great! Can't wait. :excited:
  3. Xela

Xela New Member

When it came on, I heard it, so I made a mad dash to the TV. I missed half of it, but I did see Miss Piggy spinning around on a fan. It was kind of confusing since I completely missed the beginning.
  4. MuppetCrazy

MuppetCrazy Member

YAYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!! :) The Muppets are back again! The new commercial is kinda silly, but so are the rest of the Muppet/Pizza Hut commercials. The best part about it was the return of Statler & Waldorf :sleep: :boo: . Everybody's gotta love their wacky comic relief! So............as I said before YAYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  5. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

I just the tail end of it;Piggy grabs a slice,dips,then the ceiling fan.Then Statler & Waldorf's comment about Look,the pig's hitting the sauce again. I wonder if that's the only showing of it,or will it be reshown?:zany:
  6. Mklonstage

Mklonstage New Member

It just played again after the Natioanl anthem. I like this years better than last years. I hope like last year there is actually more than one that we will get to see. I was glad to see Statler and Waldorf, with a great pun as always. Who was doing the voices?
  7. Crazy Kyle

Crazy Kyle New Member

I just saw it.

"Looks like the pig's hittin' the sauce again."
  8. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Another great Pizza Hut/Muppet moment. If you've seen the first set of Muppet ads for Pizza Hut from last year, this one fits perfectly in style with the others.

Here is a brief overview: The commercial starts with Kermit and Animal admiring the new pizza strips. Kermit announces that The Great Gonzo will now demonstrate how to dunk the new Dippin' Strips Pizza, but Piggy thinking "how hard can it be" pushes the others out of the way, and wanting to get some of the Pizza strips for herself she grabs a strip. The strip goes out of control, flying all over, and pulls her all over the place (including into a ceiling fan). Making a mess of the room and Piggy. She falls down in order to get a perfect dunk in the dunking sauce (much to Kermit, Gonzo, and Animal's amazement). The announcer talks about the new dippin' strips and shows some shots of the pizza, and then Statler and Waldorf pop up and make a joke about the exhausted Piggy saying "it looks like the Pig is hitting the sauce again, doh ho ho ho!"

The Muppets who appear are Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, Piggy, Statler, and Waldorf. The people performing the characters (or at least their voices in the commercial) are Steve Whitmire (as Kermit and Statler), Dave Goelz (as Gonzo and Waldorf), Eric Jacobson (as Piggy), and I'm not sure who was doing Animal in the ad because he did not speak (but regularly it would also be Eric Jacobson doing Animal).

So, Philip, what are these points good for?
  9. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Was it me or did they look extra colorful!? I loved it!
  10. Xela

Xela New Member

Very colorful! I loved it! I finally saw the full thing. :D
  11. Dantecat

Dantecat Active Member

It was good!
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Uh guys. The thing that Piggy is getting swung on is no ceiling fan, its a chandeleir that she is spinning on. I record it and slowed it down. I just wanted to tell you. But I love it and enjoyed it. I think John Kenndy did Animal. I could hear some grunts and stuff and it sounded like John's Animal. My favorite part is where Gonzo is spinning and lands w/ the Pizza strip in the pizza sauce.
  13. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I think it was a good comercial. Much better than having Jessica Simpson pop up.
  14. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting a description! I missed the whole thing because I was at a variety show at my church and didn't get to start watching the game until kickoff and of course, they didn't show it again, so thanks so much for the recap! I hope to see it in the coming days (especially because of Statler and Waldorf!)
  15. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

They sure did!!! I recorded it on my DVR, but even when I slowed it down during playback, I couldn't tell what kind of T-shirt Animal was wearing, but it was cool! :halo: Loved Gonzo's get-up as well (I REALLY wish we could have some modern versions of these guys as action figures! :cry: ).
    The announcer in this commercial (and the more recent commercials for Dippin' Strips) sounds a lot like Queen Latifah. Has that already been confirmed?

Anyway, I LOVED IT!!! Knew I would, just felt like sharing! :)
  16. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

That was a good commercial. I can't wait to see it again.

Actually, it might have been someone else playing Animal, while Eric was playing Piggy. I'm just guessing.
  17. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

LOL ohhh gosh I loved it it was on right @ 6:34pm ;)
  18. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I waited anxiously by the TV just for the commercial, and once it was over I just ran back and forth doing stuff while the game was on and then watching the commercials.

I liked the commercial, but was disappointed that there was only one! I like the effect of Gonzo's flips in the air! That's awesome!! toughpigs.com has some screen captures that let you see it all in photos, and that's cool to see.

I felt that the commercials this year weren't as good as last year, but I did enjoy the monkey commercials and then the beer commercial where the parachuters throw out the beer and the pilot jumps out after it.

I'm a fan of the Beatles, and of John, but I felt that the half-time show was dry and lazy. With the library of songs John could have chosen to sing, many of which are rousing and upbeat, I couldn't believe he chose such slow sleepy songs. I was bored with it as a half-time show, and over half the people on the ground around the stage probably didn't even know who he is or where he came from. Sad. And then, many people will never realize the true genius of the man or his history because of those songs, which I'm sure turned-off many of the 20-30 year old demographics.
  19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

I think you mean Paul.
  20. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Hey Hey Hey! Look What I Found!!!

For those of you who missed it (and any other SB commercial); go here and scroll about halfway down!