Your Thoughts: 2005 Super Bowl Pizza Hut Commercial

Erine81981

Reaction score
Uh guys. The thing that Piggy is getting swung on is no ceiling fan, its a chandeleir that she is spinning on. I record it and slowed it down. I just wanted to tell you. But I love it and enjoyed it. I think John Kenndy did Animal. I could hear some grunts and stuff and it sounded like John's Animal. My favorite part is where Gonzo is spinning and lands w/ the Pizza strip in the pizza sauce.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I think it was a good comercial. Much better than having Jessica Simpson pop up.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Another great Pizza Hut/Muppet moment. If you've seen the first set of Muppet ads for Pizza Hut from last year, this one fits perfectly in style with the others.

Here is a brief overview: The commercial starts with Kermit and Animal admiring the new pizza strips. Kermit announces that The Great Gonzo will now demonstrate how to dunk the new Dippin' Strips Pizza, but Piggy thinking "how hard can it be" pushes the others out of the way, and wanting to get some of the Pizza strips for herself she grabs a strip. The strip goes out of control, flying all over, and pulls her all over the place (including into a ceiling fan). Making a mess of the room and Piggy. She falls down in order to get a perfect dunk in the dunking sauce (much to Kermit, Gonzo, and Animal's amazement). The announcer talks about the new dippin' strips and shows some shots of the pizza, and then Statler and Waldorf pop up and make a joke about the exhausted Piggy saying "it looks like the Pig is hitting the sauce again, doh ho ho ho!"

The Muppets who appear are Kermit, Gonzo, Animal, Piggy, Statler, and Waldorf. The people performing the characters (or at least their voices in the commercial) are Steve Whitmire (as Kermit and Statler), Dave Goelz (as Gonzo and Waldorf), Eric Jacobson (as Piggy), and I'm not sure who was doing Animal in the ad because he did not speak (but regularly it would also be Eric Jacobson doing Animal).

So, Philip, what are these points good for?
Thanks for posting a description! I missed the whole thing because I was at a variety show at my church and didn't get to start watching the game until kickoff and of course, they didn't show it again, so thanks so much for the recap! I hope to see it in the coming days (especially because of Statler and Waldorf!)

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
Was it me or did they look extra colorful!? I loved it!
They sure did!!! I recorded it on my DVR, but even when I slowed it down during playback, I couldn't tell what kind of T-shirt Animal was wearing, but it was cool! :halo: Loved Gonzo's get-up as well (I REALLY wish we could have some modern versions of these guys as action figures! :cry: ).
GelflingWaldo said:
...the announcer talks about the new dippin' strips and shows some shots of the pizza, and then...
The announcer in this commercial (and the more recent commercials for Dippin' Strips) sounds a lot like Queen Latifah. Has that already been confirmed?

Anyway, I LOVED IT!!! Knew I would, just felt like sharing! :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
That was a good commercial. I can't wait to see it again.

Actually, it might have been someone else playing Animal, while Eric was playing Piggy. I'm just guessing.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I waited anxiously by the TV just for the commercial, and once it was over I just ran back and forth doing stuff while the game was on and then watching the commercials.

I liked the commercial, but was disappointed that there was only one! I like the effect of Gonzo's flips in the air! That's awesome!! toughpigs.com has some screen captures that let you see it all in photos, and that's cool to see.

I felt that the commercials this year weren't as good as last year, but I did enjoy the monkey commercials and then the beer commercial where the parachuters throw out the beer and the pilot jumps out after it.

I'm a fan of the Beatles, and of John, but I felt that the half-time show was dry and lazy. With the library of songs John could have chosen to sing, many of which are rousing and upbeat, I couldn't believe he chose such slow sleepy songs. I was bored with it as a half-time show, and over half the people on the ground around the stage probably didn't even know who he is or where he came from. Sad. And then, many people will never realize the true genius of the man or his history because of those songs, which I'm sure turned-off many of the 20-30 year old demographics.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm a fan of the Beatles, and of John, but I felt that the half-time show was dry and lazy. With the library of songs John could have chosen to sing, many of which are rousing and upbeat.
I think you mean Paul.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey Hey Hey! Look What I Found!!!

For those of you who missed it (and any other SB commercial); go here and scroll about halfway down!