1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: A MC Christmas

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Nov 24, 2006.

1. Phillip Administrator

Christmas has arrived at Muppet Central. We've rolled out several features to make your Christmas merrier and more Muppety.

(1) Christmas Music - We are now playing more than 200 Christmas Muppet tunes on Muppet Central Radio. Also from Tuesday December 19 through Monday December 25, we will have a non-stop Muppet Christmas Music Marathon. You can listen to Muppet Central Radio 24 hours a day.

(2) Christmas Menus - Our annual Muppet Christmas menus have arrived beginning today and continuing for the next six weeks leading up to 2007. All of these animated menus were beautifully designed by James Carroll. The menus will be changing every few days and can be viewed from the Muppet Central home page.

(3) Christmas Presents - In order to make finding Muppety gifts easier, we've launched a Muppet exclusive on-line store with Amazon.com. Check it out for lots of Muppety releases. You can find a Muppet gift for every frog, pig or bear on your list. Begin your Christmas shopping today.
  2. The Count Moderator

Hey Phil... Wanted to LYK that I finally signed up and was able to plug into MC Radio. Man, is it great having this wealth of Muppety music to listen to in my free time. Though I missed out on the Halloween music of the night fest, I'll definitely be listening for the Christmas songs mixed in with everything else. And I'm rully looking forward to the holidays this year, cause I'll be able to hear to all this vonderful music and enjoy it, not bothered by school/university errands or exams.

Love the radio and I hope it keeps improving with more Muppety music and memories.
  3. Phillip Administrator

Count, glad you are enjoying the Christmas music and listening to Muppet Central Radio. Thanks for the feedback.

Our first holiday menu featuring Muppet Family Christmas is now up on the home page. This will be changing out for another design in the next few days.

Let us know what you think.
  4. Beauregard Well-Known Member

Oh, wow, the store looks great. And you know that every year those Christmas Menu's come out...the season is finally here! Piggy and Kermit look oh so snug in their Christmas get-up...ush-ush, gush-gush.
  5. mikebennidict New Member

I wonder what Elvis would of thought about the SS monsters version of Blue Christmas?
  6. frogboy4 Inactive Member

:)

There's a soft-spot in my heart for the holiday menus - especially the Christmas ones. Wish I could have completed the initial "12 Menus of Christmas" I had wanted. Maybe sometime in the future.

By the way - who is creating all of the Muppet-licious cartoon member icons? They are beautiful and make it an added joy every time I have the chance to come and visit!

:zany: Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays! :zany:
  7. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

That Jamie, would be Vic Romano. They're spawning from his AMAZING work of art that can be seen here. Enjoy!
  8. heralde Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say I really enjoy the Christmas selections on Muppet Central radio. Especially the songs from "The Great Santa Claus Switch." It's really a cute special, too bad it was never on TV after its first airing.
  9. Phillip Administrator

Glad you are enjoying it Heralde. Please keep listening.
  10. Katzi428 Well-Known Member

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!
    I just heard "The Night Before Christmas On Sesame Street" done by David (Northern Calloway):D It really brought back memories.:)
    Phil...thanks so much for including that song (and the little sort of "Gift Of The Magi" thing with Mr. Hooper,Ernie & Bert.)
    May Jim Henson,Will Lee and Northern Calloway all R.I.P.
  11. Ruahnna Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say, "Big wet kisses" to whoever does the fantastic pictures that grace each new holiday. The one of Miss Piggy and her favorite present is one to get all mushy about. God bless you for what you do for all of us!
  12. I'm lovin' the Christmas menus, especially "A Muppet Family Christmas"!

Really!

I am!

:D
  13. The Count Moderator

Those menus were done by the same person who did the Muppet icons. His name is Jamie, we knew him once by his screen name of frogboy4. He was instrumental in helping get the screen caps and looks of the characters back when the figure line was going strong in 2003. He's sort of taken a savatical retreat as he tends to other matters, just what we don't know. But he was a great guy and member of the forums, sorely missed by those who remember him.
    Hope this answers your questions Ru.
  14. Marky Member

Thank you Phil, Merry Christmas!
    I hope you don't mind, I started a Merry Christmas thread in the General area.
  15. heralde Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say I'm glad the Sesame Street Christmas Sing-Along album has been included on MC radio. I still have the record at home. I used to listen to it every Christmas, but now I'm afraid to play it in case it gets scratched. So it's great to be able to hear the songs on the web. :)

Oscar: "One more Fa la la and I'm leaving!"

Ernie: "Oh, Oscar..."
  16. The Count Moderator

Hey Phil... First off, merry Christmas.

Now then... Listening to MC Radio, "Jingle Bells/Jingle Bell Rock" and I'm a bit confused.
    The track listing says that this medly performed by Kermit and Robin, flowing into the Electric Mayhem's performance of the latter song as being from "A Classic Cartoon Christmas".
    What's this "Classic Cartoon Christmas"? And more to the point, aren't those two songs from A Muppet Family Christmas?
    Thought you should know about and make any corrections if necessary.
  17. Phillip Administrator

A Classic Cartoon Christmas is a CD that was released in 1996 when Muppet Family Christmas was airing on Nickelodeon. It contains many of the best children's Christmas television songs of all time. Two of the songs from Muppet Family Christmas are included. Since this is the only CD release the special has had that is why the songs are credited as such. It's a nice CD and we usually listen to it over the holidays.
  18. Luke Active Member

I'd just like to say i've enjoyed the christmas music on Muppet Central Radio and it's great it's been left on some more. Perhaps next year the non-stop christmas could continue until new year!
  19. Phillip Administrator

Hi Luke,

As of today about one out of every four songs is Christmas related. The Christmas music will probably continue in this fashion until December 31 when those songs will be removed. More than 150 new songs will be going into the rotation though once the Christmas tunes end.

The non-stop Christmas music was extremely popular this year, so expect it to start earlier next year, maybe either 10-14 days before Christmas instead of the usual five days. We hope all the new folks continue to listen into the new year.
  20. The Count Moderator

Ooh... Thanks for the update Phil.
    Was pleased to find the Christmas songs still in the rotation. Probably won't get to hear them since I'm busy as a bat with all the Muppet DVD's I got for the holidays.
    If the non-stop Christmas music goes longer next year, I'd kind of prefer or put in a vote that it be 10-14 days stretching towards New Year's EVe Day rather than earlier in the month, up to two weeks earlier, finishing on Christmas Day like Luke suggested.
    Also, I noticed this and asked about it in the Strange MC Radio Occurences thread... You might want to correct this, but all of the songs/segments from A Muppet Family Christmas were labeled as being from "A Classic Cartoon Christmas". Why was that?
    And finally... On the subject of more new music... Would like to hear some from all venues of Henson productions like Faffner Hall and Jim Henson's Animal Show if you can get it. Also, since you've had music from The Electric Company in the rotation, is there any chance of getting music from other CTW productions like Square One Television or even Encyclopedia?
    Just askin', thanks for the greatness that is Muppet Central Mr. Chapman.