1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Album Covers on MCR

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, May 27, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We've rolled out a new feature for Muppet Central Radio today.

On our home page and our radio section, you'll now see a visual display of not only what track is currently playing, but a picture of the album cover as well. The various record covers are being displayed to help showcase the wide variety of music that we play on Muppet Central Radio. A special thanks goes out to Dave (forum member Vic Romano) for helping with the graphics on this project.

Check out the updates at the links below and let us know what you think!

Muppet Central Home
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/

Muppet Central Radio
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

Muppet Central Radio is a 24-hour on-line radio station broadcasting from MuppetCentral.com via Live365. We currently play more than 1800 songs from The Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock and Bear in the Big Blue House.

2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Great idea Phillip! :sing: Keep the music rollin' on...

3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Well-Known Member

I love the idea Phil. Pretty neat.

4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It's good to see all of the different art work.

5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I like it, plus it helps keep the website looking like it's ever-changing!

6. Stulz

Stulz Active Member

Pod-Cast

Any plans of doing a Podcast version ?

7. Erine81981

I would love to see Wallpaper versions of those album covers too. That would be cool too. Just a thought. ;)

8. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

If I ever get the other covers done :o , that's an idea I'd be willing to help with, Phil.

9. Erine81981

Vic would you be able to make them into covers for CDs too? I've always wanted to do covers for all my old records that I've made into CDs and don't have the equipment to make them the right sized for CD covers. Could you help me please? PM or email me basketpusherkyle@yahoo.com

10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

That's biting off more then I can chew right now. Sorry, Kyle. :sympathy:

11. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Phil....I think you did a great job with them!
    A couple of examples:
    1)The Alphabet Album...I had that as a kid & when I saw you had put the cover up,I remembered it. It had a chalkboard inside to write on.:)
    2)Ernie's Hits -brought back memories too.Same w/Bert's Blockbusters.
    3)Sesame Street Album 2(I think)-it had drawn pics of Gordon (who at the time was I think Matt Robinson) & Susan (Loretta Long) plus others.
    Thanks for the trip back to memory lane.
    Kathy (who feels kind of old after seeing the albums,but hey...we all need a trip back to our childhood now & then.)

12. Erine81981

Thats fine Vic. Don't worry about it. Thanks anyways. Keep it up tho'. I love all those covers as well as the pictrues of the non-albums too.

13. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

14. I've never been able to get Muppet Central Radio to load right...

15. Phillip

Kendra, have you tried running the listening wizard on this page?

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/index.shtml

What player are you trying to listen with and what kind of errors are you receiving? Also how fast is your Internet connection. The more details you can give, the more likely we can help you.

16. Phillip

This isn't possible right now due to the licensing issues with making the stream available for download. I hope you are still able to listen to the regular stream though.

17. Phillip

I'm glad you like them. Like you, the Sesame Street records from the early 70's were a special part of my childhood. There were no VCR's and very little Muppet merchandise at the time. The first records in 1970 and 1971 were the most accessible Muppet stuff out there. Glad we can keep those memories alive for you.

18. Everytime I click Play, it just takes me to some page to change the settings.:confused:I'm probably just doing something silly, though.:crazy:

I'm using Windows Media Player and have dial-up.

19. Phillip

Ok, there are a couple ways you can get this working.

First, try re-running the listening wizard on this page at the link below. You'll need to follow the prompts through a few pages. You'll want to select MP3 player in order to use Windows Media. (Or you can use the Live365 player if you have trouble.) You can re-run the listening wizard several times if you want to change your player.

http://www.live365.com/listen/ls-frame-other.live?mode=tryagain

Another option will work for you IF you have Windows Media Player 10 or 11. Start your Windows Media player. On the main menu go to VIEW then ONLINE STORES. Choose either Live365 or if you don't see Live365, choose BROWSE ON-LINE STORES and you should see Live365. Then search for Muppet Central Radio and you can listen that way.

Let us know how it works out for you.

20. It keeps on playing this recording telling me to register. Is this nessecary?