Your Thoughts: Authentic Animal Replica

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We now have on-line the most in-depth review you’ll find of the Animal Muppet Replica. Read all the details on this highly-anticipated release in this review by James Carroll.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/merchandise/replica_animal.shtml

Also, if you order your Animal or Kermit Replica from the link below, a portion of the order will go back to Muppet Central, helping us keep the site and new projects coming in the future.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=...=blended&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

The forthcoming Gonzo Replica is also available here…

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/aff-home.asp?id=MU-305201722&number=MRDS156

If you have questions or comments about the Animal Replica or have your own styling tips for Animal be sure to post in this discussion.

Luke

Reaction score
Well done Jamie. Brilliant review and very fair. I liked the photos of yours, what a difference you can make with these compared to the Master Replica site photos. I agree about the mouth, the error should have been sorted so he could have mouth closed before the production run.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea i think your right but i think that theu really dont want to mouths to close because it would be to easy to make then into puppets and then sold on ebay. Having that bar or whatever would prevent that from happining.

Luke

Reaction score
no it has a mouth hinge, so it was supposed to close

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been thinking about this replica, especially after reading the new review on MC.

One thing that keeps being mentioned is the disappointment that Animal doesnt come with neck, wrist and ankle cuffs!

Here is a challenge, can anyone find a picture of an official Animal Poser puppet wearing ankle and wrist cuffs? And if you can post the pic on here!

There are a few pics of him wearing his neck collar and chain, but there are also a lot of pics where he is not.

I think the cuffs and collar are more often added to Animal in Animated or illustrated forms and not so much on the actual poser/ puppet, maybe thats why Master Replicas didnt include them?

I may be wrong on this, but look at pics and you may agree..........

Chris

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Been thinking about this replica, especially after reading the new review on MC.

One thing that keeps being mentioned is the disappointment that Animal doesnt come with neck, wrist and ankle cuffs!

Here is a challenge, can anyone find a picture of an official Animal Poser puppet wearing ankle and wrist cuffs? And if you can post the pic on here!

There are a few pics of him wearing his neck collar and chain, but there are also a lot of pics where he is not.

I think the cuffs and collar are more often added to Animal in Animated or illustrated forms and not so much on the actual poser/ puppet, maybe thats why Master Replicas didnt include them?

I may be wrong on this, but look at pics and you may agree..........

Chris

I do remember seeing Animal wearing his collar on TMS. Floyd Pepper would hold his chain and he had his collar on. I don't know about as far as posers go though.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
He was wearing his spiked collar and cuffs all the way through The Muppet Movie too. To be honest, I haven't seen many "poser" pics of Animal until the 90s revamp of The Muppets. By that time Animal rarely wore his signature "Sgt Peppers" top or the spiked collar and cuffs.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A minor photo correction

Thanks. I tried to be fair.

There was one comparison photo included that isn't a fair representation of the poser after he softens. The one published at the moment should be swapped out quickly for this one. As much as I complain about the MR photos I really needed to treat this one comparison shot to show the upmost potential the product has without any alteration (except for coloring the seam). I just cut out the background and stuck him next to the classic poser for this shot. Posing him, shooting and cutting together this photo took under 20 minutes.

This really is a fantastic product. I don't believe it to be one to skip. Upon arrival you might feel differently, but now I can't imagine not having him.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
To tell you honestly, I think the Mr version looks a lot better than the real photo puppet in that photo you put up frogboy.