Your Thoughts: Authentic Animal Replica

muppetperson

Reaction score
I agree - my Animal's tongue appears to be a fraction too large and very close to the teeth. It's not a material or thickness issue.
But your Animal's tongue looks like it is at least half an inche away from the teeth? My animal tongue sits directly behind the teeth, so either they changed the tongue size or mouth plate size during production.I think I remember now something about someone returning their Animal because of a fault, and something was different about the mouth plate from the previous one?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But your Animal's tongue looks like it is at least half an inche away from the teeth? My animal tongue sits directly behind the teeth, so either they changed the tongue size or mouth plate size during production.I think I remember now something about someone returning their Animal because of a fault, and something was different about the mouth plate from the previous one?
It depends, I guess. The mouth's lower jaw is rather flexible and tends to bend outward when posed popping the tounge's edges up and away from the teeth. At a resting position without the stand the teeth and tongue are very close together. There's something a little freaky with the mouth's design from a manufacturing standpoint - jaw plate, hinge, tongue and flexibility. Just noting that bit, but I do love my Animal. :halo:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score

Telly

Reaction score
I think he's allergic to peeps.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I love these companies for trying but the likenesses are getting worse as time goes on. Have people actually forgotten what The Muppets look like?

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
With stuff like that being sold is it any wonder that Piggy merchandise doesn't sell well anymore. Compare that to the Fisher Price toys of the 70's and there is no contest.