Your Thoughts: Authentic Gonzo Replica

FennShysa

Reaction score
Haha the funny thing I was in WalMart today and we walked past the infant clothing. I thought to myself what my friends would think if I'd bring Gonzo clothes shopping with me!
While I didn't bring Gonzo, I did bring his shirt to eyeball sizes - turns out that infant clothes in the 6-12 months old size work pretty well - I found a red flannel shirt, sweater vest, and khaki pants that work great for my Gonzo... :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yo!-Answer.

Yo! - What do you intend to do about the coloring of the nose and the interior of the mouth? Are you painting him? Or are you having someone else do it?

I am tinking about getting a third gonzo and recreating his nose from thin Scott foam with a shaved interior base that is both the original nose and some build up. But I was going to paint it myself. Your idea seems more feasable and less expensive.:concern:
I have taped Gonzo up, just leaving the netting exposed, which will be covered in the same color flocking, so I wont have to paint it.The flocking itself will have a bit of shimering to it, so will give it slight color variation.The only part of the netting that wont be covered is the top of his bottom lip, which I will be painting pink(thanks for the alert, Muppetcaper).I am hoping that all the little fibre spikes will give it a closer texture to porus foam.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Oh, man...

You might find that a little bland - consider some color on the beak.

And how are you gonna cover up the ugly seams at the end of his nose and underside? - Me, I would pull off the sock and do it flock it that way. What do you have to lose anyway? Just raid a closet near Travis and you can have a brand new nose hose.:shifty:

What the flock - ya know

muppetperson

Reaction score
When it gets flocked, it can only come out of the gun one color.To paint the flock afterwards might make it glugy.The shimmering will give it a bit off light and shade variation.If I took the netting off, it might lift up where the netting ends.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I just bought myself a Gonzo on eBay for $277.04!

I'll post my thoughts as soon as I get him :big_grin: :concern:

Telly

Reaction score
I ordered 18-24 khakis and the same with a sweater vest. Am I gonna have to alter this? Actually...am I gonna have to find somebody to alter this for me? I can't sew. :sympathy:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
You should be fine anywhere from 12-24 months. I have 18 month shirt and pants on Gonzo now and they're perfect. The first shirt I put on him was 24 mo. and it was fine too.