1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Sep 19, 2006.

1. tomahawk Member

This sounds like taking out all the fun in getting him. People have only had him for all of 3-4 days. What if they like the squished heads and necks? Lessons in posing Kermit? Wow.
  2. lithiumbrain Member

Yes I agree...the pupils are a tiny bit too large. The round part is a bit too round. Alright...I'll stop complaining! I'm an artist and a perfectionist...I can't help it! :)
  3. MWoO Active Member

Yes, I don't think it's an evil thing to say that learning how to position Kermit will make him look better. Proper positioning will make him look like the high end replica he is.
  4. Boba Lynn Member

If you got lessons or tips please share! I would love to see them.

Lynn
  5. Robin New Member

Not every one is an artist... But, those of us that "are" will naturally have far better results with their Kermits.... It's very true indeed... Some of these kermits in photo's I've looked at here are so poorly posed I'm thinking $199.00 for that? in other photo's I'm thinking Wow that looks great!!!! Artists will shine!!!! I'm sure some will make small changes to make these look more acurate!!!
  6. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

7. AlienGonzo New Member

Since the other thread was closed, I'll ask again in here...

How is everyone going to be displaying theirs?

I'm not sure what to do yet, I dont have a glass case to put him in right now. Hopefully dust wont be a big problem for him, even in a glass case you'll get a little. Is the material the type that can get dirty easily from dust? I guess a damp cloth or brushing it off with a clean duster or swiffer thing would work if that ever is a problem :concern:

I do share some of the same sentiments as Vic and some others. I’m still very anxious to get him though and do feel the pose has a lot to do with making the TRUE Kermit come out. In a lot of these pics, its doesn’t look like much, but then in some others that’s got good posing, he does. Such as with the pics KermieBaby just posted, I get a whole different impression and get even more excited as I see Kermit come to life there. For me anyway.:)
  8. Convincing John Well-Known Member

Packaging?

I was wondering...is there any special package that this Kermit comes in? Usually when a new Muppet collectible comes out (thinkin' 'bout the good ol' Palisades and Fisher Price stuff) there's pictures of the box as well as the product online somwhere. With the great treatment other Muppet stuff has gotten (like that Jim Henson figure!), I just wondered if Kermit would come in a box decked out in the red curtains we know and love from our favorite theater?

Or...will it just be a plain ol' brown box?

I'm not complaining, just curious. I haven't gotten my Kermit yet, but I'm just wondering how to display him. If it's a plain ol' box, of course I'll just "open" it like the kid in did with the gift. ;)

BTW, the Kermit pics looks awesome! Can't wait for him!

Convincing John
  9. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. For now, my Kermit will be sitting within inches of me, wherever I am in the house (well, with the exception of the kitchen and the bathroom! ha) so I can marvel at his, ah, whatever he has, it's marvelous.

I have a question too, this one's for Amy from MR, if she found this thread: I was going to fill in the registration form, and it asks for a serial number. Can you please tell me where the serial number is? I think it's probably the item number, but I wanna be sure.

Oh, and thank you all at Master Replicas SO MUCH for this beautiful Kermit! :)
    Thanks! :D

Oh, and Convincing John, the box he comes in is almost just as beautiful!!! No red curtains like many hoped, but beautiful just the same. They did our Kermit justice that's for sure. I didn't snap any pics of his box, and it's already put away or else I'd take some pics for you, sorry!
  10. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Got my Kermit. YAAAAAYYY!!

I'm a little too under the weather and tired to mess around posing and taking pictures, but I'm thrilled with him!

Also, I got my Han Solo blaster that I won. What a great day!
  11. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Alright, you also got your blaster today!!! Cool buddy, enjoy your swag. Maybe it'll help you feel better? ;)

Hey C.J., here's a pic that Nitro posted over on CMX. The sides and back of the box have more of the brown theme with technical illustrations of Kermit in different poses and stuff. Check it out! :)
  12. Garland New Member

Feel better brother!

And when you do...be sure to take pictures of Kermit with that Han Solo Blaster!
  13. MWoO Active Member

Now see, your Kermit looks very different from other pictures I have seen, yet it is the esact same product. Very nice head shape you got.

As for tips of my own, I have none. Don't have a Kermit yet. I didn't pre-order one because I wanted to see some final product pics before dropping the cash. Hope to get one soon though.
  14. AlienGonzo New Member

I know, exactly. It looks like a whole different product and different material, I love it. Complete turn around making me want it even that much more. KermieBaby ma’man, like I was saying, definitely the best new pics I’ve seen yet!!!! ;)
  15. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

:)

If only I also had a Fluke Flystalker lightsaber...

(Thanks for the health wishes, Garland and KermieBaby! Off to sleep...)
  16. Was Once Ernie New Member

I got my Kermit today, too. I think he is beautiful. Master Replicas did a bang-up wonderful job.

For those of you complaining, I don't want to start a flame war, but I'm really annoyed. This is a top notch product. If you think you can do better, build your own. If you hate it so much that you have to physically uproot the eyes and move them, send it back unopened and get your money back and build your own. This is definitely more than a $200 doll. It is a replica, made from the original patterns. As many have noted, Kermit himself changed a lot over the years. Some of the real posers have been good, some have been horrible. This is as good as a mass-produced (in a small quantity) product can possibly be and certainly looks light-years better than some of the real posers.

I guess it just comes down to the fact that some people can never be happy.

I for one, am very happy.

:p
  17. a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah! thanks Was Once Ernie, glad someone sayed it! :smirk:
  18. lithiumbrain Member

19. robinthefrog New Member

I wish they were available here in Australia. I want one badly.
  20. King Prawn New Member

I'm so happy Kermit is starting to show up but seeing everyones pictures makes me want mine even more. I hope he comes soon.:) :) :)