1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by Phillip, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Hey folks!

Please take time to sign up for this message board and vote for the Memphis part of Kermit's trip. We (Lin, Antone, Janet, and I) spent a LOT of time and effort to create some great photos of Kermit and his trip to Memphis! Plus, of everywhere he went, we were the only group who took him home to Leland, MS! The winner wins Kermit the Frog and all the goodies he got from all the places he went on his trip!

So, please go here and vote for Memphis!
    http://masterreplicas.com/forum/sho...thread.php&t=1388&cm_mmc=MR-_-NL-_-233-_-none

And if you don't remember the pictures, please visit this part of my website:
    http://muley.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=13

Voting ends February 1st, so please go vote!
  2. Davina

Davina Member

ooh.. hope you win... :) If i could have thought of any great places for him up here in Alaska (ok, and hadn't been in a really bad car accident that messed me up too much to take him to the few places i _could_ think of...) I'd have had him up here... hrm.. still might take mine out touring just for fun when it gets warmer.. and we have a bit more daylight....)
  3. Was Once Ernie

Was Once Ernie New Member

Hey Fozzie,

I was the first vote for you even before you asked!

:p
  4. Fozzie Bear

You're all awesome buddies! Thanks, WOE! It's good when Bert can count on his Ernie. :)

Davina, sorry to hear about the accident! I don't recall hearing about it until now. Maybe I missed a thread or something, but I hope you're healing well and quick!

Now, a few things about posing Kermit that I discovered as I went along with him:

First, the head has to be pulled all the way up on the body of the poser, then jutted forward some to give him a lean-forward, being puppeteered look.

Illustration: http://pic4.picturetrail.com/VOL742/3120815/6345768/298259842.jpg

The Kermit smile is by keeping the top and bottom palettes of the mouth straight, but the back part of the top pallette must be pinched up ever so slightly. The top pallatte must be kept straight so you can't see it in a straight-on photo, and the bottom pallette is open, but not all the way as wide that it touches the body.

The body poses have to look as if they are being positioned by putting a hand and arm in the poser and arm rods are posing the arms and legs.

The fingers have to keep a straight view and can't suddenly look like the frog has been stricken with arthritis. And the collar has to be posed straight down and against the body.

Another small detail is that the hands, when waving, have to be facing palm-out (so the thumbs point toward the body), and when he's sitting down, unless the bottoms of his feet are touching something, point his feet downard.
  5. PrawnCocktail

PrawnCocktail New Member

6. Was Once Ernie

This is the only thing I disagree with you on, although you are not incorrect. I like to pose the collar away from the body slightly. Even though the puppet could never do this, on the poser I think it helps add a little dimension.

7. Fozzie Bear

I guess I should have said: The collar doesn't twist and curl up on the ends away from the body as if attacking Kermit's neck. :)

Some of the pictures I have seen seemed that folks didn't care to reshape the collar in a position down on him more.

You're right, though. This is the look I appreciate:
    http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/ap/aphs10708111142.widec.jpg
  8. Davina

Davina Member

it was a while back.. early august.. I stopped for a traffic light.. the big, full sized (ie, one step down from a semi..) delivery truck behind me, didn't...
    luckily I was in my station wagon at the time (and the kids and dogs were all at home and not in the back..) my car was crushed, buckled in up to just behind me.. the driver's seat broke, so i didn't get pushed into the steering wheel, and i was actually able to walk away from the whole thing with just a scratch on my hand... though my shoulder and spine were completely mangled and my pelvis was twisted.. was in a whole lot of pain for a good long time, but i've got a great chiropractor and by the first of october i could actually stand up mostly straight again and sit for several hours and wasn't in constaint pain anymore...
    all in all.. could have been a WHOLE lot worse and i definately had someone looking out for me that day.. even if it did total my station wagon.. *sigh* (no one's making "real" station wagons anymore!)
    still being worked on, and have to build strength back up too, as i was very limited on what i could do for months.. but.. i'm getting better.. just missed out on a few opportunities - like Kermit's road trip :)

thanks for the posing tips too, though.. that will help a lot when we put him back up :) (took him down to take all the Christmas decor down, inc. his santa suit.. and cuz we're redoing my step daughters' room.. lots of plaster sanding....)
  9. Telly

Telly Active Member

That sounds scary Davina! I'm glad you're alright though and that the kids and dog weren't in the car!
  10. Fozzie Bear

Wow, and I'm very glad you're still posting on MC, Davina. That's frightening. I worry about driving sometimes because I just know one day it's going to happen to me here in Memphis (these drivers are horrible).

Glad you're better, though!
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

Sorry to hear that Davina.
  12. Fozzie Bear

On to the other topic: I e-mailed everyone in my e-mail lists, and I haven't seen any new postings over on the boards at MR or new votes. So, if anybody hasn't voted yet, I hope they will.
  13. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Yes, vote for Memphis! Toronto caught up and is now winning by 2 votes.

C'MON MC! The Bear needs his Froggy Friend!
    :)
    Anthony
  14. Fozzie Bear

Thanks! Everyone: Tell your family! Tell your friends! Tell your pets if they have an opposable thumb and can use a keyboard!
  15. Davina

Davina Member

hehehe wouldn't be the first time the dogs had an online account somewhere...
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The leading Toronto pictures make Kermit look constipated. Had to say it. There must be shananigans! Shananigans I tell you. Only kidding.

Seriously, though. I think Kev's images are great and if you could hear them I'm sure Kev's Kermit impersonation would win anybody over!

I voted for Memphis!
  17. Was Once Ernie

Actually, I agree with you. Someone up there is stuffing the ballot box. Maybe they work in a big office and they're getting everyone to vote. I don't see how anyone could vote for anything besides Memphis. Kevin's pictures look professional. None of the others do.

18. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

Even though, others did not do as good, they did have good intentions for Kermit. I found some still amusing and some funny. I think they all had there own little good moments. And it looked like some did quite a task of taking him a lot of places. So Kermits pose not done right or he looked really off, but I think it is all just for the fun of it really. :halo:
  19. mrsieve

mrsieve Member

I hope no one is pointing the finger at me. ;) Even though I'm from Toronto, I love the Memphis pics. And voted for Memphis.
  20. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

We all love Kermit...

Much of the other photograph sets didn't showcase the wonderful features of MR's Kermit. Most of them could have easily been a propped-up standard nineteen buck Kermit doll. Actually, some pictures make MR's Kermit look worse than a standard commercial Kermit doll because of the horrific smooshing done to the face.

If the idea of the competition is to show the intentions of the photographer and is about the idea of how much they love Kermit than it just turns into a popularity contest of who can drum-up the most votes. We all love Kermit. :)

But if it's about taking quality photographs that not only showcase a love for Kermit but this specific amazing replica product, then Kev's beats all of the others hands down. I don't just mean the pictures in the contest - Kev's Memphis photo series contain better pictures than I've seen on this forum or anywhere else. He’s a talented guy.