Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Nice! You have a nerd room in your house! I have one of those too!:smile:

Nick Holiday

Reaction score
Hello, everybody.

I'm BRAND new to this board, so, pardon me if I make any fau-pas (such as mispelling anything).

I'll be honest, the main reason I stumbled upon this site was in searching for reviews on the MR Kermit. I'm glad to see everyone seems so happy with them. I had a bit of a concern, though.

Bare in mind, I have zero experience with any sort of Muppet replicas. I've just always enjoyed the movies and tv shows, and am a huge fan in that respect. I'm a bit wary of the size difference (ie from the poser to the actual puppet). I know that it's only a slight difference, but, what would your suggestion/warning/comment be to someone who was expecting the movie-star Kermit?

As I've been contemplating buying him, I got hung up on the 24.5" height. It just didn't seem right to me. I would even ask random people "How tall do you think Kermit the Frog is?"....after getting a really weird look (since they aren't aware of why I was asking), they all said somewhere in the 30" range.

Well, I'd appreciate any feed back. For now, enjoy your Kermits!

Marty

Nick Holiday

Reaction score
Sorry to post again so soon......but, in regards to my question.....

I don't suppose there's a lucky Kermit-owner that would be brave enough to take his/her picture WITH Kermit, just as a reference scale, is there?

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks again!

Marty

unsinkabletk

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a newbie here but often browse through the forums when looking for puppet expertise. Anyway I have a question. Has anyone dared to convert their MR Kermit into a usable puppet?

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Nick Holiday said:
Sorry to post again so soon......but, in regards to my question.....

I don't suppose there's a lucky Kermit-owner that would be brave enough to take his/her picture WITH Kermit, just as a reference scale, is there?

Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks again!

Marty
Here ya go...

My Name Is Earl Kress Blog Post

:stick_out_tongue:

Davina

Reaction score
ok.. i don't have mine yet, but i don't think it would actually be possible to really convert the replica into an actaul puppet.. there's no sleeve inside for a hand, and the joints and such in the body and the head would probablly get in the way, the internal structure of a puppet and a stuffed anything aren't all that compatable, you'd have to completely disassemble him from the inside out, and if you didn't know what you were doing... would be a rather expensive experiment...

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Davina said:
ok.. i don't have mine yet, but i don't think it would actually be possible to really convert the replica into an actaul puppet.. there's no sleeve inside for a hand, and the joints and such in the body and the head would probablly get in the way, the internal structure of a puppet and a stuffed anything aren't all that compatable, you'd have to completely disassemble him from the inside out, and if you didn't know what you were doing... would be a rather expensive experiment...

oh my! :eek: i wouldnt put a hole in a $200 kermit rep. but I guess if thats why someone is buying it for then, good luck. it just may turn out cool! :smile: but i STILL wouldnt do it...unless i had an extra $200 to spend then maybe i would buy another one and TRY to make it into a puppet.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Kermieuk said:
Hi Guys,

Here is another pic of when I met Kermit, this one shows him in full body with legs, you can see how big he is in comparison to me, I am 5 foot 8". When I get my replica I will take a similar pic. I was actually surprised how small the actual Kermit puppet is??

Chris
He's very small. Think about it. His head is just slightly larger than a hand. A large hand, but a hand nonetheless.

:stick_out_tongue: