1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Christmas at Muppet Central

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Phillip, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We’re getting ready for the holiday season. Christmas will be arriving at Muppet Central the Friday after Thanksgiving. We’ll be rolling out several features to make your Christmas merrier and more Muppety.

(1) Christmas Music – Beginning after Thanksgiving, we’ll start our annual Muppet Christmas Music Marathon on Muppet Central Radio. More than 225 Christmas tunes can be heard non-stop through Christmas. We've added some new songs this year. You can listen to Muppet Central Radio 24 hours a day.

(2) Christmas Menus - Our annual Muppet Christmas menus will begin arriving this Friday as well and will continue leading up to 2010. All of these animated menus are beautifully designed by James Carroll. The menus will be changing every few days and can be viewed from the Muppet Central home page.

(3) Christmas Presents - In order to make finding Muppety gifts easier, you can shop through our Muppet Central Store or buy any item directly from Amazon.com. Check it out for lots of Muppety releases and specials. Find a Muppet gift for every frog, pig or bear on your list. Begin your Christmas shopping today.

With the struggling economy, we’d like to mention that by purchasing any item from Amazon.com through Muppet Central, you greatly help us keep the site, radio and forum running every day and every month. We have some exciting things planned for 2010 and by doing your Christmas shopping through Amazon you can help us have the resources to do even more next year.

You can also help support MC by customizing your very own Muppet Whatnot or buying other toys through this link from FAO Schwarz.

(4) Forum Upgrades - We are planning on making some major upgrades to the forum which will begin to be rolled out in early 2010. These upgrades will require new software and updates to our server.

In order to pay for these additional expenses, again we really need every member's support by making any purchases from these links to Amazon, FAO Schwarz and eBay. Thanks in advance to everyone for your help.
  2. Phillip

The first holiday themed menu, "Muppet Family Christmas", is now on our home page.
  3. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

YAY! Christmas at Muppet Central is the best! I just have one problem. Too many people are listening to Muppet Central Radio and I can't listen unless I become a member or there's less people listening. ):
  4. Phillip

There are several listening slots open right now. Keep on trying, you'll get in.
  5. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Cool! I love Christmas and I love listening to Christmas music all through the year! Mixed in with Muppets, it's just all the better.:)
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Christmas at Muppet Central is always a fun time! I'm already really enjoying the new menus, and noticed that they changed the pics on the main page, and I think that is a nice touch.
    I can't wait to see what other updates are going to be taken place over the next few weeks and months. Are we going to be getting any new smilies?
  7. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Every holiday, you seem to outdo yourself with the website Phil. Merry Chrsitmas and Happy Holidays 2009. ;)
  8. Phillip

The second holiday themed menu, "Muppet Christmas Carol", is now on our home page.
  9. Luke

Luke Active Member

Christmas isnt Christmas with the things at MC especially the radio and menus. Its fab, thanks!
  10. Phillip

The third holiday themed menu, "Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas", is now on our home page.
  11. Katzi428

Katzi428 Well-Known Member

Hi Philip!
    Every year I look forward to the Christmas music here on MC and you have never let me down! Even though a few people are no longer with us (Jim Henson,Will Lee,Northern Calloway) it's still comforting to hear their voices.
    Happy Holidays to you,Cindy & the rest of your family!:)
    Kathy
  12. Phillip

Here's a little Christmas gift for everyone. Today, we've added another 25 Christmas tunes to our holiday rotation bringing the total Muppet holiday track total to over 250.

You can listen to Muppet Central Radio 24 hours a day here…

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/
  13. zns

zns Well-Known Member

For some reason, every time I log into the station it always says that it is full. This afternoon when the music finally started, it shut off and the message came up. How does that happen? :confused:
  14. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Simple... You got ziffled in logging in. It's happened to me too. Good thing I have another favorite station to listen to when that happens. :zany:
  15. Phillip

The fourth holiday themed menu, featuring selections from "Muppet Christmas Carol", is now on our home page.
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I love the Muppet Christmas Carol menus! they look so dark, and yet Muppety, just like Muppet Christmas Carol.

Are we going to have a Letters to Santa Menu?
  17. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I've always loved coming here around these years. Thanks for all the christmasy sprit Phill! *hugs and hand shakes*

Edit: That would be awsome too see a new Muppet Christmas Menu. Great idea Dwayne!
  18. zns

zns Well-Known Member

Muppet Central Radio is still doing it to me. Not that many people can be listening to it at the same time. :mad:
  19. Phillip

The station has been maxed out of the free listener spots during much of the holidays due to the extremely high demand. There are a few things you can do however…

1. Go to the Live365 listener page and frequently refresh every few minutes. When the speaker icon is yellow and doesn’t say VIP logon and listen.

2. Sign up for a free 5-day trial of Live365’s VIP program. You’ll get a nifty desktop app, higher-quality audio, no ads and instant access to any station 24/7.

3. Wait it out… by the end of the week and early next week as more folks begin their Christmas break the listener numbers will likely go down a little bit if past years are any indication.
  20. helenmarieweb

helenmarieweb New Member

This all sounds good.