Your Thoughts: Christmas at Muppet Central

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We’re getting ready for the holiday season. Christmas will be arriving at Muppet Central the Friday after Thanksgiving. We’ll be rolling out several features to make your Christmas merrier and more Muppety.

(1) Christmas Music – Beginning the Friday after Thanksgiving, we’ll start our annual Muppet Christmas Music Marathon on Muppet Central Radio. More than 285 Christmas tunes can be heard non-stop through Christmas. We've added quite a few new songs this year. You can listen to Muppet Central Radio 24 hours a day on Live365 and Radio Terra.

(2) Christmas Menus - Our annual Muppet Christmas menus will begin arriving this Friday as well and will continue leading up to 2012. All of these animated menus are beautifully designed by James Carroll. The menus will be changing every few days and can be viewed from the Muppet Central home page.

(3) Christmas Presents - In order to make finding Muppety gifts easier, you can shop from the official Muppets store or buy any item directly from Amazon.com. Check it out for lots of Muppety releases and specials. Find a Muppet gift for every frog, pig or bear on your list. Begin your Christmas shopping today.

With the struggling economy, we’d like to mention that by purchasing any item from Amazon.com through Muppet Central and any item from eBay through Muppet Central, you greatly help us keep the site, radio and forum running every day and every month. By doing your Christmas shopping through Muppet Central you can help us have the resources to do even more next year. Thanks in advance to everyone for your help.

You can also help support MC by customizing your very own Muppet Whatnot or buying other toys through this link from FAO Schwarz.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our annual Muppet Christmas Music Marathon is now underway on Muppet Central Radio. From now through Christmas day, we’re playing the best Muppet Christmas music of all time. As you celebrate the season listen to Muppet Christmas music from the past 40 years.

You can listen to Muppet Central Radio 24 hours a day on Live365 and Radio Terra.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The first holiday themed menu, "Muppet Family Christmas", is now on our home page.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I love Muppet Christmas music! And I've always adored the holiday menus.

And for the record, if anyone uses Radio Terra to listen to the radio, you're going to be listening to the VIP Stream instead of the free one. There's no money involved, it's just that the songs you hear won't be shown on the Radio page (unless you switch it to VIP Stream).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Love the MC Christmas music, I look forward to it all year, lol.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
It's great that MCR's playing Muppet Christmas music, but still with a sprinkling in of the promos and soundtrack from the new movie, kind of how Emmet Otter's soundtrack gets sprinkled into the regular rotation every November to get us ready.

But what's even greater is how MCR keeps surprising me with new Christmas additions. Notable this turn are:

You finally got the Sesame Street Christmas Carol CD Sampler which I remember being asked for.
Silver Bells with SNL intro by Jeff Bridges and Cookie Monster.
We Dig Winter Holidays from Wilson and Ditch, that took me by surprise.
Always fun to sing the Cryptkeeper's version to the instrumental tune of Good King Wenceslaus.
And a real gem, The Dead Hensons' version of Riverbottom Nightmare Band from their farewell concert on what will be two years this coming Friday, December 4.

Thanks for this Phil, keep up the excellent work you do on the site/forum/station. :electric:

ArtVandelay

Reaction score
On the homepage during this time of year, occasionally the following picture will show up for Muppet Radio:

If you save it, the file name is A Muppet Family Christmas. Was this picture originally from the album? More importantly, does anyone have a decently sized version? The bigger the better.

Thanks for the help :wink:

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe this picture came from a box of Christmas cards produced by Hallmark. Can't remember what year but it had to be early 80's or late 70's because that's an early Piggy there. They were small cards though, like the size of thank you notes.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Phil, wanted to ask you something that's been bugging me about MCR's Christmas music marathon.

There's this one song that plays at times that you have to look out for because it plays fast and it plays quick and it's never listed in the displayed tracklistings at the station page.
There's one line of dialogue towards the end I've managed to understand as "the presents are beginning to arrive."
It makes me think this might be a clip of Kermit the Troubador from Tales of the Tinkerdee, but that's just a guess since as I said, it's never listed.

Any answers? :skeptical: