Your Thoughts: Dinosaur Train

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think that was ever said in the theme song, sorry.

oldschool

Reaction score
Well, like I said, I am either getting hard of hearing or my kids make too much noise. Thanks for the reply.

Yorick

Reaction score
I never saw it until recently, so I wouldn't know about a lyric change - but I do agree it's a cool song!

And a nice message that he's accepted by the mother dinosaur! Very heart-warming, when you think about it.

Very sweet when she takes him with them across the sky, too! Mommy won't be able to carry him around forever though, because when he grows up, she won't be able to lift him up at all, nevermind keeping him gripped in her toes!

Najadica

Reaction score
I was very upset when Dinosaur Train interrupted the lineup on PBS, but now I'm hooked, especially with the theme song. In fact, we watch it so much that I was wondering if the theme song has changed since the show started. I thought that it originally said that "We may be different, but we're all God's creatures, all dinosaurs have different features." Now it sounds like "God's" has been omitted. Has anyone else noticed this or am I getting old and hard of hearing (or just can't hear over the babbling of my kids).

I tried to post a response to this, but I don't think it went through, so if it did and it shows as a duplicate, I apologize. But you are correct, I have been watching Dinosaur Train since it first comes on because my son loves this show. The original theme song did say, "we're all God's creatures". I believe they may have taken it out because it offended some people, since there are many religions. I personally liked the original version, but do respect the fact that they changed the theme song to fit everyone.

beau

Reaction score
I don't get to see it often, but I will say this:

This 24-year-old has learned more about dinosaurs from Dinosaur Train than he ever did in school :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Since Dinosaur Train doesn't get talked about a lot on the forum, thought i'd pipe up with some DT love - it took a while for them to roll out a lot of new episodes when they first debuted but now that most of the original run of episodes have aired, i just wanted to throw out that -

THIS IS REALLY A COOL FUN SHOW!

i'm totally digging it much more than i ever thought i would. Unlike a lot of other Henson kids shows, it doesn't have such a strict format (ie - such and such always happens in the first two minutes followed by x for the next minute and y for the next two minutes) and allows the show to be much more fun and the characters (both main and supporting) are all really fun. It's a great companion to Sid the Science Kid since both shows have a great mix of fun engaging characters that totally make you wish you could be friends with and visit outside of the tv screen! (Have i used the word "fun" enough in this paragraph to describe this fun show?)

Though it was initially a little surprising to not hear any of the "usual suspects" providing the voices i *really* like the voice cast and they're largely responsible for making the characters as fun as they are. I'm especially impressed with Gilbert (the Conductor's nephew (i think)) who has the really hard job of making him totally likable and fun when most people would end up making him come across as a know-it-all (which the character is - but the way he's portrayed, he's humble and still fun to be with).

Since i briefly worked at Amazon during the holiday peak season, i had a chance to see the various DT toys that were out there and if i was a kid i would SO want these - there's a variety of stuff out there but the big sellers where the interactive figures of the various characters that say different phrases and can "talk to each other" - Little Boy d.w. would totally want to have playdates with all my Dino friends!

...and i even find those awkward couple of seconds when they fade in to Dr. Scott waiting for his cue to begin speaking with the kids all looking up to him a fun guilty pleasure! Love the running gag of The Point of Fact interupting with a "reality check" ("Dinosaurs did NOT actually have tea parties") and the kids all going "AWWWW!")

I really reccomend checking out the show if you haven't already! Both DT and Sid the Science Kid are really nifty great fun engaging shows that are fully worthy of the Henson name!

Edited to add: It hit me after i posted that what especially makes STSK and DT real winners is that they have that rare quality that Bear in the Big Blue House and Golden Era Sesame Street have in that they all create environments that you get sucked into and are sad to leave when the show's over.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I like Dinosaur Train. I DON'T like that it's Henson's biggest tent pole franchise now.

BorkBork

Reaction score
A female friend of mine is a voice-artist and she is dubbing alot of cartoons here in Sweden. She has done alot of work for Disney and Nikelodeon and was the swedish voice of the spaceship computer in Monsters vs Aliens.

She told me about this new series - Dinosaur Train - she was dubbing and it's now airing in sweden. Ofcourse i support my friend's work so i took a look. That's when i saw that it's being produced by the Jim Henson Company. I told her i was so jealous for her doing work for the Hensons, but also really happy for her. In sweden her charachter's name is Dan. I don't know if the charachter's name is the same in English.

My impression about the series is very positive. It's educating but also entertaining so the kids learn something while they are entertained. It's perfect! Same sort of thing as with Sesame Street. Education and entertainment goes well hand in hand.

Yorick

Reaction score
I don't get to see it often, but I will say this:

This 24-year-old has learned more about dinosaurs from Dinosaur Train than he ever did in school :smile:
I'm with you on that!:wisdom: