1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands Music Festival Sunday August 7, 2016

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Can you picture THIS? :D :sing: :flirt: :cool: :halo:

Fans have been waiting forty years for a live festival performance of Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem and it's finally happening Sunday August 7, 2016 at Outside Lands Music Festival in San Francisco.

The Electric Mayhem's performance is scheduled to begin at 4 PM PST (7 PM EST, 6 PM CST, 5 PM MST). Here's how to watch on-line.

(1) Download the Go90 app from the Apple Store or Google Play for the highest-quality stream.

(2) Watch on the Outside Lands Website on Channel 1 at sfoutsidelands.com.

(3) Watch an alternate stream via AOL available at aol.com.

Following five consecutive sold out years, Outside Lands is officially among the rare festivals anywhere in the world to sell out immediately upon announcement and ticket release.

Watch the show live and let us know your thoughts on this anticipated appearance.

Update: If you missed the show, you can watch the entire Electric Mayhem set here. Also watch an interview with Floyd and Animal here.

[​IMG]

If you saw the Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands please "like" this post and share your thoughts below.

2. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here are some pictures from Outside Lands!

Via TheMuppets on Twitter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Via ElectricMayhem on Twitter:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Via DebbieGoelz on Twitter: Some of the Muppet Wives with the Electric Mayhem.

[​IMG]

3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

The band has legs! :D

That is all.

4. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

Holy cheesecake, that was beautiful.

I managed to record the whole show. Will put it up.

5. BartyBlue

BartyBlue New Member

That was pretty awesome! I love seeing puppets being used and appreciated...

6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

I caught some of it. Thanks JimandFrank. Fantastic finale, with the Choir and lead light design backdrop. If only the puppeteers could of been less visible. Fantastic show!!!

MikaelaMuppet and JimAndFrank like this.
  7. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Loved this!!! And loved i could watch from the UK!
    Was great to see them being performed as full bodies.. A credit to the performers.

Also loved the reference to Bill Barrettas wife Christina while the band were guessing who the song Cecellia was going to be dedicated to :)

ploobis likes this.
  8. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

This was awesome! It was great that most of the songs they sung were songs that Muppets haven't sung before.

9. NLPuppetGuy

NLPuppetGuy New Member

:D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:That was one of the best concerts I have ever seen!!

Stephanie Evjen likes this.
  10. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I only found out about this at the last minute, and missed all but the last 5 minutes or so, but it was awesome!!!

Thank you so much! :)

11. Big Bird Fan

Big Bird Fan Active Member

Loved it! The music choices were perfect and the videos they showed in-between songs were really funny. Hopefully they'll do more live shows.

12. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Okay, now that I've gotten my thoughts together.

Oh man, the puppetry for this event was phenomenal! Everything was so beautifully planned - every guitar strum, every foot tap - I saw Muppets walk - with their lower half clearly visible!

Good thinking throwing in breaks for the puppeteers, and adding in some pre-recorded videos.

This marks - what, the second time Lips' name has been mentioned by another character?

Incidentally, Lips is the one I really couldn't take my eyes off. Again, amazing puppetry.

Also loved the reference to the guys' wives!

The video art design was quite nice.

And of course, the music. Nice that they covered songs the Muppets haven't done before.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  13. Luke

Luke Active Member

They is the Electric Mayhem and they rocked. Loved the cut scenes too.

They should do Glastonbury in UK next.

:D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:

14. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

That was amazing! I finally know what it's like to see your favorite band on the stage for the first time. The puppeteering was amazing, it was just like the Muppets were real. The songs were great and the videos in between were pretty funny as well. I don't know why they've never done this kind of thing before, but I hope they do it again soon.

MikaelaMuppet and Mo Frackle like this.
  15. Muppy

Muppy Well-Known Member

Waits patiently for someone to upload the concert online ... ;)

16. FerGonzo27

FerGonzo27 New Member

Thank you so very very much to Muppet Central for sending out the e-mail that this was coming. I absolutely loved seeing this, it was a dream come true and it lived up to the dream!! I was smiling ear to ear by the time it ended.

17. TwoHeadedLlama

I have to edit and render it first :p

Muppy likes this.
  18. muppetperson

On youtube?

19. TwoHeadedLlama

First I have to trim off the excess footage in a video editor, render it, then upload it. (To Youtube) Might take a bit.

JimAndFrank and muppetperson like this.
  20. muppetperson

Mean while, a small tease of the opening...