1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands Music Festival Sunday August 7, 2016

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 7, 2016.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow! Dr.Theeth really rocked the house. So glad this was not just about Animal but the whole band. The songs where interesting,and a good mix. I was also really happy Floyd and Janice got a solo.

2. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

Got 3 words: AH.MAY.ZING!

JimAndFrank likes this.
  3. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I'll be waiting on the edge of my seat. No pressure! :)

4. ShMuppetgal96

ShMuppetgal96 Member

Well, they mentioned all their wives- I think that was their way of all the guys dedicating the song to the loves of their lives.

Awesome Show!

Muppetlab likes this.
  5. dwayne1115

Yes! I really hope the folks at Disney where watching this. This could very well be a kick-start the Muppet need to get a new album out.

6. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

7. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

Meh, looks like someone beat me to it. They cut off the beginning though, so I'll upload mine anyway.

FerGonzo27 and muppetperson like this.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

FerGonzo27 and TwoHeadedLlama like this.
  9. TwoHeadedLlama

10. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

You should still post yours if it can be seen world wide as go90 cant.

Muppy and Mo Frackle like this.
  11. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

I thought it was great, especially the last song "with a little help from my friends" from the version by Joe Cocker.

My only question is, why wasn't Lips featured in any of the material where the rest of the band were talking in between breaks?

12. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Somebody had to hold the camera, and Lips is pretty good at holding things - notice how his trumpet never leaves his hands. ;)

TheWeirdoGirl and JimAndFrank like this.
  13. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Please post yours. It'll be much easier for those of us who don't wanna go to that website.

Kristine73 and Muppy like this.
  14. TwoHeadedLlama

I finished rendering it, it is now uploading.

FerGonzo27 likes this.
  15. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

This was pretty different and lots of fun to watch, and I like that they didn't just limit the band to songs they performed in previous Muppet movies and shows. The Muppeteers did a great job as well.

16. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

Seriously, why doesn't The Electric Mayhem have an album? This was fantastic!

FerGonzo27 likes this.
  17. FerGonzo27

FerGonzo27 New Member

I'll second that! Heck, they could just release the audio from this performance as their first album and I'd be thrilled!

18. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Wow that was amazing, I wonder how great it would have been watching it live, like how they started with the classics, Can You Picture That.

19. ftnpro

ftnpro Member

That was very cool. I actually liked that you could see hints of the puppeteers- this is live puppetry after all, and the human touch is what sets it apart from, say, animation. I only wish it could have ended with acknowledgement of the puppeteers. In the Disney era, the puppeteers don't get acknowledged (i.e. the making of footage from MMW doesn't even show them!).

20. dwayne1115

Performer Mike Quinn posted a picture of the performers getting acknowledged on stage.

JimAndFrank likes this.