1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Your Thoughts: Electric Mayhem at Outside Lands Music Festival Sunday August 7, 2016

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 7, 2016.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Floyd was also, he would sometimes sing in his mic and the walk over and share one with Janice.
    To me this was really important for the prefomers especially Bill Mat and David and to some extent Eric, because to me this was them finally really getting into these characters and letting do what they have always ment to do ROCK! I know that Bill has been preforming theeth for a while, but untill recently it has been just one or two words at best. With this they all really got to grab hold of these characters and make them there own.

I want that giant Janice poster someone was waving around at the first that thing was awesome.

tarasis and JimAndFrank like this.
  2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Despite being a huge introvert, I had to spend the entire walk home fighting the urge to dance to the songs.

Boy, did I have fun when I got home!

MikaelaMuppet and FerGonzo27 like this.
  3. dwayne1115

Now if the band could just get some new original songs, and an album.

MikaelaMuppet and muppetlover123 like this.
  4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Yes! That would be awesome. There is obviously a market for it. Even if it was only like 7 or 8 songs better then none

MikaelaMuppet and dwayne1115 like this.
  5. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think their performance here of Can You Picture That was better than the Jimmy Kimmel performance? For that one, Matt and David were still getting the hang of Floyd and Janice and Floyd sounded too soft and Janice sounded too high. But here, they sounded just right.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  6. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    Pig's Laundry likes this.
  7. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

Pig's Laundry and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  8. dwayne1115

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  9. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

If you watch Lips during Ophilia, he does some great things with his legs. And my frog, that was the best concert. It seriously, would only be better if Clifford was back, since, you know, he was part of the Mayhem band when they had their first world tour.

10. TwoHeadedLlama

TwoHeadedLlama Active Member

I never liked Clifford much. Plus, he's not the only muppet to play with the band. Trumpet Girl did for example, even more times than he did.

11. LamangoNumber2

Yeah, but Clifford was there when they world tour'd at Disney's World Showcase. :p

12. JimAndFrank

My Frog, I'm so stupid!

Lips wasn't sitting/posing on an amp! THEY WERE FROGGIN' MONITORS!

How else were the Muppeteers gonna see what they were doing?!?!?!

13. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Besides, Clifford was supposedly meant to be an actual band member, not just a guest, contrary to what the Wiki says. The interview with Arsenio Hall that promoted TMAWDW makes reference to this a few times.
    [​IMG]

14. dwayne1115

Well what about Rowlf?

15. JimAndFrank

I always thought that Rowlf would occasionally jam with the band, but he ultimately has a completely different taste in music. He might go about music differently then them as well.

16. dwayne1115

I've been thinking about the band today. I'm starting to think that newer younger fans relate more to the band and it's members more then they do Kermit and Piggy. More and more young people are getting into music whether just being a fan or playing in a band. Now that the band has done this concert I hope they can do more for their massive fan base.

rocketdave and JimAndFrank like this.
  17. LamangoNumber2

Sucks that he won't get into the band ever again... If they Mayhem does tour, we need people to hold up 'BRING THE PURPLE CATFISH BACK'.
    Rowlf is more his own thing, sure, he'll sit down with the band a few times, especially if Teeth is busy, but he's more classical and country then rock and roll.

Mo Frackle likes this.
  18. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

The cool thing about Janice and Floyd from the concert, we actually know that Janice and Floyd are still together! :D They both said, "I dig you." That's Hippie-language for, "I love you!"

Kristine73 and MikaelaMuppet like this.