Your Thoughts: Emmet Otter DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So, Disney refused to allow Kermits scenes to be included after all? Thats terrible! :mad: I wonder why Disney wouldn't allow kermit in the DVD release. Disney allows for Kermits old scenes to be on Sesame Street. I don't think that Hit! is a major competitor against Disney. It's not like it is Warner Brothers, Nickleodeon or Anime needing to use kermit.

I am surprised that Disney allowed Hit! to keep Rowlfs scenes from Dog City on the U.K. DVD release (why can't it be availible in the U.S?) and I am even more surprised that the Jim hensons Muppets credit in the Fraggle Rock opening was used in the Fraggle Rock first season set and Doing The Things That Doozers Do DVD release. I wonder if Disney will allow Hit! to release the episode of The Animal Show that had Sam The Eagle in it (it would be hard to edit the episode and have it make sense).

I guess we should be thankful that Sesame Workshop allowed Disney to keep the Sesame Street characters in The Muppet Show Season 1 (could they have made a deal stating that Disney can use scenes with Sesame Street characters if Sesame Workshop contineus to include Kermits appearances?). I hope that Henson and Sesame Workshop don't refuse to let Disney use scens from The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years, A Muppet Family Christmas or The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson if Disney ever decides to release those on DVD.

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
I have yet to buy the DVD but I'm excited for a couple of reasons.

-The DVD retails for around 10 dollars... this is one of the cheaper Henson releases I will have purchased in a while. The thing I like about HIT is that they are fairly good with pricing, I hope we see more Henson releases of this caliber in the future with these price tags.

-The new documentary. I'm really excited to see this. This special was revolutionary as far as puppetry went for the Henson company, to get to see footage of how they made this Christmas classic is a privilage I never thought I would get.

I am a bit disappointed about the editing of the Kermit scenes but I suppose if we really wanted we could always take the columbia tristar(?) release and edit it with the new HIT release to have an uncut version.

Question of wonder? Have we seen final cover art or disc art for this DVD yet? I know that as of earlier today Amazon still did not have a photo for cover art.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
EasyBeinGreen said:
I am a bit disappointed about the editing of the Kermit scenes but I suppose if we really wanted we could always take the columbia tristar(?) release and edit it with the new HIT release to have an uncut version.
Kermits final sceen was cut from the Columbia/ tri-Star release, so editing the two DVD releases together wouldn't get you an uncut copy.

EasyBeinGreen

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Kermits final sceen was cut from the Columbia/ tri-Star release, so editing the two DVD releases together wouldn't get you an uncut copy.
well I'll be... I guess it has been a while since I've watched it. I had forgotten that the final scene was cut. My mistake..
:embarrassed:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else but I can't find this dvd anywhere! I have spent the last 2 hours checking every store in the city and it's nowhere. I was so looking forward to watching it tonight too. Guess I'll have to get it online and wait to see it.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
I don't know about anyone else but I can't find this dvd anywhere! I have spent the last 2 hours checking every store in the city and it's nowhere. I was so looking forward to watching it tonight too. Guess I'll have to get it online and wait to see it.
No one check Wal Mart, they sayed "we wont release christmas movies now, its to early" :boo: I was like what the heck!!??!!. I'm gonna make some calls to Target and FYE and Best Buy. If they got it I may run to the city to get it! :halo:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Just order it online, that will save you the time from running from store to store.

My copy is under way, and I'am looking forward to it :smile:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
No one check Wal Mart, they sayed "we wont release christmas movies now, its to early" I was like what the heck!!??!!. I'm gonna make some calls to Target and FYE and Best Buy. If they got it I may run to the city to get it!
Note to ALL @ MC, just got off the phonw with Best Buy...they DON'T have it!!!:eek: :crazy: :boo: I cant find the # for my FYE or Target. Like what you said I may just wind up ordering mine online!

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I checked at Target and Best Buy. Neither had it. My guess is they are saving it for the holidays. :sympathy: :mad: :frown: