Your Thoughts: Emmet Otter Musical

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Emmet Otter musical has now premiered at the Goodspeed Opera House in East Haddam, Connecticut. The show will be performed from today through January 4.

If you're lucky enough to see the show in person, please post a detailed review here. We'd love to hear as much as possible about this anticipated musical. Hopefully more of the music will surface on-line as well.

Here's a great insider's article on the show that's a must read...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2008/120708.shtml

To purchase tickets and view official media, go here...

http://www.goodspeed.org/shows_more.aspx?id=1024

Several songs from the musical sung by Paul Williams ("Alice Keep Dreaming" and "Waterville") are also now playing on Muppet Central Radio during the holidays.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/radio/

Koozbanian Anna

Reaction score
I just purchased tickets to see it on 12/23. I paid a little extra for the VIP package, which gets you really good seats and special Emmet Otter hot chocolate mugs. :smile: I can't wait!

TommyTheMad

Reaction score
I wish I could go to see this.

I bought the DVD and remembered it from when I was a kid. It still brings tears to my eyes at points just watching it.

Even if it was only a tenth of how good the show was, it would be better than most of the Christmas stuff out there.

TeacherLady

Reaction score
My review and experience

It's a tad long and I tend to use a few sweary words on my blog, so please excuse both facts... But here are my review, thoughts, and experiences on going to opening night.

KerMatttheFrog

Reaction score
It's a tad long and I tend to use a few sweary words on my blog, so please excuse both facts... But here are my review, thoughts, and experiences on going to opening night.

TeacherLady: Thanks for a great review that sounded straight from a theater magazine. I really do want to see the show and know its not a terribly bad 2 hour drive for me.

I understand how you felt with Jerry Nelson. I think these Muppeteers DO realize the amazing connection their work has to their fans. Don't beat yourself up about it. Deep down inside Jerry has to know that your request for an autograph was based on years of appreciation for his work. I doubt he was upset at the minor inconvenience.:sing::batty:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Very nice review! I live a little more than an hour from Goodspeed, and have seen a few shows there. Gaaah! I would have loved to have been there opening night!:cool:

Several shows were birthed at Goodspeed before heading to Broadway, including Annie and Man of La Mancha.

TeacherLady

Reaction score
Very nice review! I live a little more than an hour from Goodspeed, and have seen a few shows there. Gaaah! I would have loved to have been there opening night!:cool:

Several shows were birthed at Goodspeed before heading to Broadway, including Annie and Man of La Mancha.
Wow, that's pretty impressive since both of those are pretty big shows... What a charming theater. I tried to admire their two Tony awards but my daughter had disappeared around the corner and I didn't fancy hearing anything go "crash-tinkle-tinkle".

One other thing, the merchandise (while limited) was actually quite reasonably priced, which was a big plus I forgot to mention.

FaerieLuna

Reaction score
Just awesome!

I drove six hours to see the musical and it was worth every minute as well as every penny I spent on the tickets for my husband and I. Words can't describe the joy I felt at reliving one of my favorite memories from childhood. Back in the days before VCRs and TIVO, I would wait in anticipation for it to come on HBO every Christmas and would watch it as many times as I could catch it during its holiday run. After all these years, I still remembered all the song lyrics and still had tears in my eyes during "When the River Meets the Sea." The cast gave a stellar performance I thoroughly enjoyed. I hope it becomes a yearly event!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, what a great opportunity for Henson to release an Emmet-Otter Musical DVD and/or CD for those of us who can't make it.