Votes: 10 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven't seen the movie yet

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Collgoff

Reaction score
Since the movie Finding Dory just came out this past Friday doesn't mean we can't talk about our thoughts of the movie.

Please tell us about your thoughts of the movie, If you like it or not.

Thank you and enjoy!

Mynameisdean

Reaction score
I'm going to see it this week, I hope, and I want to see a good movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While I have issues with how sequeling is going on in Hollywood today, and the fact that sequeling well over ten years later feels totally unnecessary, I already had reservations about FINDING DORY; not only that, my other concern was that while Dory certainly stole the show in FINDING NEMO, could she pull off her own movie? But, much like FINDING NEMO, FINDING DORY was mostly an ensemble piece, so while Dory may have been the main focus, there were plenty of other characters who were able to counterbalance her focus.

Now, as for my overall impression of the movie - given that it's been so long since the original FINDING NEMO, and considering what white noise sequels are today, FINDING DORY did, IMHO, lack the charm that made FINDING NEMO the great movie that it was all these years ago . . . but that's not to say FINDING DORY isn't good, because it actually is, very much so: like most of Pixar's movies, it had both humor and heart, in that it was funny when it needed to be, and heartfelt when it needed to be. Emotions ran high at the theater: people were laughing when things got funny, people were murmuring when things got tense, and heck, the whole theater actually broke into applause when
Dory and Hank drove the truck past the police barricade, off the road, and into the water

As for the new characters introduced, I really liked them, they all served their purposes - as I mentioned with the humor and heart, the ensemble characters like Destiny, Bailey, the sea lions, and the otters were the source of humor, while Dory's parents were the source of heart. As for Hank the octopus, I have to ask:
did anybody else besides me suspect Hank was going to turn out to be a villain? I honestly don't know what, but my initial reaction to seeing him was that he was going to foul up Dory's quest to find her parents in some way for his own gain, but it turns out that he actually was a really helpful friend to her, albeit if he was grudgingly so.

And, wow, while the original FINDING NEMO has certainly aged well (sadly, can't say the same for the original TOY STORY, which looks sadly primitive today), I'm amazed at how much more advanced the animation looked in FINDING DORY: more little details were present on characters, such as Dory's freckles, or Marlin and Nemo's fins and such; and the scenery and surroundings, they were amazingly life-like, very impressive. If it wasn't for the characters themselves, you'd think this is live action.

Finally, one more little fun nugget:
during the end titles, there were voice credits for the Tank Gang from the original movie, even though they were nowhere to be seen in this movie . . . that is, until after the credits roll, and we find them still rolling in their plastic baggies filled with their own waste . . . how they managed to survive in those bags for a year is beyond me, but it was a really funny throwback to the original.

So, in conclusion, as I said, while FINDING DORY lacks the charm that FINDING NEMO had, it's still a really great movie with a lot of humor, a lot of heart, a great ensemble of fun characters, spectacularly wonderful animation, and just an all-around feel-good atmosphere. Definitely worth a look-see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thing I kinda wish I could have done before the movie was to check out Boom's sort of official comic book sequel "Losing Dory" for similarities. Read their Monster Inc sequel, and rather liked it.

I really think they did a good job, and this is one o their better sequels. They managed to find a plot similar enough to be a logical continuation but took it in a different direction enough to not be a rehash. They gave a goofy character trait in the first film a more dramatic spin, and they once again put out a quality project. I liked it more or less than the first one, things were not "better" or "worse" but rather different.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Funny thing is, Dory's dad and I have the same shaped forehead, lol.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I went to see this with my 8 year old nephew and my parents and we all Loved It! As the critics are all Saying. "PIXAR DID IT YET AGAIN THEY HAVE AN INSTANT CLASSIC ON THERE HANDS"! The only Pixar movies I did not like so far is Cars and I only watched part of Cars 2 but it looked bad as well but probably not as bad as the critics made It out to be. I loved all the Toy Story's and I have them all on Blu-Ray and they look great! I liked Both Monsters Incorporated movies Monsters U I liked even more then the first one! and may be because my nephew was such a big Fan of Brave and as my sister said and she has 2 girls of her own, "they don't make enough Pixar movies for girls" last years Inside out was great and I really Liked The Good Dinosaur and so did my entire family!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm usually really good at seeing Pixar movies, however, somehow, everything from UP to THE GOOD DINOSAUR (except for TOY STORY 3 and BRAVE) I've missed. It's like as I've gotten older, I've become less of a spectator, and I don't usually go the movies unless it's something I really, really want to see . . . other times, there's occasions where I'll want to see something, but never get around to it for whatever reason (can't afford it, not in my local theaters, what have you), and when that happens, it's like I lose interest altogether and it leaves my mind - that happened with that Pirates movie Aardman made.

The only Pixar movies I don't care for so far are A BUG'S LIFE (which isn't bad, it's just not as good as their others) and the CARS movies.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I'm usually really good at seeing Pixar movies, however, somehow, everything from UP to THE GOOD DINOSAUR (except for TOY STORY 3 and BRAVE) I've missed. It's like as I've gotten older, I've become less of a spectator, and I don't usually go the movies unless it's something I really, really want to see . . . other times, there's occasions where I'll want to see something, but never get around to it for whatever reason (can't afford it, not in my local theaters, what have you), and when that happens, it's like I lose interest altogether and it leaves my mind - that happened with that Pirates movie Aardman made.

The only Pixar movies I don't care for so far are A BUG'S LIFE (which isn't bad, it's just not as good as their others) and the CARS movies.
I was born In 1981 so by the Time I saw Toy Story In 1995 I was already a Teenager so for me It wasn't something that was Like oh my god that Is for kids. All my nerdy friends In High School were into Toy Story and now I am A Pixar Fanboy!!! I have seen them all and The only ones I don't like are the Cars ones. I also love Disney Animation Studios like Wreck It Ralph, Frozen, Big Hero Six, and I recently saw Zootopia and Loved IT AS WELL!!!!!

and I cant wait for Moana !

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dory crossed the one billion mark worldwide.

Hope this means if this gets another film, we'll either get one explaining why Hank hates the ocean so much or follows the stories of the tank gang.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hank definitely needs a backstory now, it wouldn't surprise me if we ended up with some sort of a sidequel about him.