Your Thoughts: Forum Ads

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We’ve made some minor changes to how forum ads are displayed.

For example, the MC Radio now playing graphics have been moved down the page to appear around every seven posts. In addition, we’ve added a rotation script so that you’ll also see promotional links for products from our store and Master Replicas. We’ll change this content out from time to time to highlight different areas of MC or special new releases. We’ve also made the forum a little bit wider to accommodate these changes and decrease scrolling.

If you experience any problems, please post in our feedback forum. Thanks in advance for your understanding. As always, a great way to show your support of Muppet Central is by purchasing any products through these links.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for keeping us updated Phil. Personally, I prefer having the graphic and link for MC Radio at the top of every page of a thread, be it a single or multi-paged one. Makes it easier to find and access, having it before the first post that way.
Also, not sure, but shouldn't the items announced as "Coming Soon" be dropped as soon as they've been released, like the various DVD's?
Just a few thoughts. Keep up the great behind-the-scenes work.

Luke

Reaction score
I would go with the Count, i was finding that top link useful, a great help in seeing what was playing. I think mid down might look a bit intrusive and not as neatly positioned.

Saying that, it now isn't showing up at all here, and the bottom ad banner is just blank most of the time as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, first of all, I see this has increased the forum width even more, which I like, because now, the text box for replies and new posts aligns perfectly with the rest of the table.

My only thing is the ads make the forum look a bit "unprofessional" to me... I mean, this is an official Muppets/Henson website, and most official websites don't have ads because they don't need them.

But that's just me.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider adding the MC Radio banner back to the top if that's the placement you all prefer.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Thanks Phill. Actually, the radio graphic wasn't showing for me either, so I'm glad you're considering putting it back.
:smile:

Actually Snowth, I don't think this is strictly an "official" sight. I might be wrong, but I think in order for it to be "official" Phill would have to work for the JHC or Disney. Therefore, the adds do help in providing funding for the site.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that's right. We're an unofficial fan site even though we have relationships with the respective official companies represented.

Luke

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I'll consider adding the MC Radio banner back to the top if that's the placement you all prefer.
Phillip, it's not on here at all. IE7. I can't see the ads anymore either, i thought they looked fine when they were showing up though.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now the ads appear after seven posts in a thread. So you should see an ad after post #7, #14, #21 etc. in each thread. And as you requested, I'll add the radio banner back to the top of the pages later today.

Luke

Reaction score
Yes radio banner back at top, but no ads.