Your Thoughts: Forum Re-organization

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The next stage of forum re-organization is going to be rolled out today. This will be a major change as there will be multiple new forums and sections.

Since the Muppets are now owned by three different companies, you will notice that the forum now has three separate main sections for Disney, Henson and Sesame Workshop with the various subsections below each category.

More changes will be coming for "Puppetry" and "General Discussion" in the near future.

Please let us know your feedback on these updates.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I still don't like the fact that the Muppets are owned by Disney of all companies! But oh well. It's not like I have a billion dollars to spare....

ryan

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Everything's been thrown around. I don't know where I'm going anymore.

Luke

Reaction score
Honest? I think it's awful. Way too many forums makes it look cluttered and like an endless maze. Most of the time people generally have no idea or don't care who owns what so it seems pointless to group the properties by company and it only complicates things. Majority of people are 'Muppet World' fans (ie:- into all the different brands) so to do a different forum for say Fraggle Merchandise and Muppet Merchandise might seem like it is helping people get to one place quicker but actually it's making them do more work to see everything they want. I think a lot of people will be confused as to where to put what in a lot of cases and some of the categories seem unneccasary. I would have said (aside from the additions to fun & games) if it wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
I still don't like the fact that the Muppets are owned by Disney of all companies! But oh well. It's not like I have a billion dollars to spare....

ryan
Oh gosh will ya stop? lol :stick_out_tongue: any ways... I love it Phil keep up the GREAT work and i just love how you have them by company now! very well done! :wink: *2 thumps up*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, a while ago I was going to suggest a seperate section for Classic Sesame Street, looks like Phil just read me mind!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Good job Philip, it looks great! :smile: It takes a little getting use to, but I know it will make these forums even easier to use and find stuff. Keep up the great work!

My only suggestion is aside from the "Muppet Headlines" in the Disney section, a "Henson Headlines" in the JHC section to talk about news outside Disney (such as Henson company, Creature Shop, HIT, Fraggles, Farscape, ect.) Just a suggestion. :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
I am getting used to it somewhat but 25 forum folders does seem somewhat excessive. Just seems very Disneyfied to me, very much like Laughingplace so i'm not suprised the little Disney freaks will love it. It comes to a point when Muppet Central has plastered the Walt Disney Company's name all over the Muppets even before Disney do themselves. Don't get the 'Parks' forum either - they have a small presence in like two parks and last i heard there were no plans to expand this on any major scale anytime soon. Is that really needed yet?