1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Complete Series Collection

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Phillip, Nov 1, 2008.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

We just received Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series. From the 96 episodes to the exciting new bonus features, you’ll want to read our review of this anticipated release.

Since most of us will be getting this release, we'd like to mention that if you order Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series from Amazon using this link above, a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on the DVD set with a low-price guarantee with free shipping. We greatly appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

Let us know what you think of Fraggle Rock: The Complete Series.
  2. zns

zns Active Member

Wonderful review Phil, you always know the right thing to say. Despite HIT's decision to release the show in this format rather than another individual set, it is still a highly prized treasure for any Muppet fan. I will definately put this on my Christmas list. I do still plan to keep the original three seasons sets as collectibles though, but all in all, everything looks super. Once again, wonderful to see that review Phil. God Bless you. :smirk::busy::excited:
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

DOWN WITH COMPLETE SERIES SETS/COLLECTIONS OF SHOWS THAT LAST LONGER THAN TWO SEASONS!

:halo:
  4. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Great review, now I really wish I had some money lying around. I should buy this, and the artwork looks amazing.
  5. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Well...read the review and unless i managed to somehow gloss over it, i notice there was no mention of the Red Fraggle short that we heard would be included...did it not make it onto this collection?
  6. Phillip

No, it came out a few months ago that this wasn't completed in time to make the duplication date. I'll add this to the review though as it may not be common knowledge for everyone yet that this wasn't included.
  7. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

Man, it's christmas coming early for any Muppet fan of that show, myself included. :excited:
  8. Phillip

9. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Thanks for the review, Phillip.
  10. zns

zns Active Member

11. zns

zns Active Member

What about the alternate U.K. openings that were said to be included? Are they still on the set?
  12. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Thanks for the review! Hopefully I can get it for Christmas, and then donate my previous sets. :)
  13. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

That would be great- donate the Fraggle Rock DVD sets to your local library- so us poor people that can't afford to buy them all can get them from the library.:D:coy::wisdom:
  14. heralde

Heck, I'm not sure if I can afford this one. I may have to rely on the kindness of relatives, hehe. But the library is a good idea, I wish more libraries had full box sets instead of single DVDs.
  15. Luke

Luke Active Member

Thanks for the great review and gettin it up so fast. The set looks lovely, but yes, big dissapointment the new Red short wasn't on it. I hope we still see it soon.
  16. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I like the binder idea and the sculptural outside rock formation. I gather that this 3D logo is part of the binder itself and that there's some sort of thin plastic cube-like shell that snaps over it to protect it. That's why the pictures make it look flat. Is that what we're seeing here?

I really like the space management. This is less of a brick and more of a slick portable device. It's a great addition, but they really should have given the supporters a choice. I like the poster, but have seen it printed in Muppet Magazine. It still feels that something is missing from this set, but it is a good treatment. If this were the only Fraggle DVD set they released I'd give it a 96% score. The menus could be better and some of the graphic imagery could be stronger. What's with the green grass all over the box? Oh, well. I am excited and will pick this up in a few weeks in order to diffuse their initial sales figures.
  17. heralde

Good call! ;)

The descriptions of the last day of shooting and wrap party sound just like what I was hoping for. They have always been generous with special features, which is appreciated. :)
  18. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

The set looks awesome! I never watched much Fraggles growing up, but I got the 1st season for Christmas last year and I loved it.

I'm glad I held out on buying the other seasons though, I won't mind getting the complete series (I put it on my wishlist... I'm hoping I get it for Christmas lol).

I do feel bad for the fans who did buy seasons 2 and 3 though... I mean without you guys they wouldn't have gotten this far with the DVDs, it seems like kind of a slap in the face :sympathy:
  19. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

20. heralde

Yeah that was definitely Richard Hunt, who btw would have been 10 years old in 1961, hehe. That must have been awkwardly humorous for Jim, hehe. ;)