Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock DVD

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
jeremyactor said:
I got my copy last night at Wal-Mart... looks good, however I don't like the way they merged episodes 1 and 2 together... they made it 1 big episode.
I could see that coming. :boo: :rolleyes:

jeremyactor said:
I also seem to have found a small problem - on the bonus episode, the mouth movement of EVERYONE is way off... I think the audio and video aren't lined up correctly - anyone else see this problem? It could be my player, but the other episodes were fine...
Is this problem very evident during the songs in that episode?

There's a similar problem on the Disney Treasures DVD set "Mickey Mouse in Living Color Vol. 2" - the sound on "Runaway Brain" is WAY off-sync. I don't have that set, but that's what I've heard, from reliable sources.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I have three questions about the DVD. I haven't been able to get one yet, their are no Wal-Marts real close by me.

:smirk: Are their menus, if so what do they look like? (post screen grabs maybe)
:zany: Is the Pingu episode (or the show for that matter) any good?
:excited: Are their subtitles/closed-captioning?

Oliver

Reaction score
Episodes 1 & 2 are merged???

Can I get confirmation on that from anyone else cause if so that's ridiculous!

Hit! would have to be seriously clueless to do a thing like that, are they still unaware of their consumer fanbase, cause I don't know many folks who have taken well to supporting studios who edit a show's release context in such a way... certainly not enthusiasts of the DVD medium, nor fans and preservationists of the series - it seems so far that Hit! appears to be quite negligiant in such regards.

This started out as "test" (so say random messgaeboard posters as such has never officialy been stated) with 2 episodes, it's since turned into 3 episodes and a Pingu short, and now it seems to be 2 episodes edited into one another with audio timing glitches in the 3rd...

I know I definitely will NOT be buying if this is the sort of treatment that Fraggle Rock will continue to recieve. I'll go with the R2 sets from Columbia instead...

Someone please verify this, because I'd like to contact Hit about this!

SillyRed

Reaction score
I hope my Wal-Mart carries it on the 27th of July.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ahhh... so it IS only at Sprawl*mart.... No wonder why Target and Best buy.... and Suncoast... and Boarders... and everywhere else I checked had none.... The closest Wal*store is all the way on the Highway.

Shame Best buy didn't pick up the option. I mean, who wants a magical, memorable 80's television show, adored by millions when you can sell 30 copies of unwanted "Cat in the Hat" DVDs, a movie with unanimous bad reviews from critics....

Missy

Reaction score
My husband (yup, got married while I've been away from the board) picked up the DVD for me yesterday morning and I noticed the audio problem too - especially before Gobo reads his postcard to Red - the voice isn't even the same! It's much softer and a higher pitch for a few lines of dialogue. Even so, I can't complain...the Fraggles are on DVD!! :smile:

gfarkwort

Reaction score
stupid wal-mart *shakes fist* the one by me didn't have ANY AND didn't know what I was talking about.........wal-mart.com doesn't have it on their site either :cry: ......*stupid stupid dumba** wal-mart*

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering they're still trying to milk more money out of "Barney the Dinosaur" looooong after the novelty wore off, I don't think that's a terrible mistake.

wembleyfraggle

Reaction score
I asked my WalMart and they didn't know eather, than the lady said, "Ill check the list if you think it really is comming out." She checked and showed me, sure enough it said "Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock DVD/VHS July 27". So I would expect them next Tuesday!

Ty