Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock Season 2

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We just received Fraggle Rock Season 2. Read our review of this exciting release here:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/dvd/fraggle_season_2.shtml

We're now playing ALL of the songs from Fraggle Rock Season 2 on Muppet Central Radio. Something very special you'll want to be listening for is the new version of "Follow Me" which is a tribute to Jerry Juhl sung at his celebration service last November.

Also, if you order Season 2 from the link below, a portion of the order will go back to Muppet Central, helping us keep the site and new projects coming in the future.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000G6BLC4/muppetcentral/

Dance your cares away!

zns

Reaction score
Great review Phil. I must say that i cannot wait for Tuesday to come. The minute I'm done with school for the day, I'm heading out and buying that DVD at Barnes & Noble, seeing as how I have several gift cards for that place.

Anyway, can't wait 'till it comes out. Thansk again .:excited: :smile:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Whoppeee, I just had email confirmation that my order has been sent, as I am in UK I ordered the set from www.playUSA.com It only costs £17.99 and is shipping now to UK addresses with FREE postage too, so anyone else in UK this is a great cheap place to get it. And avoids high postage costs buying it from the USA direct.

Looking forward to getting this.

Thanks for the great review Phillip.

Chris

Frogster

Reaction score
It really looks great. I wonder if they're going to combine seasons 4 and 5, considering season 5 only has 12 episodes.

zns

Reaction score
Frogster said:
It really looks great. I wonder if they're going to combine seasons 4 and 5, considering season 5 only has 12 episodes.
They'll probably have to. If they do, the set will probably be twice the price that Season 1 and 2 is. But hey, who knows? :smirk:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick questions...

How many DVD discs are there in each of the two season boxsets released for FR?
Are all episodes complete? Or have they been edited like what happened with TMS Season 1?
Just wondering to know if it'd be worth to get these now or through some other Muppet trader. Thanks, have a good night.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Count said:
How many DVD discs are there in each of the two season boxsets released for FR? Are all episodes complete? Or have they been edited like what happened with TMS Season 1? Just wondering to know if it'd be worth to get these now or through some other Muppet trader. Thanks, have a good night.
Each box set has five discs. None of the scenes have been cut. Only the Fraggle Rock logo has been altered on some episodes to remove the word "Muppet".

It's definitely worth it to pick up these box sets. It's a decision you won't regret. Fraggle Rock... well rocks.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Count said:
How many DVD discs are there in each of the two season boxsets released for FR?
Each season is a 5-disc set. (4-discs of episodes and 1-disc of bonus features)
The Count said:
Are all episodes complete? Or have they been edited like what happened with TMS Season 1?
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Each of the episodes themselves are complete as they originally aired. No musical numbers, scenes, dialog, or minute of Fraggle fun was cut from the episodes. However there were a few minor tweaks. They are small and have to do with the show's opening theme and titles. I wouldn't boycot this set or hold-out because of them. The episodes are the best they've ever looked and the best you'll ever be able to find. However here are the list of minor changes from the original broadcast versions: [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In Season 1[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], two episodes ("The Terrible Tunnel" and "The Finger of Light") had another Fraggle (Wembley and Gobo, respectivly) proclaiming Boober's regular "Down at Fraggle Rock" line at the end of the theme song. These were part of the original broadcasts, but were changed to the standard Boober for many home videos releases (including this DVD). [/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The original [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Fraggle Rock with Jim Henson’s Muppets” title was changed on 6 of the season 2 episodes to the later "Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock" logo during the theme song.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The on-screen text of the episode title were not at the beginning of the episodes in the first two seasons - however two of the season 2 episodes have them ("Wembley’s Egg" and "Boober’s Dream") due to changes made to the episodes for past home video releases. [/FONT][/FONT]

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
The revies sounds awesome. I will pick up my copy as soon as i can on Tuesday. :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Phillip and GelflingWaldo. Sounds like they'd make fine additions to my library. Will porbably pick them up, just not now. But it'll certainly make for good watching, what with the SS boxset which I'll definitely get, hopefully for either B-Day or X-Mas.

Like Bo would say... Rock like a Fraggle and rule like a Gorg.