Your Thoughts: Fraggle Rock the Comic

Drtooth

Reaction score
Shocked we don't have one of these here yet.

Anyway, I just got this one Yesterday and read it last night and so far, I'm really impressed. Unlike the Muppet show series, we have several different artists in one issue, all doing smaller comics. The first one even managed to sneak in Gobo's Canadian accent (eh?) into the dialogue. And I really like all the contrasting different art styles as well. I also felt the writing was pretty true to character. And HEY! Large Marvin was in the first comic.

I opted to get the Uncle Matt cover.

Anyone else get this yet?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I need to get this and the Muppet Show comics. I suppose I need to buy them online, as I don't have time to go hunting all over the place for a comics shop.

haakonsmary

Reaction score
Thought it was great, each of the artists brought something to it to appreciate. And not only was there a Large Marvin cameo, but a Lou Fraggle cameo too!

zns

Reaction score
Since there are going to be three volumes of this comic, I think I might just wait and see if the create a trade-paper version of this. I'm also still waiting for the trade-paper version of "The Muppet Show: On the Road" and "Muppet King Arthur".

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I've got it and I thought it was great. I think I liked the first art style best, but the others were good too. The second one reminded of the cartoon series and I liked that too. I guess it's just that last one that wasn't really my favorite- but the stories were all good.
Right after reading that, I'd also been going through the Fraggle Rock cartoon series on DVD, so I've been in a Fragglely mood.:excited:
I think I'm going to go through watching the entire live action puppet series next.:coy::busy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm disappointed there isn't that much of a discussion about these here... these are Bonza! I think the second issue's even better than the first! We got an entire Traveling Matt short comic AND an entire short Convincin' John comic/song as well! I tell yah... these are just great. What a time to be a Muppet fan. Great Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock comics coming out.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I haven't had the opportunity to buy number 2 yet. I had kinda hoped I could subscribe to these, but I didn't see where I could. That means I have to wait until I have the time to go to the comic shop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I gotta tell ya. After reading the latest issue, I gotta hand it to them. Due to the magic of not having to build puppets and sets, 2 main sanctions of Fraggle Rock FINALLY met up (to my knowledge). And I gotta say, Archaia needs to pull Amy away from doing just the Muppet Show series. Her cover for issue 3 was brilliant. not that the other wasn't great too.