1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Frank Oz on Today

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

This Tuesday June 8 on The Today Show, Muppeteer legend Frank Oz is scheduled to be interviewed about Jim Henson, the Muppets and the legendary "Muppet Pipes" at NBC Studios.

Watch the interview on The Today Show on NBC and let us know your thoughts.
  2. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Very nice. Kind of short, but I'm very happy to see Frank involved in the unveiling of the Muppet closet exhibit.

I love hearing Frank talk about Jim. And I love his description of the Muppets: "Affectionate anarchy."
  3. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I set up to record this today. Looking forward to checking it out when I go home tonight. Phillip, since this thread branched off from the other one, yes I was wondering if June 8th was chosen for any specific reason to have Frank on.
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Just got through watching and really enjoyed it. Great to see Frank Oz and Jimmy Falon (knowing he's a Muppet fan) unvailly it. just glad to see Frank is still around when you need something Muppety to see.
  5. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

Short and so sweet. I loved it through and through!:super:
  6. analeisa

analeisa Member

This appearance was short but I liked it a lot.:) It's great to see Frank talk about Jim and Muppet memories. "I'm here for Jim and the guys" got me to "aww" out loud.
  7. zns

zns Active Member

I must say that Frank did an excellent job with the interview. It is always wonderful to hear his side of the story relating to the Muppets and his directing career. God bless him.
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

God Bless Jimmy Fallon he is a true Muppet fan, and now I think he should be named a Muppet historian so to speak.
  9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I thought the appearance was pretty good.
  10. Dearth

Dearth Active Member

Anywhere I can find an online version of this?

DN
  11. Muppet Frog

Muppet Frog Member

Wow first Fran Brill and Zoe on CBS News Philadelphia and the 36th Daytime Nomination Party and now Frank talking about the pipes. I like how they're bringing in the Muppeteers for TV interviews again.
  12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

13. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

That was really great thanks for the link!
  14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Toughpigs.com also has Brian Williams interview with Frank Oz posted (and an interview with Jim Henson about the pipes). Brian Williams interview with Frank is so much more emotional. They reintroduce the pipes to Frank. It made me tear up a bit. :sympathy:
  15. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

Did anyone notice that on one of the walls was a flat screen TV in a beautiful gold frame playing the Glow Worm sketch that Jim performed on Jack Paar's show the day he painted those pipes?

Now everyone can see the first appearance of the Classic Glow Worm sketch whenever they see the pipes. :)
  16. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

:sing::super:
    Yes! Indeed!
  17. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i loved it it for many reasons people already said and it was great to see Frank oz again
  18. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

In with the full Brian Williams interview on msnbc.com, there's also an older piece with Gene Shalit re-introducing the pipes to Jim Henson. Nice. :)
  19. Robin

Robin New Member

Brian Williams unavailing the wall to Frank was so wonderful!
    Frank looked as though he was pleasantly surprised by an old friend (Maybe Jim, Don, and Jerry)...It was very, very, nice!
  20. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I watched this as well. It was a nice little appearance and I thought it was very touching how Frank kept mentioning he was there for Jim and the rest of the guys who have passed on.