1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I'm so glad they're bringing these characters back. I can't even begin to express how much I've missed Rowlf. He was always my favorite as a kid, and the fact that he hasn't been around much as I've grown up has been a major bummer. And seeing Scooter front and center puts a smile on my face.
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

------------------
    I was delighted that my suspicions that Segal wouldn't come alone to the show were justified! The song was wonderful -- and I laughed heartily at this exchange:
    Jason: "I believe pigs are sexy!"
    Piggy: (coyly) "Taken!"
    Kermit: "Mmm-HMM!"

Plus, Kermit semi-reviving his early job as a news correspondent for the Weekend Update was cute, even though he was being more opinion-panel than journalist, and I too dislike the whole "Really?" overuse. Still cute. And having the Muppeteers taking their well-deserved applause at the end was great! Was anyone else thrilled when the audience went NUTS as the Muppets popped up behind the piano in the opening? Woo hoooo! :)
    ---------------------
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Rowlf was my mom's favorite muppet as a child from what she said, and this was the early 1960's! Most people forget Rowlf was the main Muppet next to Kermit for over two decades. Wise beyond his (dog) years(and flappy ears), I loved Rowlf's appearance on one of the Cooking With Cat Cora sketches, where he spoofs how he'll take any work he can get(given he hasn't been seen much) There's something so wise, legendary, unspoken and graceful about him.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

The Muppets also got a big gasp and pop on SNL from the audience when they randomly appeared in late 2004 as well as when Kermit surprised cameo'd with Robert Deniro awhile back. I almost think this new movie, as much as Disney is trying to push it to kids, will be mostly college people and adults going gaga for it
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

The fact that they left Animal behind for Scooter made me pretty happy. I love Animal, but it's like people tend to think he's the only Muppet.
    shinycelebi225 likes this.
  6. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

This.

I too love Animal, but it's always sort of bothered me while the other Muppets went into submission he was the only one who stayed on T-shirts and basically stayed a fashion fad.
    shinycelebi225 likes this.
  7. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

of course i did
  8. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Just watched it again...HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN THIS:
    LAND OF GORCH picture and reference from Scooter in the opening ^___^;;
    So awesomely awesome *loves Scred*
  9. RockSTAR girl

RockSTAR girl Member

Ya, the Land of Gorch picture made me happy, I dont think many non hardcore Muppet fans remember Gorch anymore, even though when I hear "SNL" its the first thing I think of lol.
  10. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

I loved the Land of Gorch! SNL writers had a tough time writing good skits for them so some episodes were better than others. But either way, the characters were really funny. I wish they could have lasted longer but if they had, we wouldn't have seen The Muppet Show when we did. :)