Your Thoughts: Jason Segel and The Muppets on Saturday Night Live November 19

ploobis

Reaction score
Jason did a great job on SNL...and the muppet appearances were pretty awesome.

Things I loved:
I loved how Scooter was the one who pointed out that the Muppets have been a part of SNL since 1979.

LOVED during the song when Jason said pigs were sexy and Piggy said that she's spoken for, with a hearty nod of agreement by Kermit!!!!!!!!!!

Loved that Kermit got ticked off both at the beginning and during the weekend update! Kermit is hilarious when he is hopping mad, HA, get it? hopping mad!!!! - I know, totally corny but I had to go for it.

Wish we would have seen more of the Muppets throughout but overall the show was great and Jason was hilarious!
You mean 1975

Don't worry, hopping mad is a worthy joke for the Muppets. :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I kicked my roommate off the TV, and now I'm curled up in a blanket with a mug of hot cocoa. And it's just begun!

Puckrox

Reaction score
Did anyone else see Peter Linz sitting in the audience during the opening bit when Statler and Waldorf made their comments? I'm either crazy or I did... but that's all I've seen so far, so I wouldn't be surprised if Walter showed up. :smile:

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I'm gonna have to watch this online later today. But from what i've read, this sounds like a great appearance.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Agreed with Kermit's statement... When you go to a "Muppet" movie, everyone says, hey, where's the human.
As soon as I heard that I couldn't help think Muppet Christmas Carol.:big_grin:

But really... that opening number is the best thing I've seen in years on that show. And perfectly Muppety. And I like how Scooter was part of the group.... AND how he mentioned Land of Gorch. I guess Walter boycotted the episode because he heard about the horrible treatment of the Muppets the first year of SNL. Glad to see everything's been forgiven with the Muppets since then. Much as I love Dan Akroyd and John Belushi and the original cast, it's refreshing to see a group that actually embraces them.

Heh. I was expecting another one of those sketches where the SNL actors dressed up as them, I'm delighted we got the real thing instead. And the best part was they were quietly added into other segments. Especially the last one with Gonzo and Rowlf in the audience. Glad I watched the whole way through instead of shut the thing off after the Weekend update. Still, I kinda wish the digital short was Andy Samburg and the REAL Swedish Chef getting into a fight over the fact he doesn't say Bork all the time. But fun episode. And some of the sketches actually were kinda funny... well some of them. The Family Guy cutaway-esque "Andre the Giant chooses a flavor of ice cream" bit and the 1990's Time Life commercial (only because I still remember that music and caught all the references), anyway.

What the heck was up with the family French kissing food to each other?:confused:

Frogster

Reaction score
It wasn't a bad episode, even when you don't consider the Muppet spots. I love when the entire cast of SNL does a sketch where they all do celebrity impersonations, so I loved the Kelly Ripa auditions sketch. Loved that Segel got to do his impersonation of Andre the Giant like he mentioned on Leno. I also loved "A New Jack Thanksgiving" with all of the so-called Motown singers doing horrible songs. And yeah, most people don't like the Vogelcheck's sketch where the family makes out (believe me, I get it), but I think it's kinda hilarious. Personally, I think Fred Armisen should have left years ago; he's just not funny at all to me. There were definitely one or two sketches where I was like... "Hmm... should've went with a Muppet bit."