1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kermit on Ellen November 9, 2011

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Wednesday watch Kermit the Frog on The Ellen Degeneres Show. Check local listings for times in your area.

After you see the appearance, please share your thoughts here.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That was pretty cute. The audience response when Kermit said that if the film did good, that would mean more projects was a very good sign. Nice to know that Kermit's elaborating on his relationship with Piggy instead of just making goofy comments about it. Just what I like to hear. He loves Piggy, but is turned off by her insistence on their relationship.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  3. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

very good! Ive also been waiting a loooooooooooong time for a Muppet (not sesame) to show up on Ellen's show. :)
    Duke Remington likes this.
  4. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Ellen is my new favorite talk show host who has interviewed Kermit because he finally got him to admit that HE LOVES PIGGY!!!!!! YAY, so, so excited!!!

Totally have been waiting for that moment for a long, LONG time!!! so adorable and I'm sure that Piggy will never let him forget it, LOL.

THANKS ELLEN- KERMIT LOVES PIGGY, YAY!!!!!!!
    Fersureitsjess likes this.
  5. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Totally just noticed that I have been promoted from "Member" to "Active Member"!! Sweet!
  6. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

I thought the interview was great! Kermit rules. :)
  7. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Simply amazing. I love both Kermit and Ellen, so this was win win for me.

Fun fact: whats the #1 thing Kermit and Ellen have in common?
    They don't age!

8. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I loved that he went, "Hmm....my arm is stiff". LOVED. Its great how nice and up to date they are culturally as well, catching all the references and zinging them back again.
  9. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

I loved it - Ellen is one of my favorite comedians of all time and I adore her show and I thought it was cute that Kermit (credit to Steve here) was good about saying things like "well I know you're vegan, but my lunch just flies by". I thought they had a pretty good cameraderie, it was an enjoyable interview. And the kiss was cute too.
  10. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

very funny the audience were loving it which is good show people still love kermit chuckled when kermit saw the pic of piggy kissing him and went ooh
  11. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Yeah. I was wondering if he's ever admitted it before or not. I guess this was the first time.

Yeah. I find it strange that though Kermit eats flies he wouldn't want to say anything that would be offensive to them. It sort of reminds me of a line Joey said on "Full House" while imitating Kermit, "I'd never hurt a fly. I may eat one every now and then...."
  12. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

It was fantastic, I loved seeing Kermit on Ellen. Great interview, let's hope the film does well... heck, let's hope it skyrockets!
  13. Walter

Walter Active Member

LOL, that was great! It was nice to see Kermit in a Happy appearance(His WWE appearance felt more chaotic than anything else)
  14. BIGMuppetFan

BIGMuppetFan Member

This was a great Interview,
    I am Fan of Ellen and of course Kermit so both of them together was great!!

I was happy when Kermit said If this is a Hit it leads to more projects which is great!!

I also loved Kermit Dancing at the beginning!!
  15. 12Medbe

12Medbe Active Member

Loved that he admitted to loving Piggy!
  16. Evoulie

Evoulie Member

Did anyone record this? :)
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well, sure, its right here on You Tube.

18. RainbowConnectd

RainbowConnectd New Member

I love it when the puppeteer incorporates things like the height of the couch and the room temperature into interviews. It really makes you believe they actually feeling high up on a coach.
  19. Beth C

Beth C Active Member

I know this is an old thread but I just saw this interview tonight and I squealed with joy when he said he LOVES Piggy!!! I keep playing that few seconds over and over again. He admits it!!! Yay!!!
  20. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

This was pretty awesome! I came across it months ago and have been viewing it repeatedly. Now all we need is for Kermit and Piggy to go on together!

I loved the way the chemistry between him and Ellen was so casual. Most other interviews I've seen have had interviewers over- reacting and making a big deal out of Kermit's presence, which puts pressure on him. I've noticed that Kermit is more open about delicate issues-such as his love life- when people don't make a big deal out of it.

It's no wonder he admitted his love for Piggy. Ellen has a way of getting the impossible out of people. Maybe she could help convince Kermit to finally consider marriage. :)