1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Your Thoughts: Kermit on The Early Show

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Dec 11, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

2. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I just happen to acidently stumble apon it (even though I was aware of it) this moring flipping through the channels and it's aounds like an interesting book! I think I'll have to read it somtime!
  3. Leyla

Leyla Member

Oh! I really enjoyed that appearance! It was a nice long interview, they mentioned "Fridays with Fozzie". When Piggy's name came up, there weren't any really nasty jabs at her, or I didn't think so anyway. It was interesting and, I dunno, it just felt good to me. I might be alone in this, but I think it was the best of the TV appearances in the last week. They talked a fair bit about the book, which is good, because it really IS a good book and well worth buying. They mentioned the Muppet Movie and even showed a clip with Kermit playing his banjo... oh! And they talked about Jim for awhile, which was really sweet.

Kermit: "I don't know what he did, but he was always around, willing to lend a hand."

Anyway... yay!
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well that sounded good, maybe they took the hint. :)
  5. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I really wish I would have seen it. Who did the interview?
  6. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Sheesh. I have missed all of the interviews, but I am glad to hear it was good. What did Kermit say about Jim? He sayed some pretty great things in the book.

RIP Jim. :sympathy:
  7. BradFraggle

BradFraggle Member

This was one of Kermit's greatest appearances. :)
  8. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

9. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

thanks gelflingwaldo!! that was a pretty ok interview...I'm gonna get yelled at for saying this but I don't believe steve deserves to have kermit.
    He does kermit justice in the movies but it's all just rather off....or perhaps I'm just being an old fuddy duddy.:smirk:
    I know it's not fair to say he's not doing a good job I'm sure he's trying but if he really wants to be Kermit he needs to study Jim's Kermit allot more because Kermit allthough just a puppet never came off as one to me in the past and now he does.:cry:
  10. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I thought it was a wonderful interview. That little expresso cup was the cutest little thing. Wonderful talking about Jim like that. It put a HUGE smile on my face.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Well this was pretty nice to watch. :) There have been better interviews, but at least he wasn't mean to Piggy. And I'm glad he mentions Jim so much. Steve did a good job. He actually sounded a little like Wembley at the beginning, hehe.
  12. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

That was good. I really liked it and the little coffee and the kiss. I wished I had that kind of stuff for the ladies. Oh well. Just glad to see another interview of our favoirte frog.
  13. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Yeah, she look liked she really enjoyed that kiss! And Kermits comments were really funnt after that, too, LOL!;) :zany:
  14. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I just saw this appearance, and I thought it was great--the best of the recent bunch. Kermit got to show a lot of personality, and got to really go into detail about the new book. The interviewer did a good job of asking questions that really gave Kermit a chance to talk in more than one-liners.

:)
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I think it's a cute little interveiw. It kept buffering so that was annoying...but Kermit seemed on form as Steve-Kermit to me. Some great lines in the interveiw were:

Re: Jim "He taught me to be ridiculous optomistic."

Re: Piggy "There's blogs out there about you being married to Piggy."

Re: Money "I don't wear clothes, and I don't have clothes."

Re: Friends "You have to be open to new things, some of my bestfriends ARE new things."

Re: Inner Tadpole "My tadpole's writing it's own memoirs."

But...what was with the coffee thing? it was cute, but, what was with it?