1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Phillip, Aug 16, 2002.

1. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Pepe is a distinct possibility for an action figure since Palisades has the rights to Muppets From Space and Muppets Tonight. I'd count on it, "okay". People have been predicting he will come in 2003 or early 2004. :)

And don't worry, I say "y'all" all the time. So now there's two of us!
  2. kansasteen14 New Member

just have to say I dont know if I will see KSY or care to.anyway I really hope the new muppet show isnt made just for kids OR geared towards adults.I hope it's a family show.
  3. danielromens Member

taken for what it is, i.e. a kids movie, I think it was good. as for a movie for adults, well it's a kids movie.
  4. Joggy Member

That's what they said about Muppets Tonight... And ever since, everything they did with the Muppets turned out to be "not what we wanted it to be." I really doubt that this new Muppet Show will be anything like the old one.
  5. Jackie New Member

I think kids deserve better movies than that. :)
  6. Joggy Member

Kermit's Tongue

I'm not sure if it was this thread, but Jackie and some other people stated they hated to see Kermit catch a fly with his tongue, whereas he said in the Muppet Movie "The tongue goes and you can't catch flies."

I've been doing some research on this subject and my conclusion is: you guys should all have to hate The Muppets At Walt Disney World. You actually see Kermit catch and eat some mosquitoes. Okay, you don't see his tongue, but he still catches those bugs!

In a Dutch interview with Bart de Graaff which I sadly do not have, Kermit (and Gonzo!) demonstrated how to catch flies with your tongue, and in a BBC interview that I do have, Kermit gives the following answer when asked how long his tongue is: "It looks small, but when I catch flies it sortta zips out and gets really long. But I won't do that here since some people may find it rude on TV."

So, that's one less reason to hate KSY.

If you'll excuse me, I gotta practice my fly catching. *slurp!* Darn. Missed.
  7. Jackie New Member

Re: Kermit's Tongue

This is why I admire Joggy. He gives reasons and facts! I still hate the fact that Kermit uses his tongue, I probably won't like it in the Muppets at Walt Disney World either :)
  8. Joggy Member

Re: Re: Kermit's Tongue

Uhm... roughly translated, I'm one of those scary, highly obsessed freaks who don't even need to check their video collections to have a fact ready. :D

I still hate the fact that Kermit uses his tongue, I probably won't like it in the Muppets at Walt Disney World either :)

Jackie, think of it this way. If Kermit didn't get his tongue fixed, he would have starved even before he would have left the swamp...
  9. Zack the Dog Active Member

well Jackie here's one more reason to HATE KSY, No, i'm just kidding but here is food for thought.

In the beging of the Muppets go to Walt Disney World kermit is bringing the muppet gang to an anual frog festible and bug fry and there are many other frogs there...Where are Goggle's Croker and bloch? (not even made of felt yet or even in the thoughts of the human minds) but really, i think of it as a family picnic with distent family members cosins "harry,larry,mary,terry,berry, and emmy lou"

this is why kermits mom,dad brother's and sister's and freind's aren't there, plus it's a BIG swamp and there are MANY frogs...

Kermit just opens his mouth to catch the mosquitoes, he can open his mouth can't he? no reason to hate the Muppets at Walt Disney World, besides it's what's he does in TMM! " oh, Darn i missed" besides Dom suggest's that Kermit could get his tough fixed anyways.

and look how the other frogs catch flies, the same way in the muppets at Walt Disney world and in in KSY during the "life as a pet song" in the pet shop the line is,

*Rabbit*"no more getting squooshed on a bumpy road! all the flies you can eat! *Goggles* but what's in it for a toad???"

you can see behind the rabbit and goggles in the tank the other frog's are catching flies the same way, without tougnes, and beside we have to remember that these are muppet puppets not cartoon characters, it's the only way!;-) you don't even see the tougne come out of kermit's mouth in KSY, it's off sreen, so that's kinda cheesy, i mean we DON'T see it come out of kermits mouth at all, it's a rip off!

There are MANY facts to consider here, look at one of the TMS ep's Juliet Prowse...Kermit say's that the first thing to go in a frog are his LEGS! when in TMM he says tougne!

at first i was kinda ticted at the tougne in KSY, but now i have a little more ease with it.

Zack) Rowlf the, do you need your tougne to go bobbing for stink bugs?Dog.
  10. wolfy Member

Kermit and tongue

Oh, I don't know...seems to me that tongue from Kermit would be kinda sexy, don't you think? :p

Okay, okay! Children around, don't get crazy!

While KSY wasn't the best thing since TMM, I will give them some good credit for trying, but I DO agree that the human actors (aside from the children of all things; the adults were B-A-D!) were just horrid!

And that Mr. Wilson...WHERE have I seen him before?

I mean, okay, he reminds me of the crazy helicopter man from Mel Gibson's "Max Mad" movie, but it's not him, right? Just someone that LOOKS like him...

Personally, I feel that the humans should have been (excuse the pun) fleshed out a bit more...

Perhaps if Kermit gave them some tongue lessons? Thirty lashes with a froggy tongue? Whhhhackkkooo!

"What do you do with a froggie tongue? Just WHIP IT (ka-whoo!), yeah, WHIP IT!"

--wolfy--

slinking off before Phillip shoots her with a sticky tongue...
  11. Drtooth Well-Known Member

So, like, what? I should rent it first? I don't have cable, and with some critical reviews here, I think I should take a look at it before I think of buying. I saw some clips in a preview in a Target store, and I don't know quite what to make of it....Nyeah-hey!!!
  12. Sunshineboz New Member

Better to...

Definitely rent before buying!
  13. beaker Well-Known Member

>>>So, like, what? I should rent it first? I don't have cable, and with some critical reviews here, I think I should take a look at it before I think of buying. I saw some clips in a preview in a Target store, and I don't know quite what to make of it....Nyeah-hey!!!

I'd say rent it first. But Shhh! Dont say anything bad about it before ya see it or after, otherwise youll get stomped and flamed by a couple of individuals. It seems expressing any dissent or distaste for something JHC is a big no no on here to some.
  14. BlueFrackle Active Member

Cory,

Its not at all, Theres really just one kinda 'rule' about it.

You gotta see it before you criticize it!

See ya
  15. towels New Member

Re: Cory,

I'd also think constructive criticism is more likely to be respected than jumping forum to forum wailing about how bad it is.
  16. tomahawk Member

Re: Re: Cory,

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAA!!!!!!
  17. beaker Well-Known Member

Well, like many of you I had initial preconceptions of KSY(ya cant tell me ya didnt;) But go to Headlines, as I set the record straight on KSY dvd!

you all can flame me, Im only one of th elongest standing MC members here. But just be forewarned...I have one of the truthful and delightful KSY dvd reviews out there!
  18. EmmyMik New Member

Well, I just got done watching KSY, and basically, I don’t like it. Now it’s been awhile since I’ve been the age of the target audience, but I found it very boring. In the beginning, I loved the interaction between Goggles and Croaker, and I was rather optimistic that this might not be so bad. But then it not only goes downhill, but it flies right off a cliff. It seems like time has stopped, and they’re doing the same thing over and over again. “I give up.” “No, I believe in you.” “Wow! I can do it!” “That’s great, but now I give up.” “No, can’t you see? I believe in you.” Super. I believe in you guys too. Let’s move on shall we? Or do I have to give up first? I can’t remember how this goes (this brings me to another rant that I have. There seems to be some unwritten law that children’s movies and shows have to have no less than 4 “believe in yourself” moments. I’m waiting for “Kermit’s Swamp Years II” where Kermit decides that he’d rather be a lizard and starts hanging out with the wrong crowd. Goggles and Croaker hate Kermit. Kermit gets into trouble and realizes that his friends were right and different people suck, and he should stick with his friends FOREVER and never ever, ever, ever, ever, ever try to make new friends).

Then there were the human actors. I’m not even going to go there.

As for the rest of my review type thing, I have just a few nit-picky things, but I don’t care. I wanna complain (you’d be grumpy too if you felt like you just wasted an hour of your life).

--What time period did this take place? Kermit was supposed to be what, 12? So that makes Kermit now what, 12.5 or 13?

--You guys have great eyes. The only “fan goodies” that I could find was the Henson mailbox (it doesn’t take a genius to find that one) and the sign in the pet shop that says, “Nelson” or something like that. I know there are more. I just don’t want to look THAT hard.

Actually, I had a few more, but I can’t remember them. I just can’t do it! I was not meant for writing reviews! I give up!
  19. beaker Well-Known Member

>>>The only “fan goodies” that I could find was the Henson mailbox (it doesn’t take a genius to find that one) and the sign in the pet shop that says, “Nelson” or something like that. I know there are more. I just don’t want to look THAT hard.<<<

Hey, I like that word, 'fan goodies'! heh Yeah the fan goodies were mostly small background stuff...Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, and Jerry Juhl were referenced, along with Sam and Friends. IT could just be me but I picked up a ton of obscure references and nods. Nobody mentioned it but the two penguins are in it as well!
    (along with retro Statler and Waldorf, Foo Foo, and Tales from the Bunny Picnic Muppets)

The human actors...yeahhh. But oh well. I loved the Muppet segments, the human actors take away from it a little.

But man, what did you think about the behind the scenes and blooper reels? Those to me(along with that GREAT pet store video) are reason enough to get this!
  20. EmmyMik New Member

Unfortunately, I haven't located a DVD yet. What I have is recorded from Starz.

I still want to rent the DVD. Not for the movie, but for all of the the little extra things (because Jackie says that they're great, and Jackie's just right about these things)...