1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: Kevin Clash on Oprah

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Phillip, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

2. vertigo

vertigo New Member

Pretty cool! i thought it would be longer though..
  3. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

I'm wondering will it show in re-runs perhaps? Or will it be re-aired later today? I'm at college right now, and I'm missing it as I type this out!
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It was so awesome! I really enjoyed it, but yes: I felt they could've run longer with Kevin and Elmo, I mean look how long they focused on those other guys?
  5. doctort13

doctort13 Member

Kevin and Elmo were given about 2-3 minutes. Too short a segment in my opinion. You could let Oprah know at www.oprah.com, but you have to register and give your name, address, and shoe size.
  6. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

My favorite quote from that segment: (I taped it, lol!) "Miss Oprah, you don't have a black man walking behind you like Elmo does do you?"
    I also like "hubba hubba" in regards to Diane Sawyer.

Quick question though: don't full-body muppets like Elmo have extra "skin" below the legs to ensure the muppeteer's arm is hidden?
  7. doctort13

doctort13 Member

I believe there are several versions of each puppet to use in various situations and enviroments.
  8. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Well it was nice to see Kevin on the show. Seems with age, his neck has gotten thicker. But overall he looked good.

I have to admit an hour show and they only give Kevin 5 minutes of air time is not cool. But like most interviewers, they haven't a clue what to ask a puppeteer.

Also I don't think it's very professional of Oprah to mention that Kevin is a multi-millionaire and the highest paid Muppeteer ever. A performer's finances should remain private.

To quote Bob Hope: "The quickest way to make enemies is to tell them how much money you have."
  9. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I was dissapointed in the time she gave him. I loved elmo though. I want that puppet!!!
  10. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

This appearance sound horrible so far! Can't believe it's that short!! :mad:

I haven't got to watch it yet, have it saved on my DVR (wife is in control of the t.v. right now :p ). Hopefully I'll get to watch it tonight, and I'm very glad I'll be able to fast forward through the rest of the, what, 57 minutes?

Sheesh. :smirk:
  11. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

NEED MORE TIME! NEED MORE TIME! I liked it. Just Elmo and Kevin need some more time. That was cool that she said that Elmo came during the 80's but they should of talked about how Elmo came to be. He was still in 70's of the show too.
  12. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

I was so dissapointed! It was ridiculously short. She basically said, "Wow, you never do interviews, do you? Wow, you're pretty rich, aren't you? Wow, I've met you before in x situation. Wow, it's the end of the show!" I'm totally mad at Oprah now. Normally I'm a big Oprah watcher but honestly, it was supposed to be an interview of him, but we got to look at him, hear him say like 2 things, listen to Oprah gush a bit, and it was over. I wonder, there must be more that was cut out. How dissapointing. More Kevin, more Elmo!

(Just a note: What I saw of Kevin and Elmo was absolutely fab. Looking great guys! I just wish it was longer. There was hardly a taste in my mouth before it was over.)
  13. janicegroupie

janicegroupie New Member

I loved seeing Kevin and ELmo together. We don't get to see the muppeteers enough on tv. Unfortunately like everyone has been saying it was way too short. I would love to see a real interview with Kevin sometime.
  14. gfarkwort

gfarkwort Member

Is Kevin really a multimillionaire?......just asking....or was that just plugged in to match his success with Elmo's?
  15. goshposh

goshposh Member

it was way too short. i put up with oprah getting a purse, a barbie, and shoes just to see elmo and kevin. my pay off two freakin minutes. what a jip!
  16. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

The two minutes or so were great. Unfortunately, I had a feeling that he would be at the end and it would be short. At least Oprah seemed excited and interested. I wish the focus wouldn't have been so much on money, but that's Oprah's habit, it seems. I think mentioning "millions of dollars!" tends to have more of an impact on the general public than going into the details of puppeteering.
  17. wes

wes Active Member

It was way to short!! I did like the fact that kevin mention that he started in church, there's hope for me!!!! Wow, Kevin Started just like I did, all though it was short it was very encouraging. I love when puppets get a littile Riskea' no one expects it and it's funny. I told my wife the World should have ended Because Oprah and Elmo Was in the Same room together, it's one of the sign's of the appocalipes!:)

I recorded it i got to figure out how to get it on youtube!?
  18. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I agree that it was too short. They could have done more such as showing clips of Kevin performing Elmo or something like that. I also didn't like that they said that Elmo's been around for 20 years, when really the character was around before Kevin started performing him. It's too bad there wasn't really any mention of Richard Hunt passing Elmo over to Kevin.
  19. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

I too thought it was way too short. If you'd focused less on Barbie and more on Elmo, you'd have not been viewed as a complete and total hypocrite in our eyes, Oprah.

BJ
  20. Billy

Billy New Member

I think it says something about Oprah when she dedicates the majority of her show to handbag designers and shoe makers, instead of a performer who bring joy to millions of people everyday.

A waste of time, in my view. Kevin deserves a REAL interview.