Your Thoughts: Lady Gaga and The Muppets Holiday Spectacular on ABC

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Piggy was pretty much one of the only good parts of the special; as I said previously, I actually liked her (attempted) rendition of "Santa Baby", which is one Christmas song I never particularly cared for.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I always thought it was, and I also thought that she was suppose to use her Karate chop at will, but people have been saying she is using it to much.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Again, if there's anything that was there was too much of... it's Walter's facial expressions, he kind of overdoes. I mean, I'm all for puppets having flexible mouths, thus allowing them more expression in their faces (I still haven't been able to completely master it myself, but then again, I'm not exactly a decent puppet builder), but it seemed like Walter couldn't do or say anything without having some kind of goofy or offbeat look on his face.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think Walter has a Goofy look to him anyways, but it is kind of nice to see him being part of the Muppet family.

I must say my heart skipped a beat, when I saw that our good friend Jim Lewis helped make this I wonder if he finds writing for Walter a challenge.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Well, I will say that it was a pretty good special. There were some great moments whether they were holiday themed or not. (Kudos for bringing Rizzo back and giving him a major role for the first time in several years!) But in the end it was very nice, and worth watching.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Well, I will say that it was a pretty good special. There were some great moments whether they were holiday themed or not. (Kudos for bringing Rizzo back and giving him a major role for the first time in several years!) But in the end it was very nice, and worth watching.
My thoughts exactly.

Beauregard

Reaction score
This was just...odd. Weird and disjointed and totally like The Muppets and Lady Gaga have nothing at all in common. Nothing. (Well, maybe Beauregard, who likes both of them.)

You got that right... I've been searching all over for little clips this morning because its not aired in the UK yet. So far I've seen a cute little backstage talk (with an incredibly awkward Gaga, but charming enough Kermit), an flanderized Karate chop (I'll give you that), some amazing outtakes with RIZZO, a little holiday greeting with chickens from Gonzo, Statler in a fantastic scarf and Animal singing Jingle Bells.

Gaga does what she does, campy, bawdy, vaudeville, awkwardly cut together Thanksgiving specials.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Surprise surprise... everyone hated it. :rolleyes:

I'll agree it was okay, but the main problem for me is that it was rushed. There were a LOT of missed opportunities here, and it seems like the Muppets were added in last minute and this was a Gaga concert special. I actually kinda expected that. The only real disappointment is that they barely interacted with Gaga, and they felt like 2 specials cobbled together with some linking footage.

Seriously, I was not expecting this to be a great classic, but rather something that's a cross promotion of MMW and Gaga's new album. I'm more disappointed that Disney didn't sponsor the Kermit balloon in the Thanksgiving Day parade. That was a pretty stupid lost opportunity to plug the movie.

And really, the Muppet solo segments were pretty good. This isn't Kermit and Piggy appearing for 2 minutes in a crappy variety show/reality show. They brought out Big Mean Carl, Scooter, and Lips. You think everyone would be bouncing off the walls on Lips alone.